Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects (38810 Views)

Police Officers Seen Stopping Vehicles Carrying Anyone With Dreadlocks / EFCC Arrest 4 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos / Police Dismiss 4 Officers Over N200k Extortion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by walteriyke: 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
post=81471451:

So good to know they have been charged for murder.
They should face the consequence of their crime.

It is everywhere online.
Just Google it. it will pop up.
We still saw it some couple of hours ago.
Barbaric!
iv got it but cant post it here ion knw why
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by losky83: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
WNRblog:

The Lagos State Police Command responded to the viral video on social media showing some Police Officers shooting two unarmed suspects who were arrested and already in their custody by arresting the guilty officers and charging them for murder.

According to the state PRO, Bala Elkana, their action is against the code of professional conduct and laws guiding how suspects in Police custody should be treated. The Policemen were identified as Inspector Fabiyi Omomayara, Sergeant Olaniyi Solomon, Sergeant Solomon Sunday and Corporal Aliyu Mukaila attached to Iba Division Patrol team.

The incident happened on 19/8/2019 at about 3.00pm, when Iba Police Station received a distress call from one Anugu Valentine that he was attacked by a group of armed men numbering about four on two motorcycles at Ipayi area, Iba and they dispossessed him of one iPhone max valued at #450: 000.

Acting on the information, the Divisional Police Officer Iba promptly deployed the Divisional Patrol team to the scene. Two of the armed robbers were arrested while two escaped. Two locally made pistols with six life cartridges and five expended cartridges were recovered. The gang is said to be notorious for series of robberies in Iba and environs. It was a well celebrated operation by the team as the suspects were gallantly arrested.

The team however, went extreme by killing the suspects who were already in their custody instead of taking them to the Police Station and allowing the normal process of investigation and prosecution to be initiated as stipulated under procedural laws.

That act of extra judicial killings falls short of police professional standards and cannot be condoned by the Command. The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Zubairu Muazu mni has ordered a thorough investigation into the incident.

The Police Officers are currently subjected to internal disciplinary proceedings known as Orderly Room trial and if found culpable, they will be dismissed from the Force and will be handed over to the State Criminal Investigation Department Yaba for prosecution in the conventional Court. Members of the Public will be updated on the outcome of the investigation and trial.

More ==>> https://www.042hits.com/lagos-police-command-arrest-four-officers-seen-in-viral-video-shooting-at-unarmed-suspects-photo/

The Police Force is charging these officers because of the viral video,otherwise these officers would have gone scot free.These killings occur on daily bases with innocent people being slaughtered. The function of the internal affairs unit to checkmate and re-investigate cases in the force is at zero level.I beg my fellow Nigerians to save,borrow, beg and ask God for a camera phone.it is our only way to get evidence to fight back against inhumane acts.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by planetx: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2019
This are not the same officers, when did SARS started wearing police uniform.
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Unrated900(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wow lovely

First time the Nigerian police force would make us proud

For arresting their fellow cop

Listen if you want to know if the police is active let arm robber kills a police man

You will be surprise how the npf will track them down

Kudos to NPF for this lovely assignment
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by jeanexx7(m): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2019
These men should be sentenced to life imprisonment.
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by olaniyilukman(m): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
I will never and ever support extra-judicial killings, there are lawa and due process must be follow in dealing with criminal matters.. You received a call and you swung into actions and you arrested the criminals and disarmed them and what next is for them to take law into your hand by executing them publicly, it is bad and we must put an end to this shameful act...
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by swazpedro(m): 2:19am On Aug 22, 2019
They will be transferred out of the state and continue policing, BTW.... What do I know
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 5:02am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

Lol, they saw him with the gun, in fact they dispossessed him.

They
See ya life lumi...
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Reeoman: 5:38am On Aug 22, 2019
Why do I get the feeling, this are really not the men that carried out the act?

Like from the video, they seem very fit and agile but this picture describes them to be unfit and lifeless.

I don't know why but I feel like this was just to ease up the tension in the general public
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 7:00am On Aug 22, 2019
Reeoman:
Why do I get the feeling, this are really not the men that carried out the act?

Like from the video, they seem very fit and agile but this picture describes them to be unfit and lifeless.

I don't know why but I feel like this was just to ease up the tension in the general public

Lolzz.
You might be right.
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by crackhouse(m): 7:32am On Aug 22, 2019
freeze001:
The Police are law enforcement officers and are bound by the law. They are supposed to follow due procedure, establish air-tight investigation and prosecution in line with the law they enforce. However, mediocrity, corruption and unhealthy violence has been entrenched and perpetuated in officers; the psyche of citizens they should protect has also been battered so your statement comes as no surprise.

u won't be saying this if u have encountered robbers yourself.
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by freeze001(f): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2019
crackhouse:
u won't be saying this if u have encountered robbers yourself.

I understand your position and even largely agree, it's just a very delicate balance.
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

They
See ya life lumi...

Yes na,the officers did!
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by cooooooks(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2019
These reprisals seem to only happen in Lagos. How can we ensure that the case is pursued to its end?
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 9:30am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

Yes na,the officers did!

The killers you mean.

Same way the officerskillers can say my padi lumi is a yahoo boy
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 10:19am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

The killers you mean.

Same way the officerskillers can say my padi lumi is a yahoo boy

I don't get you oh....are u saying those guys are not armed robbers? shocked
The news said they robbed a phone dealer o...or am I not getting it ni?
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by olumalcolm(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2019
That fat idiot at the far end does not have a police uniform, u can see it does not even conform with his body size. Olofo naso dem dey do for iba axis. Most of dem na cultist so anytin related to their opponents, they act with full rage. Born bastards angry Some boys came to ppl to kill innocent indigenes and up till today, no news or arrest. una no go die beta. angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 10:41am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

I don't get you oh....are u saying those guys ate not armed robbers? shocked
The news said they robbed a phone dealer o...or am I not getting it ni?

We have laws sir.

You can't just arrest people and shoot them in broad daylight. That's madness..
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

We have laws sir.

You can't just arrest people and shoot them in broad daylight. That's madness..

I get your point bro. They, at least could have used them to get the others who escaped.

But I understand why they did what they did. I won't say more
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 11:16am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

I get your point bro. They, at least could have used them to get the others who escaped.

But I understand why they did what they did. I won't say more

There's nothing to understand by their action. They are just insane. No difference between them and the robbers. By the way, when are they going to start shooting our politicians? Maybe they can shoot themselves too for robbing/extorting civilians..
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

There's nothing to understand by their action. They are just insane. No difference between them and the robbers. By the way, when are they going to start shooting our politicians? Maybe they can shoot themselves too for robbing/extorting civilians..
Lol...like I.said I get your point
But if you have ever been robbed my brother,you will understand my point.
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

Lol...like I.said I get your point
But if you have ever been robbed my brother,you will understand my point.

I have been robbed by both police and robbers more than once. I still don't understand your point sir. Lobatan tongue
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

I have been robbed by both police and robbers more than once. I still don't understand your point sir. Lobatan tongue
Lol

I never pity armed robbers bro...never have,never will.

Case closed tongue
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

Lol

I never pity armed robbers bro...never have,never will.

Case closed tongue

This case no be pity case brother lumi..
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

This case no be pity case brother lumi..
They are armed robbers, nothing else matters to me!
Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by skylowlow: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2019
luminouz:

They are armed robbers, nothing else matters to me!

You don't know if they are or not.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by luminouz(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2019
skylowlow:

You don't know if they are or not.

Lol,I hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Who Killed And Buried His Father In A Shallow Grave In Anambra - Photos / Man In Tears As Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap His Wife (Video) / Female Teacher Beats 16-Year-Old Student In Texas. Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.