Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi (962 Views)

FIRS: Garba Shehu Reveals Why Fowler Was Not Reappointed / Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister / Second Term: I Don’t Want To Be Reappointed As Buhari’s Minister – Lokpobiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by Brookinfo(m): 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2019
The Minister of Transportation Rt Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has said he knew he would return as Minister following a hint from President Buhari.

Amaechi who spoke at a post-swearing-in reception organised for him by his supporters from Rivers State, said, he was hinted by Buhari he would return as Minister.

“The President told me the same week cabinet was dissolved that ‘I will return you to cabinet.’ I kept it a secret, but I could have announced to you. So all those who were running helter-skelter, will know that God would not allow them to have their way.” He said.

The Minister who thanked God for his reappointment, stressed that the next thing to do is to make sure that his team performs well in the ministry in such a way that it would be pleasing to the President and to Nigerians, adding that it is extremely key.

According to him, “We are grateful to God for the opportunity to serve again. I know many of you were frightened that we would not get the appointment.”

He urge members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who came to celebrate with him to go home and prepare for Ward, Local Government and State Congresses, adding that only those who can deliver should be carried along.

He also cautioned them to “Be mindful of those who can betray, saying they are taking bribe here and there. I’m not talking about our party or supporters, I am talking about the institutions that are......."

https://brookinfo.com/buhari-told-me-i-would-be-reappointed-minister-amaechi/

Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by majamajic(m): 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
pls finish our bridge before una go 2023
Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by darocha1: 12:04am On Aug 22, 2019
Amaechi talks too much but I find it amusing listening to him
Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by NASTYNASOSO: 12:54am On Aug 22, 2019
darocha1:
Amaechi talks to much but I find amusing listening to him

HMMMMMMM

YOUR ENGLISH IS SIMPLY AMUSING

3 Likes

Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by mrvitalis(m): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2019
You were the best minister last 4 years i hope u improve this year

Your works in roads ,education(best ever in nigeria ) health (best in nigeria) in rivers state was amazing

Wish u the best sir
Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by infohenry(m): 8:13am On Aug 22, 2019
Oga we miss you in Rivers State, our streetlights have gone, roads gone. Insecurity is order of the day, the beautiful dual carriageway you built for us has been covered with waste, schools now look bushy with overgrown grasses.We warned Rivers people but the were playing pdp and Apc politics. Wike is a better politician and you are a good leader sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by Bluezy13(m): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2019
infohenry:
Oga we miss you in Rivers State, our streetlights have gone, roads gone. Insecurity is order of the day, the beautiful dual carriageway you built for us has been covered with waste, schools now look bushy with overgrown grasses.We warned Rivers people but the were playing pdp and Apc politics. Woke is a better politician and you are a good leader sir.

Bitter truth.

I'm not from Rivers State, but I used to follow Amaechi up during his tenure.
He performed above average and irrespective of what happens, I reserve my respect for him on that alone.
The same is applicable to Akpabio during his tenure in Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by darocha1: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2019
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMM

YOUR ENGLISH IS SIMPLY AMUSING

I probably should have gone to bed. Thanks man

1 Like

Re: The President Told Me I Would Be Reappointed Minister - Amaechi by aolawale025: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2019
Good for him.
Enough of the railways debt though

(1) (Reply)

Shock As 85 Year Old Woman Is Caught In An Orgy With Six Elderly Men / BREAKING: Labour, Reps Meeting Failed To Hold, As NLC Seeks New Date / Anambra Government Buys IVM Vehicles After Bbnaija's Mercy Was Made Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.