Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Antidote For Scorpion Sting - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Antidote For Scorpion Sting (744 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today / Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Antidote For Scorpion Sting by damilogogle(m): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
please I need help on antidote for scorpion bite/sting
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by damilogogle(m): 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
there's no reply yet
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by elda2303(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2019
Have u resolved the issue
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by PapaZeus(m): 3:28am On Aug 22, 2019
elda2303:
either that or the person don die
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by damilogogle(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
elda2303:

oh thanks bro, my sister that got strung couldn't sleep all night. she's been taken to the hospital now but she's still in pain. just too much for her
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by kay29000(m): 6:36am On Oct 10, 2019
damilogogle:

oh thanks bro, my sister that got strung couldn't sleep all night. she's been taken to the hospital now but she's still in pain. just too much for her

Please what eventually happened? I just got stung by a scorpion. embarassed cry It was a small scorpion, and I heard scorpion stings are usually not fatal, but the pain is something else. I heard the pain can last for up to a week. cry cry
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by kay29000(m): 6:38am On Oct 10, 2019
Lala please take this to Front Page.
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by Alfred74: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2019
damilogogle:
please I need help on antidote for scorpion bite/sting

Most scorpion stings don't need medical treatment. But if symptoms are severe, you may need to receive care in a hospital. You may be given drugs through a vein (intravenously) to treat pain.

When a scorpion stings

Clean the wound with mild soap and water.
Apply a cool compress to the affected area. This may help reduce pain.
Don't consume food or liquids if you're having difficulty swallowing.
Take an over-the-counter pain reliever as needed. You might try ibuprofen (Motrin IB, Children's Motrin, others) to help ease discomfort.
Re: Antidote For Scorpion Sting by kay29000(m): 6:48am On Oct 10, 2019
Alfred74:

Most scorpion stings don't need medical treatment. But if symptoms are severe, you may need to receive care in a hospital. You may be given drugs through a vein (intravenously) to treat pain.

When a scorpion stings

Clean the wound with mild soap and water.
Apply a cool compress to the affected area. This may help reduce pain.
Don't consume food or liquids if you're having difficulty swallowing.
Take an over-the-counter pain reliever as needed. You might try ibuprofen (Motrin IB, Children's Motrin, others) to help ease discomfort.

I already read this through a Google search, but I just wanted local information...from maybe someone that has experienced something similar. The scorpion stung me around 5:45am this morning. It stung my middle toe.

(1) (Reply)

Cure Diseases And Be Healthy Using Swissguard Products / Salaries Of Pharmacists, Nurses And Other Medical Professionals In Nigeria / Covid-19: Twenty Three (23) New Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.