Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) (71170 Views)

Bayern Munich's New Adidas Home Kit / Lionel Messi Receives His New Adidas Custom Boots, Delivered By A Drone (photos) / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Hhenryy: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2019
makewetalk2:
a very insensitive advert. If they had used anything similar to Mohammed would he have accepted that? The fact that Christians are quiet over certain things does not mean that a big company like Nike would not have advisors who would have suggested the religious impact of this advert before picking it. It makes no sense at all. There are many creative people who could have been given an opportunity to craft encompassing ideas for an advert. This is totally insensitive and insulting.
People get fired for poking their middle fingers. People get criticized for imitating Hitler. People get killed for even drawing a cartoon of Mohammed. Having Salah walk on water is a bid to reduce the MIRACLE that Jesus performed to an ordinary act that anyone could do on a good day. When kids watch this, how do they even get to believe that Jesus performed a miracle when he walked on water? How do you actually convince people that the act is beyond the capabilities of humans?
This is disrespectful. Salah, a Muslim would not agree to do an advert that devalues the works of Mohammed. That is the hypocrisy that we talk about.
They need to take this down and tender a public apology.

I doubt if you watched the video before posting this comment.

I can't see any miracle being replicated in the clip or any magic performed..

The water is not deep at all and you could see his feet submerged as he ran forward and when it was getting deeper the scene was cut off.

If you really want to attack/criticize anyone for trying to imitate/replicate the Jesus act, then that person should be Chris Angel (a magician) maybe you should watch the video of where he walked on water to have an idea of what I'm talking about.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Adeniyii2017: 10:32am On Aug 22, 2019
noble2faith:

I hope they are video tutorials not PDF
It’s completely video, in HD.. very practical.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by makewetalk2: 10:37am On Aug 22, 2019
Read the title
Look the meaning of Insidious up.
Then, read https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9771452/watch-mo-salah-walk-on-water-liverpool/

Hhenryy:

I doubt if you watched the video before posting this comment.

I can't see any miracle being replicated in the clip or any magic performed..

The water is not deep at all and you could see his feet submerged as he ran forward and when it was getting deeper the scene was cut off.

If you really want to attack/criticize anyone for trying to imitate/replicate the Jesus act, then that person should be Chris Angel (a magician) maybe you should watch the video of where he walked on water to have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Highshuula1: 10:41am On Aug 22, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
JUJU IS REAL!
Whoever doubts juju hasn’t seen anything yet. You will see with your own korokoro eyes
mumu....you believe everything Chai...I can call out tons of diamond from nowhere..how about that?
There is a glass under that water but mumu you do not think deep.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by OdenKelechi(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2019
Olufela30:
Make them kuku use am advertise the second coming of Jesus naa !!!

Na that small thing vex you so grin
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2019
taiwolomo1:
u guys brain is so nut and blinded by religion. This is football and they give no Bleep about ur crazy religious mentality! Naija is just so full of shits! Even the westerners dt brought the religion are nt fanatics like naija fools!!! undecided
Take a chill pill man. Why are you so bitter? What did he say that warranted such bile words? The problem with this country is not religion, it's people like you that make life unbearable for others who seek peace. You are bitter and you are the problem, go deal with it. Stop blaming religion for your shit, no one is forcing it on you.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by noble2faith(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

It’s completely video, in HD.. very practical.

How much?
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Adeniyii2017: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2019
noble2faith:

How much?
PM or call for a price.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Ernezee(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2019
Mynd44:
This advert is not a good idea and I think someone at Nike is taking a piss.

It was worse the person they used is a "Mohammed" Sallah because of the religious connotation.

But then again, seems everyone is moving nuts these days, the triggers will be lit

Bros I Don't agree with you Cos This Has Noting To Do With Relegion , although Mane Is The Underated Star At LiverPool He Is Also A Muslim Less You Forget.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Roon9(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=TheGiftedOne post=81490222][/quote]

Bros una no fit na
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by adamx23(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2019
RyanD147:
I disagree.

If we can bring exploits for club and country during Ronaldo and Messi banter, we should also bring it here.

What is good 4 the geese is also good for the gander.
And what has mane achieved for Senegal?
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Onlyonebuhari: 11:43am On Aug 22, 2019
makewetalk2:
Read what you, a literate wrote below. Punctuation and grammar are included in literacy classes. You may have skipped the rudimentary part of your education. Maybe you need to re-enroll in a literacy class before dropping a comment on a public forum.

It's the keyboard of my Samsung. . So you guys dont see sea scrippers shoes used in hydrotherapy training to walk on water?
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Foodforthought: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
Kingkun69:
exactly Adidas nor their ambassador(salah) even mentioned the words salah walks on water literally they just posted light enough to run on shallow water was ESPN that said now salah runs on water which is still not offensive in the least trust Africans to use religion instead of common sense
What is common sense is respecting whatever philosophy a religion holds sacred. Use another example. A Muslim named Mohammed walking on water without sinking...that's insensitive whether you are religious or not. We saw Falz release a music video with women in hijab dancing and performing choreography. All you Muslims became agitated. What you don't like for itself, don't give it to others. It's hypocrisy.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Minemrys: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
makewetalk2:
a very insensitive advert. If they had used anything similar to Mohammed would he have accepted that? The fact that Christians are quiet over certain things does not mean that a big company like Nike would not have advisors who would have suggested the religious impact of this advert before picking it. It makes no sense at all. There are many creative people who could have been given an opportunity to craft encompassing ideas for an advert. This is totally insensitive and insulting.
People get fired for poking their middle fingers. People get criticized for imitating Hitler. People get killed for even drawing a cartoon of Mohammed. Having Salah walk on water is a bid to reduce the MIRACLE that Jesus performed to an ordinary act that anyone could do on a good day. When kids watch this, how do they even get to believe that Jesus performed a miracle when he walked on water? How do you actually convince people that the act is beyond the capabilities of humans?
This is disrespectful. Salah, a Muslim would not agree to do an advert that devalues the works of Mohammed. That is the hypocrisy that we talk about.
is it a muslim that owns adidas? Did salah write the advert for adidas? Was it Salah who approved the advert? Does Salah own adidas? Did adidas n0t kn0w Salah was a muslim before carrying him as brand ambassador? Did adidas n0t kn0w Salah was a muslim before putting him in the advert? Lastly, what do u hope to achieve with this comment? Likes, shares, fame or riot? C0me to think of it, there are films and other adverts that display superhuman feats like running on water, speaking in water. So what? Religious m0r0ns like u are why africa never m0ve forward.

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by mrpaedo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
adamx23:

And what has mane achieved for Senegal?
What has Salah also achieved for Egypt?
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by mrpaedo(m): 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
fergieboy:

It's cox he is black skinned compare to sallah

The black skin is a curse
If the black skin is a curse as you say,Sadio Mane would not be succeeding at Liverpool fc
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by mrpaedo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
RyanD147:
The difference is Mane is black, salah is white. Salah is more marketable while Mane is not.

And they say they want to stop racism in football.
Salah is brown not white.I don't know if what is happening to Mane has to do with racism but what I do know is,a few seasons ago,the media hype around Salah was immense when he scored over 40goals for Liverpool fc and many football fans bought into the hype.
Now that another player is clearly overshadowing Salah,many football fans stil haven't gotten over that hype surrounding Salah a few years ago.
Thesame thing is happening with the Asian player Son and the Brazilian Moura at Tottenham fc.Their performances overshadow Harry Kane's but Kane still gets all the credit from the media and supporters

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Starz825(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
RyanD147:
I’ll choose Mane over Salah any day, any time.

In summary, Mane is the unappreciated hero at Liverpool.
For this thing wey u talk...God bless u...I dey tell pple Dem no dey wan believe...mane is better than sallah any day....
Last season that nigga scored over 20 goals without a single penalty kick.. even this season..he has got more decisive goals than Salah.....maybe because Salah is a white African.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Prnx(m): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
RyanD147:
I’ll choose Mane over Salah any day, any time.

In summary, Mane is the unappreciated hero at Liverpool.
thanks a lot for this and I've been telling people this buh they fail to understand.....buh,I guess their coach know that even....salah always takes all the glory and is like he's sitting on top of Mane's glory....mane everytime,everyday and he's the best in that squad buh only those that knows football will understand that....

2 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by timibare(m): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
mvem:
Salah is still considered a neggar...Salah ain't white
nigga pass nigga abeg
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Newboss(m): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
Actually, a couple of magicians have walked on water. Use Google
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Kingkun69(m): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
Foodforthought:

What is common sense is respecting whatever philosophy a religion holds sacred. Use another example. A Muslim named Mohammed walking on water without sinking...that's insensitive whether you are religious or not. We saw Falz release a music video with women in hijab dancing and performing choreography. All you Muslims became agitated. What you don't like for itself, don't give it to others. It's hypocrisy.
i believe you can read because
He and the brand never said walk on water
You are the ones bringing Jesus into this a brand made innovative designs and now it's insensitive to create so basically humans that create human like robots are insensitive because only God can create?
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Newboss(m): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
makewetalk2:

Walking on water is not a Christian act. It's something magicians pull off from time to time. Free your mind from being controlled by religion. You're a human being.

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Edu3Again: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
BenzEne1:

The creation of man is not miracle enough. You wanted Allah to go ahead and change water to alcohol right??

Allah is a Mohammed invention, nobody worshiped Allah til Mohammed came.

Man worshiped God way b4 the introduction of Allah.

Watch this ⤵️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-i_usnHXs
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Newboss(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
Foodforthought:

So Christianity holds walking on water sacred? Wow.

I didn't know things were that bad with religion. Walking on water is a magical act, just like walking through walls
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Highshuula1:
mumu....you believe everything Chai...I can call out tons of diamond from nowhere..how about that?
There is a glass under that water but mumu you do not think deep.

You and blingxx, I’m surprised u can’t tell I was being sarcastic. Here is my reply to someone who said some people have juju power to do anything:

Ok, but we have a right to ask questions like why don’t they use those powers to rob banks, or win in sports or kill wicked leaders, or smuggle drugs, or get visas, or enter without visa, or get Dangote’s banking info, or get people’s atm, or win lottery or bet9ja, or...

Or better yet, why not demonstrate it to this guy below and win the $1 million he’s had in escrow since the 60’s:

JAMES RANDI

James "The Amazing" Randi (born 1928) is a former magician and a scientific skeptic perhaps best known as a challenger of paranormal claims and pseudoscience. He is the founder of the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF), and co-founder of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, originally known as the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal.

The million-dollar challenge is a prize offered by the James Randi foundation to anyone "who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event."
It has yet to be won though there have been a vast number of attempts.

Randi started the James Randi Educational Foundation to monitor applications for the $1 million prize, and to serve as an organizing body to help promote skepticism and provide educational resources on claims of the paranormal.
The foundation was headed by James Randi for many years before he retired from its presidency.
In 1987 he exposed the Peter Popoff ministry for faking their faith healing claims. The resulting scandal drove Popoff into bankruptcy.
When challenged in 2011 Sally Morgan did not even attempt the challenge.
Sylvia Browne is the only widely known psychic who has offered to take up the challenge. Sylvia was a popular television psychic who claimed that she could communicate with the dead. On March 6, 2001, she agreed to take up the challenge.
To her dying day she did not take the challenge. Sylvia's first excuse was because she did not know how to contact Randi. That is comical: a professional psychic who speaks to dead people cannot figure out how to reach Randi. Her following excuse was that she did not want to take the challenge because Randi is a godless individual—all the more reason she should take the challenge. If the supernatural could be proven and demonstrated, and the $1,000,000 were claimed, it would be a tremendous blow to Randi and the skeptical community, and a tremendous boost to her career as a psychic. Sylvia Browne was special because she was the only professional psychic to accept Randi's challenge, though she later backed off.

“I regard Randi as a national treasure, and perhaps one of the remaining antidotes that may prevent the rotting of the American mind.”
—Arthur C. Clarke
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by LiaKnitter: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hmmmmmmm, the comments here be here atall.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by LiaKnitter: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
Newboss:

Walking on water is not a Christian act. It's something magicians pull off from time to time. Free your mind from being controlled by religion. You're a human being.

Mehn, the comments here is chocking.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by romeorailss: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
Naziwrite:

Totally correct

Even Mo' Salah too is insensitive about it, I mean everyone who loves him know how much he respects and follow his religion,

Why can't he respect Christianity, I mean that's what civilization is all about, understanding things and accepting them,,,,

Too bad from Nike and Mo' Salah

If it were to be the Muslims that such is done to,
By now I know how much death threats will flood his Instagram and Twitter account

Why are u people mentioning Nike when it's Adidas
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by Alkanoicacid(m): 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
Wallaahi. Christians are just so stupid.
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by 3phase(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mynd44:
This advert is not a good idea and I think someone at Nike is taking a piss.

It was worse the person they used is a "Mohammed" Sallah because of the religious connotation.

But then again, seems everyone is moving nuts these days, the triggers will be lit
maybe you are the one taking it that way.... it's just an advert
Re: Mohamed Salah Walks On Water In New Adidas Advert, Fans Shocked (Photos) by fergieboy: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
mrpaedo:

If the black skin is a curse as you say,Sadio Mane would not be succeeding at Liverpool fc
He is not getting the acolades he deserves

Unlike Sallah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Super Eagles 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia / Sadio Mane Commissions Hospital In His Senegal Hometown (Photos) / Jude Ighalo's Sister, Mary Is Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.