Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,179 members, 7,864,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

The Bull Moose Principle - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Bull Moose Principle (195 Views)

This Man Is A Legend In Bull Fight. Who Can Try This? / How Archimedes Principle Was Discovered Accidentally In The Bathroom / What It Means To Take The Bull By The Horns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bull Moose Principle by GistwithEsther: 7:57am On Aug 22, 2019
So, I got up this morning and my mind took me back to something I had read some days back. It is quite random but yeah, I most times find myself reading random stuffs on most occasions. But well, this one came home. It was something about the Alaskan Bull Moose. I wanted to titled my write up as “preparation is everything “, I decided to go with the “Bull moose principle”, because that’s what spark the idea for this write-up in the first place. I hope you enjoy it and I hope it drives home to you and call out what the intention of this write up is which is to bring out the best in you.

Every fall, groups of male Alaskan bull moose gather and battle for dominance during breeding season. They literally go head-to-head, their massive antlers crushing together as they collide and attack each other. Sometimes their antlers- a moose’s only weapon, get broken in the fight. Without antlers, defeat is inevitable. In the end, the moose with the biggest and strongest antlers is the only one who triumphs in battle.

Here’s what’s so interesting about that. The strength of a moose’s antlers come from a healthy summer diet, when the moose is continually eating. Once fall arrives, a moose can do nothing to strengthen his antlers. So, the battle which is fought in the fall is really won in the summer! The moose that consistently eats the best diet ends up being the strongest and best prepared for a guaranteed victory. Those that don’t prepare by eating well end up with weaker antlers, with less strength and are, ultimately, defeated.

My whole point is this, everything is preparation, and preparation is everything. There is a fundamental difference between those who succeed and those who can only dream of treading the same path. The difference is in their mentality, their preparation; how they view themselves in relation to where they want to be.

Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity. Preparation is defined as the things that you do or the time that you spend preparing for something. It’s possible to use preparation as an excuse to procrastinate out of fear of failure. But there’s only one cure, which is Active Preparation.

In the excitement of “I can do anything,” it’s important to remember to be prepared. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” (Abraham Lincoln). When a thing has been actively prepared for, accomplishing it takes lesser time. Proper preparation prevents poor performance.There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

I don’t believe in luck, I believe in preparation. Good luck is when preparation meets opportunity, while bad luck is when lack of preparation meets reality. It’s not the will to win that matter, everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters. Because, thorough preparation makes its own luck.

As You set your sights on new goals and dreams, you will realize that they too will require planning and preparation. The “doing” is all the more fun and fulfilling when you are prepared for it and can thrive. “Prepare the umbrella before it rains.” Preparation time is never wasted time.

Active preparation reduces errors, prevents re-work, and shortens activities. Properly prepared meetings take much less time to conduct. Reduce your stress, because when you are ready, you are confident. When you are prepared, your stress is reduced because you have less to worry about. If you always wear your game face – you’ll always be ready.

“Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”( Oprah Winfrey). Believing that you can achieve your dreams is a part of preparation.

What are you doing to get prepared? Preparation is important; you must start the process of getting prepared now. So my advice is this: Know What You Want to Accomplish. This sounds simple, and it is the most fundamental step. But it is often the most neglected aspect of being prepared. And keep in mind the bull moose principle, only the well prepared are guaranteed triumphs in the battle.

How decisive are you? Do you grasp opportunities or allow them to slip by? What’s your biggest regret and what did you learn from it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Please share!share!share! Invite your friends to like this page on facebook. GIST WITH ESTHER, it might just be a channel to bless them. God bless you and have a productive day.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Sweet Word Of Advice For Students / INTRODUCING A New Social Media / Need Male And Female Actors In Osun State, No Fee No Payment,whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.