Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

He Wants To Know Why The Position Was Advertised Last Year, And This Year Again! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Wants To Know Why The Position Was Advertised Last Year, And This Year Again! (428 Views)

Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year / VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / Can This Type Of Vacancy Be Advertised In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Know Why The Position Was Advertised Last Year, And This Year Again! by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:32am On Aug 22, 2019
From one of my fans, Anderson

Question: Good day Mr. Patrick. I very much appreciate the good work you are doing and I’m going to tell all my friends about your site. Now to the issue at hand. I received an invite for an interview last Thursday. Actually, there was an advert for this position last year in this same company but I didn’t apply. This year again, I saw the same job advert and applied. Now I have been invited for an interview. It’s either the previous person was sacked or he died or he left for greener pastures. How can I find out why the position is vacant since I don’t know anybody in that company?

Answer: It’s a good idea to know why the position is vacant. At least that will help you know whether or not the job will be appealing to you, considering the fact that some employers are very difficult to work with. I suggest You wait till the interview and ask the interviewer in person. Here’s how to put your question, “Is this a new position? If not, why did the previous employee leave?” Please wait till the end of the interview before asking, so that you don’t look too curious. He may not give You all the details, but from his answer You should be able to form your opinion of the company and the position.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Know Why The Position Was Advertised Last Year, And This Year Again! by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2019
Dear Nairalanders, could you please help out here. Besides asking the interviewer, what other means can be of help?
Re: He Wants To Know Why The Position Was Advertised Last Year, And This Year Again! by PalmOilDealer: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
If he doesn't know anyone in the company, asking the interviewer would be the only way, but I advice against it.
Re: He Wants To Know Why The Position Was Advertised Last Year, And This Year Again! by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
PalmOilDealer:
If he doesn't know anyone in the company, asking the interviewer would be the only way, but I advice against it.

Thanks for your input.

(1) (Reply)

Total 2nd Batch INDUSTRIAL TRAINING / VACANCY: Coscharis Group Massive Recruitment / African Youth Conference | Ambassadors Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.