Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Okoi Obono-obla Can You Turn The Hands Of Time - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Okoi Obono-obla Can You Turn The Hands Of Time (221 Views)

What Will You Change, If You Could Turn The Hands Of Time? / 2023 : No Handover Agreement Was Reached Between Buhari & Tinubu - Obono-obla / You Took Your Job And Declared Me Wanted, Looters Are Not Treated That Way- Obla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okoi Obono-obla Can You Turn The Hands Of Time by Lifted2000: 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
If I were Okoi Obono-Obla

By George Tari

If I were Okoi Obono-Obla there were many things I would have done very differently. But Obono-Obla is his own man, a man who wanted power and a man who absolute power corrupted absolutely.

Firstly, if I were Obono-Obla, I would have stuck to the mandate of my office instead of over-stepping my boundary and jumping into the jurisdiction of others.

Secondly, I would have hearkened to the warnings that came my way that my office was solely designed to investigate and not prosecute. I certainly would not go about blackmailing people and threatening them with the Presidency, when in the real sense, I’m not the President.

Thirdly, I wouldn’t embark on a needless media trial by co-opting Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA) and others to sensationlise a case that turns out that he is digging his own grave.

Fourthly, If I were Obono-Obla, I would not continue to play judge and jury especially when all the evidences are against me. I understand that he does not want to retire into his shell like a battered tortoise but he must face the music for the abuse of office.

Fifthly, If I were Obono-Obla, I would not take my bribery and extortion business to foreign missions in Nigeria, it was a disgrace and a stain on Nigeria and Nigerians.

Sixthly, If I were Obono-Obla I would not have beaten Mrs Nkeiru Okpalanozie Negwa, a pregnant woman who was accused by his Panel of receiving bribe as an electoral officer, in the February 2019 elections, in order to manipulate results. She was arrested on 7 June 2019 and severely beaten to the extent she began to bleed. She was rushed to DEDA Hospital Jabi on 8 June 2019 by the operatives of the Panel, where she received treatment.

Seventhly, If I were Obono-Obla, I definitely would have meddled in election matters because it had nothing to do with Special Presidential Investigation Panel on the Recovery of Public Property.

If I were Obono-Obla, I would not have received donations on behalf of the Panel without declaring such donations to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation or retiring same.

If I were Obono-Obla, I would not have involved myself massive corruption, nepotism and violation of financial regulations.

If I were Obono-Obla, I would not have hired Mr.Nnadi Ifebi, a friend, who is not a member of the Panel to sign correspondences as my Chief of Staff and send out invitations to victims usually to extort money from them in the process.

If I were Obono-Obla, I would have respected the ruling of the Federal High Court and the Court of Appeal that spelt out my mandate and stressed that, “the Panel only act on a written mandate received from the Presidency, and will seek authorization from the Presidency to undertake fresh mandates in accordance with extant laws of the Federation.”

If I were Obono-Obla, I would have halted my nefarious act when complaints against my work were flying left, right and center, and also, when I noticed that President Muhammadu Buhari has been inundated with complaints of all sorts.

But what did Obono-Obla sought to do? He sought to bite the finger that fed him. I will advise that he shuts up and face his case, the more he talks, the more he buries himself.

A word is enough for the wise. Take a cue from Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita.

By George Tari, President of Coalition of Nigerian Youths for Good Governance, CNYGG

(1) (Reply)

MP3: DJ Jimmy Jatt Ft. Peruzzi – Jogodo (how We Do) / Caption This Photo Of Messi And C. Ronaldo / Tattoo: The Myth, The Legend And The Truths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.