Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? (1318 Views)

Oshiomhole: Peter Obi Creates Jobs Abroad, Contributes To Rising Unemployment / Ngige: Rising Unemployment Can Wipe Out Nigeria, Elite Unsafe / Supreme Court Warns Buhari: Stop! Using Public Funds To Defend Yourself In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
The NBS has not providing Nigerians the unemployment statistics for 2 quarters. The unemployment rate is an important indicator of the overall health of the economy. It serves as a lagging indicator which informs after economic trend takes hold. It's used in determining monetary policy for CBN and fiscal policy. The NBS is yet to forecast when it will release this piece of economic data. If your interested in this issue email them requesting, it.

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/contact

Front Page: Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by JosEast(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
No cry
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Me was thinking unemployment rate is gonna drop but reverse is the case..... The country needs help

3 Likes

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Kaceman(m): 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
Does he noe his the president sef
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Marineghost: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
That's why fraud is on the rise
And later robbery will soon join

1 Like

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by yomi007k(m): 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2019
Marineghost:
That's why fraud is on the rise
And later robbery will soon join

That's why kidnapping had increased.

2 Likes

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by psucc(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
Shame or concern? No they are not.

All they care is elections. They have just finished 2019 and are aligning and strategizing for 2023. That's the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2019
My little conspiracy theory is the they sinply stopped because it would look bad during the election. The unemployment rate crept up about 7% within a year. The economy is one the major weak points of Buhari administration. The NBS kept providing other stats like GDP and Inflation stats but only this major one stopped.

The only flaw to my theory is the NBS hasn't been consistent with providing these stats to begin with. You can do a search to see the official unemployment stats are sparce to begin with.

PS: Remember to email them if your interested in rate.

Front Page: Lalasticlala mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 2:20am On Aug 24, 2019
psucc:
Shame or concern? No they are not.

All they care is elections. They have just finished 2019 and are aligning and strategizing for 2023. That's the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria

Lol that's true. Its funny the opposition couldn't capitalize on this. I dont remember anyone saying buhari made unemployment sugrge or suggest his ERGP failed. The people and media are worse for not making fuss about it. Imagine if Trump stopped releasing unemployment numbers.

3 Likes

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
Final bump
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by grandstar(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Me was thinking unemployment rate is gonna drop but reverse is the case..... The country needs help

A country like Nigeria with a high population growth rate of 2.6% yearly needs an economic yearly growth rate of at least 7% to create enough jobs for those entering into the labour force yearly. Since the economy only grew 1.9% last year and is estimated to grow by only 2.5% yearly over the next 4 years, unemployment and underemployment will worsen as the country is far from creating enough jobs for those entering the labour force every year.

Nigeria might even need more than 7% yearly growth as the growth rate here isn't as labour intensive as it should be due to the fact that a lot of labour intensive sectors of the economy need constant power supply which is lacking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by helinues: 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
Same op listed the contacts of the agency incharge.. Why not email or phone them to make the enquiry?
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by FarahAideed: 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Yemi kale has been pressured into dumping that vital stat because it exposes the Buhari govt ..Nigerians are no longer even looking for jobs because they have completely lost hope in the Buhari govt ability to create jobs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
Yemi kale has been pressured into dumping that vital stat because it exposes the Buhari govt ..Nigerians are no longer even looking for jobs because they have completely lost hope in the Buhari govt ability to create jobs

That's an interesting graph you have. The only issue using it future is why people are traveling out. Anyway you could also be right about workforce participation rate going down but I dont remember if stat was mentioned. I'll probably add it to requested information if not their already.

helinues:
Same op listed the contacts of the agency incharge.. Why not email or phone them to make the enquiry?

People dont really care for answers and rather complain for catharsis. The best example was how people used to argue blindly about state GDP ranking. People can 5 pages or more but wont send 3 sentence email to NBS who has answer.
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
Update: NBS is going to update unemployment stats in December. Take it with a grain of salt because NBS does miss deadlines for releading stats. Unemployment stays aren't major to general public oddly so it goes unnoticed.
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2019
Blue3k:
The NBS has not providing Nigerians the unemployment statistics for 2 quarters. The unemployment rate is an important indicator of the overall health of the economy. It serves as a lagging indicator which informs after economic trend takes hold. It's used in determining monetary policy for CBN and fiscal policy. The NBS is yet to forecast when it will release this piece of economic data. If your interested in this issue email them requesting, it.

Bambambiglo can tell us.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by sweetonugbu: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
because it's getting worse

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
imhotep:

Bambambiglo can tell us.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

Stay tuned I'll update the forum December 13th. It's going to interesting to see if the trend changed. They skipped Q4 2018 and Q1 2019. The data released will be Q2-Q3 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Bambambiglo: 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
imhotep:

Bambambiglo can tell us.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

Another gay lord without sense
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Bambambiglo:

Another gay lord without sense
How is Daura na ? ;d
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Bambambiglo: 8:56am On Oct 19, 2019
imhotep:

How is Daura na ? ;d

How is your asshole
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
Anyway it seems the unemployment stats wont be released this month. NBS removed it from the data release calander. I guess they're no longer interested interested in tracking it.

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by trutht828: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Because buhari isn't interested in your progress. He doesn't give a damn.
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by urahara(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:
Anyway it seems the unemployment stats wont be released this month. NBS removed it from the data release calander. I guess they're no longer interested interested in tracking it.

Maybe it has become to embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
trutht828:

Because buhari isn't interested in your progress. He doesn't give a damn.

Lol it could about his unwillingness publish his failures with the economy. It wouldn't matter anyway since Nigerian dont seem to vote based on the economy like Americans.

3 Likes

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by trutht828: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol it could about his unwillingness publish his failures with the economy. It wouldn't matter anyway since Nigerian dont seem to vote based on the economy like Americans.

Yeah, but publishing it will further expose his government to be very bad.
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
urahara:

Maybe it has become to embarrassing.

It would be considering his ERGP failed. Im still surprised opposition parties didn't campaign simply on this issue. It just tells me their campaign team sucked at their jobs. All they liked doing is organizing rallies and photoshoots.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by urahara(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

It would be considering his ERGP failed. Im still surprised opposition parties didn't campaign simply on this issue. It just tells me their campaign team sucked at their jobs. All they liked doing is organizing rallies and photoshoots.

Maybe they didn't campaign on the ergp issue because I think most Nigerians really don't know about the egrp or about what it entails.
Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Afolabimills(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
It's so sad so so sad Nigeria d country of my birth is under dis clueless wicked tyrant who is rulling with impunity bigotry lies n deciet poverty etc is on d increase

1 Like

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lol it's funny how NBS resonds after journalists shame them. I guess they dont like losing face. The new release date is march lets see if they postpone it again.

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by Blue3k(m): 12:25am On Mar 10, 2020
Lets see if they actually release the stats tomorrow. Lol it might end up postponing indefinitely since they dont have funds for important stats like crime and unemployment. I'll definitely have my eye out for it.

Re: Why did Buhari stop tracking the rising Unemployment Rate? by sapientia(m): 12:35am On Mar 10, 2020
They are waiting for approval by president Kyari

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EndSARS : Nigerian soldier shares his encounter with SARS operatives in Enugu / I’ll Appear In A Live Broadcast Tomorrow, To Show I’m Alive – Nnamdi Kanu / Help! EKEDC And Their Outrageous Estimated Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.