Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers (15283 Views)

Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Ngige Threatens Striking Doctors With No-Work, No-Pay Policy / Ngige Threatens To Sue James Falake Over N2 Billion Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by themomentng: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, has threatened to sanction banks, who sack workers indiscriminately, saying they ought to declare redundancy before taking such decisions.

Mr Ngige, who resumed duty on Thursday alongside the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Tayo Alasoadura, said it was worrisome that workers were sacked without recourse to due process of disengagement.

According to him, the ministry has introduced time frame of running agreements that have been reached with trade unions in order to make an insurable industrial climate.

“We also have to monitor job loses, we also have to stem the tide of job losses through a proactive action from this ministry.

“We were all here, when the bank started, we had to stop them because we looked into the matter and discover they didn’t actually declare redundancy, which is in labour sections.

“They must observe the article of redundancy, once they do that, the law is the last to come first to go.

‘We discovered that those banks, having used earlier people, want to dispose them and bring relatives and other friends, the same thing in the oil industry.

“We have created an enabling environment for them, we can do better, we can consolidate on our gains, we can also conciliate in a better way.

“We have introduced time frame of running agreements that have been reached with trade unions in order to make an insurable industrial climate.

“We have done it before, we can do it again, I urge all of you to wear your cap as issue of unemployment rest on the government to stem it,” the minister said.

Mr Ngige said through the department of cooperatives, currently managed by the ministry of agriculture, government will ensure that all states of the federation collaborate to promote self-employment.

He pledged commitment to continue working with the labour unions, saying due process would be followed to engender peaceful industrial peace and harmony.

He said he delayed registration of the United Labour Congress, following the issue of not meeting the requirements as a trade Union.

“I remain committed to working with the Labour unions. The Nigeria Labour Congress is a federation of labour unions. You have other federations such as the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria and the United Labour Congress, which has not been officially registered, but there are unions that are there.

“I refused to register the United Labour Congress as a labour federation in his first coming to the ministry because they have not met the legal requirement of having 12 brand new labour unions, even though they currently have about 18 unions in their fold.

“We will also extend our hand of friendship to all the labour unions, before I left, we had some family dispute, there is no family that has no problem.

“However, we have resolved it in a family way and will ensure the wounds heals permanently, this is what I have to say for tripartism,” the minister said.

He also commended the International Labour Organisation (ILO) for providing an office for Nigeria in Geneva, saying this meant more responsibility for the country as “the whole of Africa now promoted us to take charge of West Africa and Africa region.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/business/348107-ngige-threatens-to-sanction-banks-over-indiscriminate-sack-of-workers.html/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Japsylee: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
Bribe dey hungry am..... small money I'm go change I'm mind !!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by CalabarPikin: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hehehehe..

They've tempered with one of his runs guy...

Sharp man....... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by CeterisXVII: 1:24am On Aug 23, 2019
Ngige cannot do shishi. So he should stop running his mouth....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by ursullalinda(f): 3:40am On Aug 23, 2019
Long over due, if only he wil act

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by juvewalex(m): 3:43am On Aug 23, 2019
Nigerian banks will be like, Mr. Man do your worse because they know that CBN self it's to bark and can't bite not to talk of Ngige threatening them grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by eben2marketer: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by KingGBsky(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2019
I don’t seem to understand this man always problematic. He always search for ways to cause problems rather than do his job and make life easy for Nigerians.
He is the sole reason why the #30,000 minimum wage is yet to be signed. Very conny looking Ibo man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by 9jaRealist: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2019
“Last to come, first to go” blah, blah, blah...
You think banks are civil service where performance is irrelevant?

>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by anonymuz(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2019
Naija na joke. Tayo alasoadura grin from senator to a minster....recycling indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Barrywest(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
What is my own, as far as my money no shift, nothing concern me, am tired of Nigeria
All I can do now is to drink beer and harbor my thoughts of Canada in my mind, one day miracle fit happen
For now I dey wait for tonight clubbing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Flier: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
PhilbanConsult:
We are currently hiring for our client in the Hospitality Industry:

Chefs and
Drivers

Interested candidates should forward their resumes to info@philbanconsulting.com using positioned applied for as subject of the mail.

Deadline: 30th August, 2019.
You self need the job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
The most useless Labour minister Nigeria has ever had in it History Chris Ngige

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Jobac: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
Mazi Ngige, you are not making any sense here. Your first assignment is to finalize N30,000.00 minimum wage. Don't promise what you can't do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Four4Clien(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
Abeg make dem do am if I go get better service

get your professional looking website or blog designed and secured for you for just 8k only. Contact via whassup - +234070630-84171

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by olisaEze(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
Good development, that is what we expect of a labor minister.

PS: Hope this is not all bark and no bite o? (In Remi Tinubu’s voice)- APC we nor dey trust una again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Johnalonge50: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2019
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by JubrinElSudan: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2019
How many did you sanction in your first term as Labour Minister? During the period, many banks laid off their workers. Now all of a sudden, he remembers that he can sanction them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Mycartoonpic(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Nathdoug201: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2019
Hope he told Abba Kyari first?
Before the threat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by Kendumazy(m): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2019
Not only banks but other manufacturing companies using Nigerians like slaves.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by mosho2good: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2019
*#PLEASE PUT THIS RULES IN YOUR LIFE AGENDA#*

1. *Respect 3 People*
*. Teachers
*. Parents
*. Elderly

2. *Keep 3 things in you*
*. Honesty
*. Faith
*. Good Deeds

3. *Be Free from 3 things*
*. Arrogance
*. Cheating
*. Debts 

4. *Control 3 things*
*. Tongue
*. Anger
*. Appetite

5. *Reject 3 things*
*. Bad deeds
*. Backbiting
*. Jealousy

6. *Obtain 3 things*
*. Knowledge
*. Understanding
*. Wisdom

7. *Build on 3 things*
*. Good counsel
*. Good Manners
*. Godliness with contentment 

8. *Keep 3 things pure*
*. Body
*. Clothes
*. Thoughts

9. *Remember 3 things*
*. Death
*. Hell
*. Heaven

10. *Protect 3 things*
*. Family
*. Future
*. Friends

11. *Work on 3 things*
*. Vision
*. Trust
*. Faith

12. *Run away from 3 things*
*. Sin
*. Pride
*. Bad association 

13. *Love 3 People*
*. God
*. Yourself
*. Others

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by SouthSouth1914: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2019
If this dude can match his word with action it will be a very welcome development.. Banks in Nigeria act like mini god just like their police counterpart- very irresponsible when recruiting and firing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by nwamabo247(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2019
good morning pls help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige Threatens To Sanction Banks Over Indiscriminate Sack Of Workers by johnnychuks(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2019
at your age ngige, its only Bank that you notice such, you don't see it in every other companies, even the foreigners come here to enslave us in the name of work. at the same time let us to know that our government is solitary behind them!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assault: NBA To Investigate CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar / Pictures Of Police Residential Quarters / Falana To Buhari: Pardon Convicted Soldiers As You Do Repentant Boko Harams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.