|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,214,689 members, 4,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 26 March 2019 at 09:22 AM
|Playstation Move Information by omafones: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2010|
Playstation Move Information[/b]Though the Move devices may look a lot like the Wii's motion controls,it is claimed this new system considerably more accurate than Nintendo's motion controls and quite versatile. It is good for games like casual party games like "Sports Champions" and even forthcoming first-person shooters like "Killzone 3" and found it works well and is fun to use all around.
[b]PlayStation Move is comprised of three parts: the PlayStation Eye camera (which has been available for some time), the Move motion controller (this is the wand with the bulb on the top) and the Move navigation controller (the device with the stick on it).
The PlayStation Eye, working in conjunction with the Move controller, makes for highly precise detection of your movements. That's because the camera not only tracks the lighted sphere on the top of the wand, but the wand itself is equipped with a three-axis gyroscope and a three-axis accelerometer to help it read motion.
Meanwhile the camera, which includes a built-in microphone, allows for voice detection and for some interesting new gameplay elements such as the augmented reality you'll see in a game like "EyePet".
If you're thinking about jumping into Move, there are a couple of pricing/bundle options to consider. Here's a look at them:
• PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle: ₦89,000 – If you don't own a PS3, this is the package for you. It includes a PS3 system with a 320 gigabyte hard drive, one PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, a copy of "Sports Champions," and a PlayStation Move game bonus demo disc.
• PlayStation Move Bundle: ₦15,500 – For those who own a PS3, this bundle includes one Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera and a copy of "Sports Champions."
• PlayStation Move motion controller: ₦15,000, available as a stand-alone product. Tip: Even if you buy the Move Bundle above, you may want to purchase an extra motion controller so you can, say, play the "Gladiator Duel" sword fighting game in "Sports Champions" with a friend or carry a motion-controlled shield in one hand as well as a motion-controlled sword in the other.
• PlayStation Move navigation controller: ₦8,500, available as a stand-alone product. Tip: All PlayStation Move games can be played without this navigation controller (which does not sense motion but is used to navigate on-screen). But having spent some time with Move, I'd say you're going to want to invest in that navigation controller as well — which takes the place of the left side of a standard PlayStation controller (the left analog stick, d-pad and trigger). You'll especially want it if you plan to play Move-enabled first-person shooters.
Some Move-enabled titles available are;
•"Sports Champions" — a collection of sports-related party games that include archery, sword fighting, bocce and table tennis
•"EyePet" — a virtual pet simulation game
•"Kung Fu Rider" — an action/arcade game that has players riding , office furniture.
•"Start the Party!" —a collection of virtual-reality mini-games
• Also available: "High Velocity Bowling," "Heavy Rain," Tumble," "MAG," "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011," "R.U.S.E.," "Brunswick Pro Bowling," "Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, " "Toy Story 3," The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest," and "Racquet Sports."
Meanwhile, in the coming months, games like "TRON: Evolution," "The Sly Collection," "Time Crisis: Razing Storm," and "LittleBigPlanet 2" will all launch with Move support.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55