Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) (5522 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Mehta Shows The Largest Active Tomato Farm In Nigeria / Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Disturbing Photos Of Burnt Animals From The Burning Amazon Rainforest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
what are you waiting for? Why not donate yours or start a fund raising program.

I played my part already.
Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by henryobinna(m): 7:56am On Aug 24, 2019
topcatking:

I played my part already.
so your part is calling on billionaires to donate their hard earned money to a course they probably do not care about, on Nairaland. Are they even on nairaland sef?

nobody has the right to tell anyone where and on what to spend their money, no single person does. More over the French church that got burnt is not just one of those building but a church and a very important one to the history of France and Christians(Catholics) so these billionaires are probably from there and are Catholics so they are sympathetic towards it.

if they like they can even sink their money in the Atlantic it doesn't concern anyone.

by the way the Amazon forest is owned by Brazil, so they should fix their problems, if these billionaires were to go to the forest for economic purpose say mining, drilling or whatever they'll definitely be taxed or even outrightly sent away... why then should they bring their money?
Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
so your part is calling on billionaires to donate their hard earned money to a course they probably do not care about, on Nairaland. Are they even on nairaland sef?

nobody has the right to tell anyone where and on what to spend their money, no single person does. More over the French church that got burnt is not just one of those building but a church and a very important one to the history of France and Christians(Catholics) so these billionaires are probably from there and are Catholics so they are sympathetic towards it.

if they like they can even sink their money in the Atlantic it doesn't concern anyone.

by the way the Amazon forest is owned by Brazil, so they should fix their problems, if these billionaires were to go to the forest for economic purpose say mining, drilling or whatever they'll definitely be taxed or even outrightly sent away... why then should they bring their money?

The interesting bit here is how you made an ass of Yourself by assuming "I was calling on billionaires on nairaland". Last time I checked, Nairaland members are largely "faceless" and do not advertise their net worth.

ALso, what part of comparison do you not understand? 2 fires, the first, in a historic church (of great importance to the French, as you were so quick to point out) and the second, in the Amazon forest (of great importance to EARTH. Being one of the few remaining forestbelts that trap CO2 and clean up emissions from ...oh! The industries mostly owned by...whom? yeah, billionaires. (Before you..so quickly speak again, emissions are gaseous, it travels. That a factory is in Asia does not stop the emissions having global impact. Think Global warming, think Ice cap melt)

Also, maybe, you should look up the kind of wood/timber needed to rebuild Notre dames roof. It can be sourced where? Brazil. Amazon forest, precisely. So, it is all interwoven.

You probably mean well, but nobody likes a smart aleck. Next time you feel like showing off, read between the lines first, then ask yourself if it is worth it.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by Damfostopper(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
Generalwoodz:
If Amazon rainforest accounts for 20% of the earth oxygen then how many percent does our very own Sambisa forest accounts for?
they are talking about forest.... ur talking about grassland......

so if they are mentioning forest.... you will mention sambisa

who raised you?

Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by henryobinna(m): 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
topcatking:

The interesting bit here is how you made an ass of Yourself by assuming "I was calling on billionaires on nairaland". Last time I checked, Nairaland members are largely "faceless" and do not advertise their net worth.

ALso, what part of comparison do you not understand? 2 fires, the first, in a historic church (of great importance to the French, as you were so quick to point out) and the second, in the Amazon forest (of great importance to EARTH. Being one of the few remaining forestbelts that trap CO2 and clean up emissions from ...oh! The industries mostly owned by...whom? yeah, billionaires. (Before you..so quickly speak again, emissions are gaseous, it travels. That a factory is in Asia does not stop the emissions having global impact. Think Global warming, think Ice cap melt)

Also, maybe, you should look up the kind of wood/timber needed to rebuild Notre dames roof. It can be sourced where? Brazil. Amazon forest, precisely. So, it is all interwoven.

You probably mean well, but nobody likes a smart aleck. Next time you feel like showing off, read between the lines first, then ask yourself if it is worth it.

Peace
I have a short reply.
Irrespective of what you believe or think of anyone, don't think you have the moral justification to suggest where they spend their money unless they seek for your opinion. Whether the forest is responsible for all you said or not. it doesn't matter. Priorities are most important afterall.

by the way Trump is offering help the owner of the forest(Brazil)
Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by Generalwoodz(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
Damfostopper:
they are talking about forest.... ur talking about grassland......

so if they are mentioning forest.... you will mention sambisa

who raised you?
Na your papa na...abi you've forgotten
Re: Day Turns Midnight In Brazil As World's Largest Tropical Rainforest Burns(Pics) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
I have a short reply.
Irrespective of what you believe or think of anyone, don't think you have the moral justification to suggest where they spend their money unless they seek for your opinion. Whether the forest is responsible for all you said or not. it doesn't matter. Priorities are most important afterall.

by the way Trump is offering help the owner of the forest(Brazil)

SMH. You keep missing the point.

"Suggestions" do not start with "If only..." (This is more of an observation).

Read it again .

If I were to suggest, I would use "I think they should, or, they should, or why don't they...)

Really. Read

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Farmers Whatsapp Group / Gain investors for your poultry business with this ultimate Plan / Please Can I Still Get Farmland For Lease Around Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.