Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth (8512 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Sterope(f): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
You wan develop brain tumour on top another person religion. You go dey alright. Amebo!

sorextee:
Everything is haram to them. Anything the prophet did not do during his time and u started doing it will be tagged haram.
I'm even surprised they didn't say football is haram becos prophet did not play ball during his reign. Its high time they change their level of thinking.
Even Saudi Arabia don dey adopt modernity. At least they and other Arab countries do own version of American idol.
But one afonja Muslim wey carry the religion for head like plantain chips go dey call am haram.
Good riddance...

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by mammanbawa: 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
I normally don't post on Islamic threads cos of the arguments
OP is an extremist and as muslims we must not be like mister OP
He went as far as demeaning the reciters which is also filthy in his words
If something does not go down with you, don't condemn it and those doing it
Preach against it in a soothing manner and portray our religion in good light
People like you make me not to comment in this section
So sad

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by mammanbawa: 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sterope:
The title says filth not fitnah. Dedicate more time to reading clearly and understanding issues before jumping to comment.

If you deemed the the women in your family quite silly to discuss issues, you shouldn't deem other women such. Under Islamic law, we have the same punishments and reward for actions and omissions so you have no right, no privilege and no special ability to deem yourself superior in Islamic knowledge and analysis. You are very stupi.d. Online or not, I will talk about religious issues that affects me and people around me whether you and your lots like it or not. Limit your silly opinions to women who have decided to entertain your complex. I can't be bothered to massage your ego.

Go home and talk to your wife anyhow. If you quote me again, you will explain to me in your limited intelligence and knowledge why you should be dragging an issue with an unfamiliar woman.

Leave the ignoramus abeg
They keep making reference to the verse "arrijalu qawwamuna alannisaa"
Not knowing the injunctions and the complete meaning
They believe they're superior and know everything
Whatever does not go down with them, they label haram
They trample on their spouses and sisters and marry them off like goats
They're the most hypocritical and ignorant set of muslims
And they're many in this section
That's why at times I don't bother commenting
They just prove that a fool will drag you down to his level and beat you with his foolishness
Munafiquns

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by olawonder(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sterope:
The title says filth not fitnah. Dedicate more time to reading clearly and understanding issues before jumping to comment.

If you deemed the the women in your family quite silly to discuss issues, you shouldn't deem other women such. Under Islamic law, we have the same punishments and reward for actions and omissions so you have no right, no privilege and no special ability to deem yourself superior in Islamic knowledge and analysis. You are very stupi.d. Online or not, I will talk about religious issues that affects me and people around me whether you and your lots like it or not. Limit your silly opinions to women who have decided to entertain your complex. I can't be bothered to massage your ego.

Go home and talk to your wife anyhow. If you quote me again, you will explain to me in your limited intelligence and knowledge why you should be dragging an issue with an unfamiliar woman.

I saw what was written clearly, whatever is filthy is a fitnah and ought to be condemned. Nothing rude about it. And don’t bother talking about Islamic law, u know nothing about it... I’m not going to admonish u about insulting women in my family either, u don’t know them whereas from this your obnoxious display of arrogance, I already see the character a person you are. All i can say is carry on with your ways...

“For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, with the command to serve Allah, and eschew evil: of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom straying became inevitably. So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied the Truth. If thou art anxious for their guidance, yet Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray, and there is none to help them.” (Q16:36-37)
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Sterope(f): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
Egotistical, ignorant, arrogant, complex, silly.... and blind too? undecided

I don't know the women you in your life. However, you have clearly defined who they are to us. They are who you ask to shut up if their views don't conform to yours, those who cannot be expected to be intelligent to understand Islam or discuss it.

You come online to insult Muslim women and you expect us to shine our teeth at you and say yes sir? You must be deluded sir!

olawonder:

I saw what was written clearly, whatever is filthy is a fitnah and ought to be condemned. Nothing rude about it. And don’t bother talking about Islamic law, u know nothing about it... I’m not going to admonish about insulting women in my family either , u don’t know them whereas from this your obnoxious display of arrogance, I already the type of a character you have. All i can say is carry on with your ways...

“For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, with the command to serve Allah, and eschew evil: of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom straying became inevitably. So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied the Truth. If thou art anxious for their guidance, yet Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray, and there is none to help them.” (Q16:36-37)

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Sterope(f): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
We cannot leave them be. They have decided to place themselves on a pedestal, they should not feel comfortable. There are some trends that outrightly haram and you can understand that whoever started it was only trying to ridicule him or herself. There are some trends like this challenge that if not for the lack of humility, it is clear that the intention is sincere. It

I heard about this challenge yesterday. The idea and the intention behind is sweet but I didn't like it, I didn't think it would conform to Islamic laws and tenets either. However, you don't call it filth. It is not that deep

mammanbawa:

Leave the ignoramus abeg
They keep making reference to the verse "arrijalu qawwamuna alannisaa"
Not knowing the injunctions and the complete meaning
They believe they're superior and know everything
Whatever does not go down with them, they label haram
They trample on their spouses and sisters and marry them off like goats
They're the most hypocritical and ignorant set of muslims
And they're many in this section
That's why at times I don't bother commenting
They just prove that a fool will drag you down to his level and beat you with his foolishness
Munafiquns
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by rotimage(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Quran competition according to what is apparent to me is Bid'a. It may look good but was never practiced by the prophet, as simple as that.

Just as prophet did used the internet and was even on NL? Hypocrisy mtcheeew
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by AbdulHakeem44(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
rotimage:

Just as prophet did used the internet and was even on NL? Hypocrisy mtcheeew

Internet is a worldly or scientific innovations, has nothing to do with Deen Deen, Quran competition is an innovation in d deen and no scientific research or innovations attached to it. Know d difference between worldly innovations in science and technology from innovations in d deen. Olodo.
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by AbdulHakeem44(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
DMainMan:

Hmmm. It seems you dont know the principle of Bid'a. Even knowledgeable sunnatic scholars are judges in Quranic competition.

Was their internet during the time of Rosul or phone. Was their loudspeaker or microphone. Were people going to Hajj with aeroplane.

Dont label anything as Bida'

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

All these you have mentioned are worldly innovations which Islamic didn't condemn, what Islam condemns is innovations in d deen because Islam is complete and perfect. Quran isn't meant for competing in recitation. It is meant to be studied, memorized and pondering over it's meaning. The companions of Rosulullah used to cry when verses were revealed believing ALLāh is referring to them, but unfortunately today the same Quran has now become something of competing In its reciting, those who are the contestants busied themselves trying to overdoing the other in recitation because of the prize or awards attached to it. Scholars sitting or overseeing the competition doesn't mean it is acceptable, they are not our evidences, a lot of scholars are upon misguidance, are there no people who regard Jamiu Adegunwa as a scholar?

Quran competition is innovation in Deen and not in science and technology, so it is condemned. The prophet never gathered the companions to computer with recitation among themselves, they understood the essence of revelations, but we berated it by turning it to thing of competition like sport.

It is a complete lack of understanding or knowledge to compare Wordly innovations (phone, technology, microphone) to Quran competition, they are so different. One is a worldly innovation while the other is Deen innovations which is condemned.

May ALLāh guide us from misguidance that has been polished to us by SHAITAN.
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by mammanbawa: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sterope:
We cannot leave them be. They have decided to place themselves on a pedestal, they should not feel comfortable. There are some trends that outrightly haram and you can understand that whoever started it was only trying to ridicule him or herself. There are some trends like this challenge that if not for the lack of humility, it is clear that the intention is sincere. It

I heard about this challenge yesterday. The idea and the intention behind is sweet but I didn't like it, I didn't think it would conform to Islamic laws and tenets either. However, you don't call it filth. It is not that deep

The major issue with Nigerian muslims is they try make a mountain out of a molehill
They make every issue a sect war
Sunni, Tariqah, shi'a.
Insecure fools
Instead of creating awareness and correcting the wrongdoers
They're castigating them
Eventually they'll label them as kafirs
So annoying

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Sterope(f): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
It is not a Nigerian Muslim thing. It is a Muslim thing.

We are enjoined to analyse our actions and wider consequences. There is nothing wrong with re-evaluating ourselves, it is easy to go wrong without knowing it. I am guilty of it. I am not the model Muslim out there but you have to admit that to keep Islam right, it requires a lot of analysis and evaluating.

There are times they take it too far and there are times when they are right on it. It doesn't help that some of them are arrogant and rude.

mammanbawa:

The major issue with Nigerian muslims is they try make a mountain out of a molehill
They make every issue a sect war
Sunni, Tariqah, shi'a.
Insecure fools
Instead of creating awareness and correcting the wrongdoers
They're castigating them
Eventually they'll label them as kafirs
So annoying

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by mammanbawa: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

All these you have mentioned are worldly innovations which Islamic didn't condemn, what Islam condemns is innovations in d deen because Islam is complete and perfect. Quran isn't meant for competing in recitation. It is meant to be studied, memorized and pondering over it's meaning. The companions of Rosulullah used to cry when verses were revealed believing ALLāh is referring to them, but unfortunately today the same Quran has now become something of competing In its reciting, those who are the contestants busied themselves trying to overdoing the other in recitation because of the prize or awards attached to it. Scholars sitting or overseeing the competition doesn't mean it is acceptable, they are not our evidences, a lot of scholars are upon misguidance, are there no people who regard Jamiu Adegunwa as a scholar?

Quran competition is innovation in Deen and not in science and technology, so it is condemned. The prophet never gathered the companions to computer with recitation among themselves, they understood the essence of revelations, but we berated it by turning it to thing of competition like sport.

It is a complete lack of understanding or knowledge to compare Wordly innovations (phone, technology, microphone) to Quran competition, they are so different. One is a worldly innovation while the other is Deen innovations which is condemned.

May ALLāh guide us from misguidance that has been polished to us by SHAITAN.

The prophet also did not practice jam'i for nawafils
But when he saw the sahabas doing it
He didn't condemn
The prophet didn't eat cat and horse meat
But he said we can eat if we wanna
There are harmful innovations agreed
And there are innovations that are not harmful at all
Just like the congregation of people to recite the salatul nabiyy
It's not harmful in any way
Just like walimah
It's not harmful
What he prohibited was lying in his name

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by AbdulHakeem44(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

The prophet also did not practice jam'i for nawafils
But when he saw the sahabas doing it
He didn't condemn
The prophet didn't eat cat and horse meat
But he said we can eat if we wanna
There are harmful innovations agreed
And there are innovations that are not harmful at all
Just like the congregation of people to recite the salatul nabiyy
It's not harmful in any way
Just like walimah
It's not harmful
What he prohibited was lying in his name

You are just mixing things up for yourself, the only jamaii nawafil the prophet performed and accept is taraweeh in the month of Ramadan.

Hold onto this two principles and u will always be guided

1. When it comes to food or consumables, the Islamic principle is all food is halal except one specifically made haram by QUR'AN or Hadith of Rosulullah. All animals are lawful except the ones made unlawful for us by ALLāh and his messenger (pig, dog, animals with claws or sharp teeth animal)

2. All act of worship is not permissible except there s evidence for it. Eg solat has evidence, fasting, Zakaat, hajj, solatun Nabiy (solatu ibrahimiyya not solatul fatih), reciting the Quran, sadaqa , all dese have evidences in Quran and sunnah. Once there is no evidence and it is an act of ibadaat, then it is bid'a e.g mawlid Nabiy, Quran competition, congregational tahjud etc

If you understand these two principles, you will not be misguided.

There is nothing like harmless innovations, all innovations are astray, Kullu bidatin dolaal (hadeeth)
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by jhubril(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2019
Nonsense!

Unfortunately ,you are my friend on fb
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by mammanbawa: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

You are just mixing things up for yourself, the only jamaii nawafil the prophet performed and accept is taraweeh in the month of Ramadan.

Hold onto this two principles and u will always be guided

1. When it comes to food or consumables, the Islamic principle is all food is halal except one specifically made haram by QUR'AN or Hadith of Rosulullah. All animals are lawful except the ones made unlawful for us by ALLāh and his messenger (pig, dog, animals with claws or sharp teeth animal)

2. All act of worship is not permissible except there s evidence for it. Eg solat has evidence, fasting, Zakaat, hajj, solatun Nabiy (solatu ibrahimiyya not solatul fatih), reciting the Quran, sadaqa , all dese have evidences in Quran and sunnah. Once there is no evidence and it is an act of ibadaat, then it is bid'a e.g mawlid Nabiy, Quran competition, congregational tahjud etc

If you understand these two principles, you will not be misguided.

There is nothing like harmless innovations, all innovations are astray, Kullu bidatin dolaal (hadeeth)

I will not hold on to your principles
And I will not go astray
Live and let live
Salam

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
mammanbawa:

I will not hold on to your principles
And I will not go astray
Live and let live
Salam

Lol, of course it is live and let live. I didn't choke my evident opinion down ur throat, I'm just explaining. It is up to u to accept it or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Verily, With Hardship, There Is Relief / Why Is Islam Afraid Of Atheism (and Apostasy)? / Saying That Specific People Are Going To Paradise Or Hell in Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.