Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth (8411 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2019
WHY I EARLIER SAID GASHIYYAH CHALLENGE IS A FILTH

Rebus sic stantibus-----May Allah preserve Ustādh Ibrahim, our Ū'lummul Qur'an teacher, back then at An-Najah Islamic Institute, Muslim Ibadan. He enlightened us as young-brained educatees then, about tenets guiding the recitations of the holy Qur'an. As he fondly tells us; the Qur'an should never be subjected to mockery or a thing of play, comes what may - and must be recited with due proficiency------backing his assertion with many Qur'anic verses, one of which is (...وَرَتِّلِ ٱلْقُرْءَانَ تَرْتِيلًا
...and recite the Qur'an with measured recitation) Al-Muzzammil 73:4

But pathetic enough, what we're made to see today, is an unlike pole which repels against the rulings of recitations of the glorious book. Or will you tell me to worry less, when every Tom, Dick and Harry now turn overnight scholars, putting their mobile gadgets on video record; some with beetle-browed faces and unpleasing voices, reciting and miscrossing all T(s) and titling all (I)s in a very bad, degrading and derogatory manner in contrary to the sanctity of the glorious book. And in guise of finding an excuse, they claim they meant good and were just catching fun with it. (وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُمْ لَيَقُولُنَّ إِنَّمَا كُنَّا نَخُوضُ وَنَلْعَبُۚ قُلْ أَبِٱللَّهِ وَءَايَٰتِهِۦ وَرَسُولِهِۦ كُنتُمْ تَسْتَهْزِءُونَ
And if you ask them, they will surely say, "We were only conversing and playing." Say, "Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?"wink At-Taubah 9:65

From the filth, females are not excluded either. So saddening! I've seen many of them record themselves and one another in Hijab, perturbing our ears with their charming voices, FITNAH! Even when the Islam has forbade women from such, to the extent that, even, should the Imām make a mistake while on the Solāt, they should only clap as it is unexpected of them to utter words which might lead to fitnah as a result of their charming voices. In lieu with this, Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimahū Llahu Ta'alā) opined: "My opinion is that it is haraam, for
women’s voices to be heard by men who
sit and listen to them and enjoy hearing
their voices." (al-Liqa’ al-Shahri. 55/question no. 14)

It's okay if your mind still remains rigid, but as you peruse this piece, be sincere to your own conscience, out of all the 'kuli cats' and 'rufi rats' you've been watching from the challenge, how many of these people truly read these verses in lieu with the rules governing the recitations of the holy book. How many? Now, let me feed your ears with a more ridiculous part. Yesternight, a friend of mine participated in the challenge and uploaded his own made version of the video on his WhatsApp status, if I tell you the depth at which he went, maybe you'll dance to my tune a little about reasons this challenge to me, is unworthy. The young man read the holy Quran with only trousers on his body, he read the Qur'an with his chest/abdomen left opened, Waloi thumā biLlah. I wouldn't mention his name but I hope he'll read this article as usual. Could you imagine how heart-breaking that was? Will you ever see such in a modest Qur'anic competition? Is that one of the messages Gashiyyah challenge and its initiators stretches to us? Reading the Qur'an with your awrāh left opened. Quite unfortunate.

To 'KISS' this, the aforementioned and many others are why I against and will never align with the Gashiyyah challenge------and bear in mind, it is okay if you tell me the intention behind it is good. Well, the same way the intention behind Halua, Protest, Maulud are also good, but the wrenght, lapses and flubs that comes with it and its end result will continue to render it nullified, now and ever------hence, it's just a talk of half dozen and six, no difference!

Conclusively, I said, say, still saying and will forever say Gashiyyah challenge is unworthy-------lest the aforementioned faults are no more its attributes. Wa Llahu A'lam.

Pls, feel free to bring contrary opinions in the comments section, let's rub minds more, base on concrete evidences albeit, and not just ordinary talks. And Allah knows better.

Hashim Yussuf LegalBard

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2870155233217951&id=100006705072056

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by AbdulHakeem44(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2019
Surah Al Ghashiyah challenge is nothing but joking with the Quran. It could amount to showoff. Quran was revealed to be pondered over and not joke or compete with. If you must compete with someone with regards to the Quran, then strive to memorize, learn the meanings of the Quran and not bringing it up on social media. That is the best way to compete with regards to the Quran.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by money121(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Shamgonjo: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:
Surah Al Ghashiyah challenge is nothing but joking with the Quran. It could amount to showoff. Quran was revealed to be pondered over and not joke or compete with. If you must compete with someone with regards to the Quran, then strive to memorize, learn the meanings of the Quran and not bringing it up on social media. That is the best way to compete with regards to the Quran.

Masha Allah brother, indeed the Gashiyyah is a mockery of Quran
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2019
Recitation of Quran is at people's will. Some throws challenge to each other and you're condeming it. So it gbe body eh dance that should always trend right? We just need to propagate Islam in yours capacity.
PROPAGATE ISLAM IN YOUR OWN CAPACITY AND NOT TO CONDEMNED PEOPLES EFFORT PLEASE
Wazakhirinallah khesiran Wazakhirina ahadallaah lahum mogfiratan wahajirun hazeemoh.... And the men and women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongue. Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and great reward (paradise). (Quran 33;35)

18 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Sterope(f): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2019
@OP, it is very rude of you to label it a filth. Very sanctimonious of you! undecided

I heard of the challenge. I knew it was wrong and basically against the tenets of Islam. You don't have to call it a filth to express your dissatisfaction over it. The participants did it in good faith. It is your role to express concerns over it without being rude and dismissive.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Mummymahdi(f): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2019
generally the behaviours surrtounding the whole competition is not accepted, there should have been rules laid and followed just as the normal Qur'anic recitation competitions used to be in reality. though i have never believed women voice are not suppose to be heard even in Qur'anic recitation , Allah has never differentiate Man and woman in Ibadah,during shahada or in solat where it is commanded to read out is for every 1 , and also sirr is for every1, in fasting , zakat, and hajj Allah hasn't said women shouldn't perform this. Is only in muamalat that a woman should seize to talk anyhow not to attract the male folk hence direct the word fitnah to woman voice, dressing or manners.

6 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by koladebrainiac(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2019
it is not

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2019
Proffwhyhurry12:
Recitation of Quran is at people's will. Some throws challenge to each other and you're condeming it. So it gbe body eh dance that should always trend right? We just need to propagate Islam in yours capacity.
PROPAGATE ISLAM IN YOUR OWN CAPACITY AND NOT TO CONDEMNED PEOPLES EFFORT PLEASE.
leave these people, they condemn everything, I don't comment on their thread but I'm doing this because of you. I just want to tell you not to bother yourself about them. We call them Munkir.

6 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by aliyuthayo(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2019
Proffwhyhurry12:
PROPAGATE ISLAM IN YOUR OWN CAPACITY AND NOT TO CONDEMNED PEOPLES EFFORT PLEASE.

Islami is a religion that follows the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet, so therefore whatever we are doing should have a base in the Sunnah and the Quran.

No-one can add or subtract or innovate any idea on his/her own.
Propagation of Islam should be halal and must be supported by both the Quran and the Sunnah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by DMainMan: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2019
We should be careful before we judge. Actions are judged according to intention.

What if the organisers did it to motivate people to read the Quran as it never too late to learn Quran.

The winners are being being rewarded. This could help them in their daily affairs and their family members.
Is Quranic competition haram? Remember this is another form of Quranic competition. The only difference is this is online. Is Quranic competition haram?

You have a point has some people are joking with it yet some people are serious with it motivating their children and peers to learn the Quran. Many non-muslims were interested in knowing the Quran and Islam.

Any good thing you do in life, some people see it as joke. Some people joke with Salah and Fasting. Should we now stop Fasting and Salah because people are joking with it.

We should always see point of view of others in two ways. Don't let people view us as extremist. There are many important issues we should be discussing instead of this.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by DMainMan: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2019
aliyuthayo:

Islami is a religion that follows the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet, so therefore whatever we are doing should have a base in the Sunnah and the Quran.

Propagation of Islam should be halal and must be supported by both the Quran and the Sunnah.
Is Quranic competition haram or halal?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by UmmuFareed: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2019
You are kidding right? What happen to us being judged by our Niyyah (intention)? What if the initiators intention was to propagate Islam??

Not that I am in anyway in support of bid'ah but you don't have such right to label it 'Filth'.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2019
LuckyLadolce:
leave these people, they condemn everything, I don't comment on their thread but I'm doing this because of you. I just want to tell you not to bother yourself about them. We call them Munkir.
I just couldn't keep quiet too seeing the thread. Cuz to me the challenge is good. Allahu allam.

6 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by DMainMan: 11:17am On Aug 23, 2019
UmmuFareed:
You are kidding right? What happen to us being judged by our Niyyah (intention)? What if the initiators intention was to propagate Islam??

Not that I am in anyway in support of bid'ah but you don't have such right to label it 'Filth'.

Yes. That is my point. We tend to focus on irrelevant things.

Things like fornication and gambling which is prevalent, we tend not to preach about it. THEY ARE AMONG THE GREATEST SINS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by DMainMan: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2019
Hashimyussufamao:

Rebus sic stantibus-----May Allah preserve Ustādh Ibrahim, our Ū'lummul Qur'an teacher, back then at An-Najah Islamic Institute, Muslim Ibadan. He enlightened us as young-brained educatees then, about tenets guiding the recitations of the holy Qur'an. As he fondly tells us; the Qur'an should never be subjected to mockery or a thing of play, comes what may - and must be recited with due proficiency------backing his assertion with many Qur'anic verses, one of which is (...وَرَتِّلِ ٱلْقُرْءَانَ تَرْتِيلًا

But pathetic enough, what we're made to see today, is an unlike pole which repels against the rulings of recitations of the glorious book. Or will you tell me to worry less, when every Tom, Dick and Harry now turn overnight scholars, putting their mobile gadgets on video record; some with beetle-browed faces and unpleasing voices, reciting and miscrossing all T(s) and titling all (I)s in a very bad, degrading and derogatory manner in contrary to the sanctity of the glorious book. And in guise of finding an excuse, they claim they meant good and were just catching fun with it. (وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُمْ لَيَقُولُنَّ إِنَّمَا كُنَّا نَخُوضُ وَنَلْعَبُۚ قُلْ أَبِٱللَّهِ وَءَايَٰتِهِۦ وَرَسُولِهِۦ كُنتُمْ تَسْتَهْزِءُونَ
And if you ask them, they will surely say, "We were only conversing and playing." Say, "Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?"wink At-Taubah 9:65

From the filth, females are not excluded either. So saddening! I've seen many of them record themselves and one another in Hijab, perturbing our ears with their charming voices, FITNAH! Even when the Islam has forbade women from such, to the extent that, even, should the Imām make a mistake while on the Solāt, they should only clap as it is unexpected of them to utter words which might lead to fitnah as a result of their charming voices. In lieu with this, Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimahū Llahu Ta'alā) opined: "My opinion is that it is haraam, for

It's okay if your mind still remains rigid, but as you peruse this piece, be sincere to your own conscience, out of all the 'kuli cats' and 'rufi rats' you've been watching from the challenge, how many of these people truly read these verses in lieu with the rules governing the recitations of the holy book. How many? Now, let me feed your ears with a more ridiculous part. Yesternight, a friend of mine participated in the challenge and uploaded his own made version of the video on his WhatsApp status, if I tell you the depth at which he went, maybe you'll dance to my tune a little about reasons this challenge to me, is unworthy. The young man read the holy Quran with only trousers on his body, he read the Qur'an with his chest/abdomen left opened, Waloi thumā biLlah. I wouldn't mention his name but I hope he'll read this article as usual. Could you imagine how heart-breaking that was? Will you ever see such in a modest Qur'anic competition? Is that one of the messages Gashiyyah challenge and its initiators stretches to us? Reading the Qur'an with your awrāh left opened. Quite unfortunate.

To 'KISS' this, the aforementioned and many others are why I against and will never align with the Gashiyyah challenge------and bear in mind, it is okay if you tell me the intention behind it is good. Well, the same way the intention behind Halua, Protest, Maulud are also good, but the wrenght, lapses and flubs that comes with it and its end result will continue to render it nullified, now and ever------hence, it's just a talk of half dozen and six, no difference!

Conclusively, I said, say, still saying and will forever say Gashiyyah challenge is unworthy-------lest the aforementioned faults are no more its attributes. Wa Llahu A'lam.

Pls, feel free to bring contrary opinions in the comments section, let's rub minds more, base on concrete evidences albeit, and not just ordinary talks. And Allah knows better.

Hashim Yussuf LegalBard

You have to be careful before you label something filth.

Is this not another form of Quranic competition done in all Islamic countries?

Are winners not rewarded which will eventually motivate children to study the Quran. Or is it music you want the children to be attracted to?

Or is it because this is online.

Is Quranic competition haram or halal? Islam is a peaceful religion and does not support extremism.

Actions are judged according to intention. You have no right to label is filth. And this is Holy Quran. Be careful o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2019
aliyuthayo:

what is not sunnatic or Quranic in the challenge. So far we can't be of the same and Tajweed they used. How many clips of Islam have you upload on the net to propagate Islam in yours quota. There is nothing like innovation in the challenge. That's is their own Tilawatul Quran

4 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by DMainMan: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2019
Moderator. Please remove this page from front page so people won't be looking at us as extremist.

Islam is very easy and peaceful. Don't let people have the impression that it is hard and not cheerful

We should focus on how to propagate Islam and helping each other on relevant things.

9 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by 6lam(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
You might have good intentions with this but you're definitely wrong. We are all not gifted with a nice voice or a good look. you could have made your point without saying "some with beetle-browed faces and unpleasing voices".. As far as I'm concerned you're no better than them if you can refer to your fellow muslim brother as "some with beetle-browed faces and unpleasing voices". Mtcheewww

6 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by 6lam(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hashimyussufamao:

Hashim Yussuf LegalBard

you might have good intentions with this but you're definitely wrong. We are all not gifted with a nice voice or a good look. you could have made your point without saying "some with beetle-browed faces and unpleasing voices".. As far as I'm concerned you're no better than them if you can refer to your fellow muslim brother as "some with beetle-browed faces and unpleasing voices". Mtcheewww

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by AbdulHakeem44(m): 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
DMainMan:
We should be careful before we judge. Actions are judged according to intention.

What if the organisers did it to motivate people to read the Quran as it never too late to learn Quran.

The winners are being being rewarded. This could help them in their daily affairs and their family members.
Is Quranic competition haram? Remember this is another form of Quranic competition. The only difference is this is online. Is Quranic competition haram?

You have a point has some people are joking with it yet some people are serious with it motivating their children and peers to learn the Quran. Many non-muslims were interested in knowing the Quran and Islam.

Any good thing you do in life, some people see it as joke. Some people joke with Salah and Fasting. Should we now stop Fasting and Salah because people are joking with it.

We should always see point of view of others in two ways. Don't let people view us as extremist. There are many important issues we should be discussing instead of this.

Quran competition according to what is apparent to me is Bid'a. It may look good but was never practiced by the prophet, as simple as that.
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by mrjubril(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
Wa Allahu Alam.
My reservation on hw the challenge was went about is the over stressing of the verses without observing stops where and when necessary.
Also with regards to the female folks partipating in the challenge. I think it is just normal Because even in Islamic countries women partake in Quranic recitation competitions and videos are uploaded on social media site such as YouTube for all to watch.
May Allah swt continue to guide us aright.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by DMainMan: 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Quran competition according to what is apparent to me is Bid'a. It may look good but was never practiced by the prophet, as simple as that.

Hmmm. It seems you dont know the principle of Bid'a. Even knowledgeable sunnatic scholars are judges in Quranic competition.

Was their internet during the time of Rosul or phone. Was their loudspeaker or microphone. Were people going to Hajj with aeroplane.

Dont label anything as Bida'

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

4 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by UmmuFareed: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
DMainMan:
Moderator. Please remove this page from front page so people won't be looking at us as extremist.

Islam is very easy and peaceful. Don't let people have the impression that it is hard and not cheerful

We should focus on how to propagate Islam and helping each other on relevant things.

Exactly my point. Don't be too hard on a brother. Islam is a beautiful/Peaceful religion, Let it reflect in our actions. A true believer should not outrightly condemn another brother's strivings. If you feel a brother or a group is doing something wrong try to correct them in a loving way not calling what they are doing 'filth'. Islam is a perfect religion but Muslims are not!

May Almighty Allah forgive us wherever we might have erred.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by saheedbadmus(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
@op why would you term it as filth... innamal amanu binniyat.. (Action shall be judged according to intention)..so you prefer muslim children to be singing tope Alabis song right..if we cant throw quranic challenge online and reward our selves ,how do u expect us to mortivate ourselves,do u expect us to waste money on big brother nigeria.. do you know how many people this challenge as motivated to go back to modrasa because they cant read /recite the quran..pls before passing judgment think of others...that is why Allah swt said he alone can judge... May Allah guide us all to the right path..

4 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by simplibaba(m): 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
All this extremists self are the reasons why other religion do tag Islam with different bad names.

Everything not done by the prophet is bid'ah forgetting that a lot of technological innovations has evolved between that time and this present days of ours.... Na una know....

2 Likes

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by sorextee(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Everything na haram for una side. Una wahala too much abeg. Later we go hear say eating EBA with spoon is haram becos prophet no use spoon chop. Even using instrumentals in music is haram to una. While others dey think forward, una dey reason backward.
A very boring religion.
Where there is no freedom of expression at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by sorextee(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2019
Everything is haram to them. Anything the prophet did not do during his time and u started doing it will be tagged haram.
I'm even surprised they didn't say football is haram becos prophet did not play ball during his reign. Its high time they change their level of thinking.
Even Saudi Arabia don dey adopt modernity. At least they and other Arab countries do own version of American idol.
But one afonja Muslim wey carry the religion for head like plantain chips go dey call am haram.
Good riddance...

LuckyLadolce:

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by olawonder(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
Such a shame! Most heartbreaking is when matters of religion are being discussed, where the lack of bashfulness of women has become a fitnah in our societies, and then same women come online to confront and even insult u! Where do all these Museebah of women come from sef?! Why don’t u shut up and ask your Mahraams at home if u wish to learn anything about religion!

@Sterope
Whatever is wrong and sinful has no other name, its fitnah, period!
Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Sterope(f): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
The title says filth not fitnah. Dedicate more time to reading clearly and understanding issues before jumping to comment.

If you deemed the the women in your family quite silly to discuss issues, you shouldn't deem other women such. Under Islamic law, we have the same punishments and reward for actions and omissions so you have no right, no privilege and no special ability to deem yourself superior in Islamic knowledge and analysis. You are very stupi.d. Online or not, I will talk about religious issues that affects me and people around me whether you and your lots like it or not. Limit your silly opinions to women who have decided to entertain your complex. I can't be bothered to massage your ego.

Go home and talk to your wife anyhow. If you quote me again, you will explain to me in your limited intelligence and knowledge why you should be dragging an issue with an unfamiliar woman.

olawonder:
Such a shame! Most heartbreaking is when matters of religion are being discussed, where the lack of bashfulness of women has become a fitnah in our societies, and then same women come online to confront and even insult u! Where do all these Museebah of women come from sef?! Why don’t u shut up and ask your Mahraams at home if u wish to learn anything about religion!

@Sterope
Whatever is wrong and sinful has no other name, its fitnah, period!

1 Like

Re: Why Gashiyyah Challenge Is A Filth by Fkhalifa(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
My take on the matter is that the initiator might have good intention of engaging the Muslims to do beautiful recitations...
But, our people turned it to what one can support its condemnation..

Most of the recitations are not correct, no pause/stop, some turned it to a joke, some used it as opportunity to show off especially the ladies.

It could have made sense if channeled the proper way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Gala Contain Swine Meat? / Treating Witchcraft By Witchcraft / For Mukina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.