Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment (16833 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / I Pay Police’s Salaries In Lagos, Not Buhari: Sanwo-olu / Ruga: List Of 11 States FG Approved For Herdsmen Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
They increased their roadblocks fees from N20 to N50 and N50 to N100. What kind of increment are they still looking for?

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by anonimi: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2019
uba1991:
Am a strong supporter of buhari govt, but am disappointed d way buhari treat d military and police welfare.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3488962_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Franklyspeakin: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
No be the same thing them do with national minimum wage?? Buhari na scam

2 Likes

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by anonimi: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
Franklyspeakin:
No be the same thing them do with national minimum wage?? Buhari na scam

a) Before change?
b) During change?
c) After change/before next level?
d) During next level?

3 Likes

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Goldwine1(f): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
All of you are complaining "under cover". Cowards, come out and fight for your right. 'Hunger neva kill una finish'. When you people are serious let us know...

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
desmond2pk:
Has there been anything buhari and apc didn't not lie about?
My certificate is with the army- lie
Medical toursm abroad - lie
Nigeria air - lie
Minimum wages - LIE
500k jobs - lie
boko haram defeated - LIE
NO first lady office - lie
fuel subsidy - lie
N40 fuel reduction Lie
$1 to N1 lie
Diziena $ 9billion loot - lie

What type of people are these?

You are very funny.

APC will soon sell Diezani Jewellery worth $40m and all Nigerians will become rich.
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Edyice: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Fools thinks we will increase their salaries ..... ( LIFELESS be like)

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Modernist: 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
The lower members of the Nigerian police force have a lacadiastical attitude towards their welfare,
they don't complain of inadequate protective gear
outdated weaponry they don't complain, Inadequate payment they don't complain, No severance package,outfits they buy with their money.
Somepeople might see this as patriotism but I see it as folly you don't risk your life for a country/government that's not seeing to your welfare as an officer of the law.

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by FoxyBlueSKy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
HAIR FALL PROBLEM AND ITS REMEDY

Hair fall problem is actually common among youths and adults of the world today. It is very rare for you to comb your hair and not find some strands of hair stuck to your comb – this because the comb actually forced those hair out of your scalp which not a problem. Most times this could be as a result of the growth of new hairs but it becomes a problem when your hair begins to fall without combing it or pulling it out forcefully by any method. Hair fall is also known as hair loss is more dominant among men where excessive hair loss may lead to baldness, this problem could possibly be caused by some factors that would be discussed as you read on. Worry less as I understand how you feel about losing your hair – it frustrating but your quest shall be granted freely in this article today.
So in the course of providing some remedies to hair fall problem, the following sub-heads shall be discussed.
https://healthwises.com/hair-loss-causes-symptoms-home-remedies/

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by DateMynd44(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
nsdirect:
Maybe they'll stop harrasing innocent people for a while. I know it'll never stop but at least for a month or two.

Say no to premarital sex. Use our tested and trusted silicon Fleshlight. See my signature
this your business is really irritating.
you should be banned on nairaland.
go get yourself another hustle and stop encouraging immorality.
pls don't quote me
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by JobsandSchools: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thats bad
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by selfdefence: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Why are things like this? I think this even applies to the new approved nysc allawee of 30k, they haven't been paid. undecided
Dorischuks:
Ten months after President Muhammadu Buhari approved an increase in police salaries and allowances, men of the Nigeria Police Force have yet to receive the pay rise.

The directive had not been implemented going by complaints from the rank and file of the force who lamented that they were still being paid old salaries.

The President had in November 2018, approved an enhanced salary structure for the NPF.

By the approval of the Rank Salary Structure Adjustment, salaries, allowances and pension of policemen were expected to be increased, though the percentage of the increment was not disclosed.

But junior and senior police officers, who spoke to our correspondent in Abuja on Thursday, flayed the government, describing the directive as “an empty promise.”

Speaking on condition of anonymity, an Assistant Superintendent of Police stated that his expectations had been dashed following the failure of the government to implement the new salary structure.

The ASP, who is serving in the Federal Capital Territory, noted that the delayed implementation of the presidential directive showed that the FG was not serious about the welfare of the police.

He said, “When we heard about the pay rise for policemen, we were excited, but what did we get for our expectations? We have nothing but disappointment.

“If the pay rise was meant for the political class, it would have been implemented within weeks. The non-implementation of the new salary structure has demoralised many of us.”

A Commissioner of Police, who pleaded not to be named, also knocked the government for not prioritising the welfare of the police.

A mobile policeman in Lagos also lamented that the wait for the new salary was getting long.

The Force spokesman, DCP Frank Mba, declined to comment.

However, a security analyst, Ben Okezie, said it was unfortunate that the government could pay the furniture and car allowances for new members of the National Assembly while ignoring police welfare.

He added, “The President should do everything possible to implement the pay rise. They (FG) don’t have any excuse not to pay the new salary structure.”

The Executive Director, United Global Resolve for Peace, Shalom Olaseni, argued that the failure of the Buhari administration to enforce the directive on pay rise would demoralise the men of the Force.

“Low remuneration has long been identified as part of the reasons Nigerian police officers compromise on their sworn duties to uphold the law; the increase in their salaries allowances would go a long way to discourage such misconduct,” he said.

An activist and Convener, Free Nigeria Movement, Raphael Adebayo, said the non-implementation of the pay rise showed that the much-touted commitment of the President to national security was suspect.

Olaseni stated, “It is an indictment on the often-mouthed commitment of the Federal Government to ending the insecurity crises in the country. You cannot be promising to end insecurity on the one hand and continue to deprive those who would bring about the fulfilment of that promise on the other.”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/police-salaries-unchanged-10-months-fg-approved-increment/
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by MEGA4BILLION(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
I knew the increase was only announced as a strategy so the men of the Nigeria Police Force can do their biding during the last election.

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by cenaman(m): 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
Why will their salary change have they change their attitude?
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by owila4luv(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
bubu the scammer! use and dump is his second name. lmao

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Sirseedorf(m): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
So what if their salary has not been increased, even my salary is still stagnant.
At least their are better off with their #50 egunje tax extortion from the motorist/commercial motorist .

As if some workers salary has been increase sef.
Nonsence and next level kee their mouth .
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Charly68: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
They should face their boss to ask questions ..what has happened to the approval ? Why have they not implement it.
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by nsdirect: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
DateMynd44:
this your business is really irritating.
you should be banned on nairaland.
go get yourself another hustle and stop encouraging immorality.
pls don't quote me

Thunder fire you. How can you quote me to say rubbish then say dont quote me. Thunder fire you today today. Immorality kill you idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by samhardy: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Naso dem for NYSC salary via increment in minimum wage, 30k. We Neva see anything. Naija don spoil!
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by sukar886: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
it wont change anything, they will still be collecting money on the road, that one the their blood...
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by citruslimited(m): 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
Some times I wonder; is it by force to be a police man.

If you need earn money there are better things to do other than holding a stick and embarrassing yourself by the road side !!!!

Sometimes I even pity them, its in Nigeria that you will see a police man on duty without a bullet prove and heliment.

Just one gun fire will send him packing from this world.

And would ask myself why are these people play and gambling with their life.

Nigeria is a not country worth dying for !!!!
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by GoldenSon007: 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
desmond2pk:
Has there been anything buhari and apc didn't not lie about?
My certificate is with the army- lie
Medical toursm abroad - lie
Nigeria air - lie
Minimum wages - LIE
500k jobs - lie
boko haram defeated - LIE
NO first lady office - lie
fuel subsidy - lie
N40 fuel reduction Lie
$1 to N1 lie
Diziena $ 9billion loot - lie

What type of people are these?

This one weak me oooo cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Kunlexity(m): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
Holumhidey:
If you like increase the salary to one million.....
They will still collect their 50 naira on the road side......
Infact, the money they normally collect will be increased.....
That #50 daily contribution already filled the blank.
Perhaps, the more reason they care less about the increment or not.
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by yehmick: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Election is over na..that one na election gimmick..police should wait for minimium wage..we are together in this struggle for new minimium wage

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by holluphemydavid(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
Civil servant on still on ground unattended to,Buhari govt is a scam

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Moscodee1990(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Noo woonder.
Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by bizhop01: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Buhari is a criminal he only used them to rigged election.

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by CioAngels(f): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hmmm, hope the money is not in somebody's fix account, Qatar property market or better still, in panama papers? Hmm, that will be fantastically suicidal because the president will not say anything about it and the fraudsters will go Scot free... How sad, even the ones that were killed on duty by the soldiers also worked on painful credit.

1 Like

Re: Police salaries unchanged 10 months after FG-approved increment by Ajike2(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
The more you look, the less you see government grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Babajide Owodunni: Appeal Court Sacks Ogun PDP Lawmaker / JTF Kill Top Boko-Haram Commander / Failed IMMIGRATION Recruitment, Another Report Gone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.