Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks (37056 Views)

Atiku With 489,045 Votes Defeats Tinubu In Katsina / #Nigeriaelections2023: Obi Defeats Tinubu, Atiku In David Mark’s Polling Unit / Trackfield Poll: Atiku Defeats Tinubu, Peter Obi, Kwankwaso (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by guiddoti: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tinubu has fixed politicians and portfolio.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by PureFace1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
No. You didn't fight the British. You only attempted to revolt due to stringent taxes.

Tinubu has every right to contest. He's a citizen afterall. I only answered the man who asked why yorubas don't want to see Nigeria divided.

You know nothing but you actually think you know everything

Do you even know about the British - Ijebu War?

So you mean it was Yoruba that called the British to come and rule Africa too?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by julybaba(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Leadership role can only be obtained not attained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by DevilhimseIf: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
Brugo:

grin grin grin chai!
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
adebanji akintoye [ a name i am just hearing for the first time ] - leader of afenifere [ claiming leader of Yoruba ]

an unknown from a group of irrelevant old men who have no say in politics of the SW beyond noisemaking

let him enjoy his meaningless ceremonial title. Tinubu enjoys the actual power

end of story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Marineghost: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Auladimeji2:
The way FBI is controlling your descendant abi

Chai.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by hohafrank(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

And you believed that nonsense?

Check your brain o
Be deceiving yourself.Do you think Tinubu can win in any free and fair election?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
hisexcellency34:
You mean Asiwaku BolaTinubu got 3 votes? He cant win ordinary local elections and he wants to become President

Wait till the elections come... Na when you go see signs and wonders... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by ABUPHARM(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Auladimeji2:
The way FBI is controlling your descendant abi
This one weak my erection grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by bizhop01: 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tinubu is from Ghana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Iamgrey5(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
Ad hominem.

Instead on pointing out the false statements I made, you decided to attack another tribe.

Go and read the history of yoruba nation by bishop Samuel Johnson. Your own brother's version of history.
You posted rubbish initially.

Please point to any historical evidence that supported your assertion that Yorubas begged white to come and rule them.

If you want to know history, you should read and do your research without a preconceived notion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by sayisayi(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
ABUPHARM:

This one weak my erection grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Omoluabi16(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
As an omoluabi, and core Yoruba person I've never heard of this Akintoye man. Nobody even heard of any even only for this one to be claiming Yoruba leader. The last true leader was still Awolowo. Tinubu can never be Yoruba leader in this lifetime.
That title is not bestowed.. or bought. It is earned. All these fraudulent Awoists deviated a long time ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by jneutron4000: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
This is okay. As a Yoruba man I suppose this because Tinubu has even got lots of jobs at hand in ensuring prominent sons and daughters from Yoruba land gets to the corridor of federal power. Also for the fact that Tinubu went into political alliances with the devil in the North, it will not be wise to enstrust the Yoruba nation on him. God bless Yoruba wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
PureFace1:

You know nothing but you actually think you know everything

Do you even know about the British - Ijebu War?

So you mean it was Yoruba that called the British to come and rule Africa too?
They were already dwelling in yorubaland before the imagbon war.

There is no record of yoruba resistance against the British. The yorubas invited the British from the coast of Lagos deep into yorubaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Dagrace01(m): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=Ctorch post=81526251]Am not interested on who actually won or lose. In an election someone must lose and another must win.

Though Tinubu may have lost because it wasn't conducted by Inec. Yorubas believe so much in unity and it has been our value from inception, and is why its vividly clear in number of of dialects that resides in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure and other parts of the western region. World most powerful economy USA have thousands of people from different races to form a formidable country like America. You'll here British American, Indian American, Irish American, African American, Swedish American, Black American, Scottish American, Jewish American, Chinese American, this list is endless. Yorubas have strong believe in unity in diversity, they detest war and violence and that is why other tribes tag them 'weakling' or 'coward' so to say. We've found ourselves in this situation already, it's nobody's fault that the British amalgamated us, we've gotta develop together to be a strong nation. This is exactly what they predicted and wanted, they don't want our unity, so as to still be the ones calling shot for us.. China has different ethnic groups, but as one China they're now giving America a run for their money when it comes to the biggest economy in the world. That's my own view about ur question anyways, even if u don't buy it. #Peace

I need an answer, maybe it will change my perception..of all issues.

Yorubas believe so much in unity and it has been our value from inception, and is why its vividly clear in number of of dialects that resides in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure and other parts of the western region. World most powerful economy USA have thousands of people from different races to form a formidable county like America. You'll hear British American, Indian American, Irish American, African American, Swedish American, Black American, Scottish American, Jewish American, Chinese American, this list is endless. Yorubas have strong believe in unity in diversity, they detest war and violence and that is why other tribes tag them 'weakling' or 'coward' so to say. We've found ourselves in this situation already, it's nobody's fault that the British amalgamated us, we've gotta develop together to be a strong nation. This is exactly what they predicted and wanted, they don't want our unity, so as to still be the ones calling shot for us.. China has different ethnic groups, but as one China they're now giving America a run for their money when it comes to the biggest economy in the world. That's my own view about ur question anyways, even if u don't buy it. #Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You posted rubbish initially.

Please point to any historical evidence that supported your assertion that Yorubas begged white to come and rule them.

If you want to know history, you should read and do your research without a preconceived notion.
you claim I posted rubbish then asked me to provide evidence for my claims.

How then did you arrive to the conclusion that I posted rubbish if you need me to provide evidence that it is not rubbish?

You're confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by PureFace1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
Ad hominem.

Instead on pointing out the false statements I made, you decided to attack another tribe.

Go and read the history of yoruba nation by bishop Samuel Johnson. Your own brother's version of history.

You mean People in far away South Africa also begged the British to come and rule them?

You are just a joker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Ctorch: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
PureFace1:

Yoruba just have hope for a better Nigeria

We know that disintegration will not really solve most of the problems

That's nice.

So, what's the solution to a more strog Nigeria with one voice?

The way forward?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Omoluabi16(m): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
Ad hominem.

You will do well to focus on your own Igbo history. You unstable people would not put your nose where it should be.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
PureFace1:

You mean People in far away South Africa also begged the British to come and rule them?

You are just a joker

Okay. But it will do you well to completely know and proudly accept your history.

Cherrypicking will not help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Ctorch: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Dagrace01:
Yorubas believe so much in unity and it has been our value from inception, and is why its vividly clear in number of of dialects that resides in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure and other parts of the western region. World most powerful economy USA have thousands of people from different races to form a formidable county like America. You'll hear British American, Indian American, Irish American, African American, Swedish American, Black American, Scottish American, Jewish American, Chinese American, this list is endless. Yorubas have strong believe in unity in diversity, they detest war and violence and that is why other tribes tag them 'weakling' or 'coward' so to say. We've found ourselves in this situation already, it's nobody's fault that the British amalgamated us, we've gotta develop together to be a strong nation. This is exactly what they predicted and wanted, they don't want our unity, so as to still be the ones calling shot for us.. China has different ethnic groups, but as one China they're now giving America a run for their money when it comes to the biggest economy in the world. That's my own view about ur question anyways, even if u don't buy it. #Peace

Very okay and Nice to hear, but if only that unity will be promoted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by PureFace1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
They were already dwelling in yorubaland before the imagbon war.

There is no record of yoruba resistance against the British. The yorubas invited the British from the coast of Lagos deep into yorubaland.

So the Ijebu are no longer Yoruba?

You are even talking as if you were present there

The Yoruba invited the British to come and rule Nigeria

How low can you guys go with your pettiness?

Was it the Zulu People that invited British to come and rule them too?

What about Ghana people?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
Omoluabi16:
You will do well to focus on your own Igbo history. You unstable people would not put your nose where it should be.
Because I'm not Yoruba, I should not know yoruba history?

Go and extract all the knowledge of yoruba history on the Internet and hide the knowledge in your father's house. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Iamgrey5(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
you claim I posted rubbish then asked me to provide evidence for my claims.

How then did you arrive to the conclusion that I posted rubbish if you need me to provide evidence that it is not rubbish?

You're confused.
You posted rubbish

You made reference of the Yoruba civil war which is also known as the kiriji wars and claimed it lasted for decades.

A quick research of history will tell you that Kiriji wars started after the collapse of the Oyo empire which held sway over the Yoruba nation for centuries.

The kiriji wars only lasted from 1887 to 1893 according to historians which is less the 17 years, So how did we fight eachother for centuries?

The ife/modakeke war was a battle between two Yoruba clans for Land and resources which only started when we were part of Nigeria and was only settled when a Yoruba president in the person of OBJ resolved the issue.

So you are posting absolute rubbish smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by PureFace1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:

Okay. But it will do you well to completely know and proudly accept your history.

Cherrypicking will not help you.

Shut up

Yoruba didn't invite the British

Yoruba were just too weak to face the British because of the Civil War, back then Yoruba were not United

Even despite the fact there was still resistance

1 Like

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You posted rubbish

You made reference of the Yoruba civil war which is also known as the kirili wars and claimed it lasted for decades.

A quick research of history will tell you that Kiriji wars started after the collapse of the Oyo empire which held sway over the Yoruba nation for centuries..

The kirili war only lasted from 1887 to 1883 according to historians which is less the 17 years, So how did we fight eachother for centuries.

The ife/modakeke war was a battle between two Yoruba clans for Land and resources which only started when we were part of Nigeria and was only settled when a Yoruba president in the person of OBJ resolved the issue.

So you are posting absolute rubbish smiley
The city States of the old oyo empire fought up to 30 wars. They fought themselves throughout the 19th century. Go and read it up and stop disturbing Me.
Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Spacewalker(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=Auladimeji2 post=81527968]The funny thing is that the op is an ibo boy
Who conducted the election, where was it conducted, when was it conducted, who counted the vote.Lol
Op,go home and sit your eldest elders in your lineage to tell you what ASIWAJU means[/quote

The post is real and genuine. You can check news sites if you doubt. Or u think that Tinubu can't lose an election abi?

U think he is infallible and perfect like Buhari.

Well the election was not conducted by Inec so......

And yes he got 3 votes,confirm it on news updates sites and stop being ignorant and displaying it .
Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
PureFace1:

Shut up

Yoruba didn't invite the British

Yoruba were just too weak to face the British because of the Civil War, back then Yoruba were not United

Even despite the fact there was still resistance

You have fallen into my trap. cheesy

Mention just one resistance the yorubas put up to stop the British from entering yorubaland.
Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Iamgrey5(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:
The city States of the old oyo empire fought up to 30 wars. They fought themselves throughout the 19th century. Go and read it up and stop disturbing Me.
By the nighteen century, the British, French and Germany already divided west Africa in the Berlin Treaty which meant Europeans were able to strike the old resentment and scares of war for easy colonisation. smiley

The battles which happened in 19 century were mostly street battles which only lasted for days at best.

There were not wars by any stretch of the imagination.
Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by PureFace1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
stefanbanach:

You have fallen into my trap. cheesy

Mention just one resistance the yorubas put up to stop the British from entering yorubaland.

You know nothing

There was resistance in Lagos for 11 days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
PureFace1:

You know nothing

There was resistance in Lagos for 11 days

You're not serious. I will not give you my time anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TUC Backs Out Of 2-day Warning Strike / Lai Mohammed: Buhari’s Foreign Trips Have Started Yielding Fruits / Aisha Buhari Commissions Ikom Health Centres, Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.