Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt (23680 Views)

Obasanjo Shares A Joke With US Ambassador To UN, Andrew Young In 1977 - Vid / Something Is Wrong With Every Nigerian – Andrew Young (US) / Osinbajo Hosts Former US Ambassador To UN, Andrew Young, In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by dochenaj: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
Why is he complaining about our complain, is it his complain?
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
Gbabe2:
It all starts from the leaders. When the leaders encourages a functioning system, it will whip the followers into compliance. I have been privileged to see and live in different continent and that statement is not to spite you. If for instance those wire wire guys that were recently caught in USA happened to be in Nigeria? What do think would have happened? We don’t have a functioning system. Do you know that Aregbesola has a fraud case instituted against before he became a governor? What happened next? What of Timpre Silver, Appabio just to mention a few. If our baba Change or integrity means business, governance should start from his team, afterall, he has nothing to loose again having reached a well advanced age. Some said they don’t want to belong to Nigeria again, why can’t you give them a voice and conduct a referendum for them? Must we be together forever if our amalgamation is not working again? Don’t let us deceive ourselves, the records and reports are there, Nigerians are not better off than 2007 era. Come to think of it? It will take eternity to get electricity, good roads, functioning hospitals , jobs etc in Nigeria. Young man,pull the wool of your face and be sincere for once. Can I tell you the truth this evening? Being a Nigerian has robbed you of a minimum 10 productive years of your life. Which means, if you are 30 years and still struggling with all basic things of life, an average Brit or American or Canadian would have achieved such when he or she was 20 years.
I wish you all the best in your follow follow way of life.

Another functional illiterate
It's obvious you can only read but lack basic comprehension of words.. Go back and read again
I am not disputing the fact that the system is bad or worse.. I'm simply asking what are you doing to make a difference, to make the system work instead of complaining and whining again & again

You keep blaming your leaders yet ordinary Nigerians like you & me elected them there..
This is a democracy. Meaning they can't impose themselves on us without us voting them in.. It's happening all over the world, Paris, Hongkong, US, UK, Egypt, Sudan, South Africa etc. They don't blame & whine, they take responsibility.
Vote them out if they don't serve you well, lynch/stone them out if they refuse to leave..but guess what, we can't. Because they paid us to get them in there, they paid you to give them your right of one man one vote to loot your futures away..& it's only right for them to do so in the world of capitalism..
We've sold out our conscience without moral justification. we have nothing left but blame & bigotry.

I ask again, since you've proved that you lack basic comprehension.
Yes, We all know that the leaders are not serving the country the right way, I do. A child can tell, even a foolish man can see that, complain, blame & even curse..it's no rocket science.
The question is, what are you doing to make a difference & not complaining all the time ?
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Legendguru: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
oh
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Gbabe2: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Did you just say functional illiterate? That’s typical of the millennials.... kids born during Obj regime. I won’t stoop low to educate you since you are one of the bigots without any expectation. Ask your parents if the just concluded election is what’s obtainable when they were growing up since you chose to compare it with Gods own countries. What do you expect individuals like us to do since we can’t get the election system right. Oh, I forgot that my daddy was the INEC chairman, ode.
Can I tell you the truth? With these crop of unintelligent millennials Nigeria is churning out, I DONT see a bright future for the country. Did you just say I whail? I was not a young man during MKO Abiola election in 1993. Should I even engage you that will choose to call a section of the country that wants referendum stupid because they feel marginalized. Mr. PhD holder, that can’t even engage in an intelligent discussion without abusing others? Anyway, some of us have good expectation having seen better things in life.
Let me allow you to wallow in your darkness. Cheers

BinDean:

It's obvious you can only read but lack basic comprehension of words.. Go back and read again
I am not disputing the fact that the system is bad or worse.. I'm simply asking what are you doing to make a difference, to make the system work instead of complaining and whining again & again

You keep blaming your leaders yet ordinary Nigerians like you & me elected them there..
This is a democracy. Meaning they can't impose themselves on us without us voting them in.. It's happening all over the world, Paris, Hongkong, US, UK, Egypt, Sudan, South Africa etc. They don't blame & whine, they take responsibility.
Vote them out if they don't serve you well, lynch/stone them out if they refuse to leave..but guess what, we can't. Because they paid us to get them in there, they paid you to give them your right of one man one vote to loot your futures away..& it's only right for them to do so in the world of capitalism..
We've sold out our conscience without moral justification. we have nothing left but blame & bigotry.

Yes, We all know that the leaders are not serving the country the right way, I do. A child can tell, even a foolish man can see that, complain, blame & even curse..it's no rocket science.
The question is, what are you doing to make a difference & not complaining all the time ?
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Bluffly: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
Simplyleo:

We thank God for this good news.

However, Andrew Young should note that such perpetual complains are always coming from just a greedy section who are never satisfied with their fair share. They have been complaining right from time immemorial because they prefer to get more than their fair share

Example, Nigeria is blessed with crude oil, but they are bitterly angry that other sections of the country benefit from same oil as much as them, even though they have none while sections where this oil is deposited don't even make noise.

Even this good news, they must complain about it, it is in their gene to always complain.
Oga think before you yarn. You are talking about what is being shared at the top. Who is benefiting from those resources at the base. Go to Neighborhoods of Nigerians, they are all shams except for where the so called elites stay. We just keep hearing billions and trillions from resources , huge loans being collected with nothing to show.
So Nigerians are complaining real sense and not your so called resource sharing rant
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Gbabe2: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
With your fish brain, the just concluded sham was an election? IPOB expressed their dissatisfaction somewhere, you guys were the first to condemn their act. Sowore was abducted and detained, what were you able to do? Like I said earlier, it’s only millennials like you that will always go back and forth and unable to articulate their position.
To tell you the truth, Na una dey inside darkness no be me. Dodo

BinDean:

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Gbabe2:
Did you just say functional illiterate? That’s typical of the millennials.... kids born during Obj regime. I won’t stoop low to educate you since you are one of the bigots without any expectation. Ask your parents if the just concluded election is what’s obtainable when they were growing up since you chose to compare it with Gods own countries. What do you expect individuals like us to do since we can’t get the election system right. Oh, I forgot that my daddy was the INEC chairman, ode.
Can I tell you the truth? With these crop of unintelligent millennials Nigeria is churning out, I DONT see a bright future for the country. Did you just say I whail? I was not a young man during MKO Abiola election in 1993. Should I even engage you that will choose to call a section of the country that wants referendum stupid because they feel marginalized. Mr. PhD holder, that can’t even engage in an intelligent discussion without abusing others? Anyway, some of us have good expectation having seen better things in life.
Let me allow you to wallow in your darkness. Cheers

I'm sorry you are offended by my choice of words but you are no better either & I'll try to be more responsible & constructive with words next time around
& I'm not a PhD holder, I couldn't be. I'm an undergraduate
I guess no one will surrender tonight so, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Gbabe2: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
You are just an undergrad with a poisonous tongue. There’s an adage that says, ile nlati keso lo ode. I graduated way back in 2001 with high hopes and expectation of a better Nigeria. Then, we just started another republic ( I am sure you were still crawling then).
To tell you the truth, just pray that there should be a radical change or else, you will have your fair share.
There are 2 sides to a coin. Either way, it won’t be a rough ride if we continue this way.
But we should just pray that it should end well. For your information, the reality will dawn on you once you are done with school but I just pray that your experience will be different. It’s frustrating.
In conclusion, stay out of trouble and don’t see any tribe as evil as you guys have tagged IPOB. We all have a collective enemy, the ruling class.

BinDean:

I'm sorry you are offended by my choice of words but you are no better either & I'll try to be more responsible & constructive with words next time around
& I'm not a PhD holder, I couldn't be. I'm an undergraduate
I guess no one will surrender tonight so, cheers.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by KingGBsky(m): 3:28am On Aug 25, 2019
Jobac:

Well said, nothing to add again. You have spoken the minds of good Nigerians.

So the Nigeria you APC people lead by Buhari live in is so good and has nothing to complain about. Poverty, bad roads, no lights that other sane countries and even small countries around us have had and forgotten about is nothing to complain about. Nigeria youths who swear for una?
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by KingGBsky(m): 3:34am On Aug 25, 2019
My fathers generation did not group themselves into crime and yahoo yahoo like our generation is doing now. If you ask me I will tell you I support it for youths to survive. Where are the jobs? What do you want youths with bright future to do to make it in life? My brother’s Nigeria is bad and worse compared to even other African Nations. It’s just a pity that the government has given lots of youths a place to dwell in like APC and PDP. Some calling themselves wailers and others were insulting themselves while Nigeria keeps on disintegrating every single day. The country is not progressing it’s that bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

General Abubakar Tanko Ayuba Is Dead / Tight Security As Osinbajo Visits Katsina / Twitter User Exposes Saraki Links With Anti PMB US Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.