Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt (23678 Views)

Obasanjo Shares A Joke With US Ambassador To UN, Andrew Young In 1977 - Vid / Something Is Wrong With Every Nigerian – Andrew Young (US) / Osinbajo Hosts Former US Ambassador To UN, Andrew Young, In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Gangster1ms: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Osobi32:
....... Mr, pls change ur mindset and views towards ur fellow countrymen. We are differ in reasoning and understanding so pls respect everyone. That a particular section don't agree with u in certain things doesn't give u the right to call them greedy. We need to start seeing each as one, enough of the fight! No tribe is better than the other, we only need to respect each other. Our politicians see themselves as friends irrespective of their political parties and we are fighting on the internet over superiority. We really need to change our orientation coz is wrong. Thank u
You are talking to an unrepentant animal.. Don't ever expect good from him

1 Like

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by aleniboro(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
You need to be a Nigerian to feel the pain of what it is to be a Nigerian! Your analysis is that of non Nigerian though you are right in the area of our suffering and smiling!
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by FarahAideed: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Jimiyung:
Buhari was the son of nobody before becoming president same as obasanjo and jonathan. Work hard so you can be president too and effect the changes you want and not complain on nairaland. Some of you will be worse if given the chance to rule nigeria but you are quick to condemn leaders. We are our own worst enemy.

Where in life did Buhari work had ? I must not be president before I make a mark like I am already doing ..And in your life never advise someone who is doing better than you to work hard okay , I am very comfortable so you make yourself comfortable first okay
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by plaindealer: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
superlightning:

Now I understand why your life is bending....did the ex-convoy specify the people he was referring to? It is shameful that your people are part of who he was referring to.

Sense should tell you that when you ELECT a government into power, DO NOT COMPLAIN when they misbehave, SACK THEM! You are responsible for those who you elect as leaders

Show us where the person you are attacking referred to or named any group or tribe.

The person you quoted did not specify or name any group, tribe or people either, you attacked him because of guilty conscience.

You are just another hypocrite attacking people for doing exactly what you are doing.

Just look at them falling all over each other with guilty conscience, you obviously know yourselves, your ways and behavior..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Osobi32(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Gangster1ms:

You are talking to an unrepentant animal.. Don't ever expect good from him
..... He failed to notice that the man did not mention any tribe, he simply said Nigerians and that's how the world sees us.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Simplyleo: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

Show us where the person you are attacking referred to or named any group or tribe.

The person you quoted did not specify or name any group, tribe or people either, you attacked him because of guilty conscience.

You are just another hypocrite attacking people for doing exactly what you are doing.

Just look at them falling all over each other with guilty conscience, you obviously know yourselves, your ways and behavior..
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Especially @the emboldened.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by oluwaahmed: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
Simplyleo:

We thank God for this good news.

However, Andrew Young should note that such perpetual complains are always coming from just a greedy section who are never satisfied with their fair share. They have been complaining right from time immemorial because they prefer to get more than their fair share

Example, Nigeria is blessed with crude oil, but they are bitterly angry that other sections of the country benefit from same oil as much as them, even though they have none while sections where this oil is deposited don't even make noise.

Even this good news, they must complain about it, it is in their gene to always complain.

Such a useless statement from a man whose country is officially the poorest in the world, especially when most of those poor people are from his region. 8th largest producer of crude oil in the world but also the poorest nation in the world. The country is so poor that Venezuela is disappointed in it. A country where 50 million graduates are unemployed. A country where all the middle class are leaving to Canada, USA and UK. You don't even understand how fûcked Nigeria is yet. If most of the young working class people all leave the country to the West, whose children are going to turn around the fortunes of the country in like 30 years time? Is it the children of the millions of poor people? Or that of the politicians?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Caseless: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2019

He also said South Africa would not be free today and Mandela would not be out today if not for Nigeria.

Word!!!
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by huptin(m): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
FarahAideed:
But let's face the facts Buhari is Nigerias worst leader ever

By a million miles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2019
Raydos:
Does this man know that Nigeria is the poorest country in the world now??

Why won't these people complain when unemployment rate is on the rise, and people are trying hard to feed their families!!

Why won't they complain??
you will be surprised his actual words weren't used but synonyms to fine tune with the aim of achieving whatever it is u think we have now...

I'm here to read comments..
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by engrchykae(m): 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
nigerians wont be complaining if your government hadnt killed mko in prison and foisted obasanjo on us.
if your government hadnt supported buhari finamcially and media wise to foist this buhari menace on nigerians.
if your government hadnt been supporting terrorism by funding them and supplying them toyota hilux via your samurai bitch japan.
your government always has interest every election year in nigeria.
but you would turn around to blame nigerians.
i dont blame you
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Uchenduin: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
Simplyleo:

However, Andrew Young should note that such perpetual complains are always coming from just a greedy section who are never satisfied with their fair share. They have been complaining right from time immemorial because they prefer to get more than their fair share

Example, Nigeria is blessed with crude oil, but they are bitterly angry that other sections of the country benefit from same oil as much as them, even though they have none while sections where this oil is deposited don't even make noise.

Even this good news, they must complain about it, it is in their gene to always complain.

I know you are referring to the igbos definitely, but as an Igbo man, I will only agree with you if your answer to this my question is "IGBOS" but if not, I will like you to accept that people like you are the reason Nigeria is inhabitable and may never be better.
Now the question:

During Goodluck Ebele Jonathan government, which tribe complained most and protested most?

When the man talk of no government has people not complaining, mind you he is not referring only to Buhari's government.

1 Like

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by engrchykae(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
Toscarel:
Oga, leave English Nigerians are suffering in this present administration.

Senseless killings by a group of people that has decided to turn the whole nation to a grazing feild
hypocrisy is english word and the english gave birth to america.
it was them that created terrorism and it is them that are still funding terrorists.
they sell weapons to state actors and non state actors.
they sell jet fighters to abuja and also sell anti aircraft guns to sambisa.
its business for the imperialists

1 Like

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by somehow: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
Edu3Again:
Oga if u had an illiterate fulani man as president, you too will complain.

None in your family go school reach am.

Fact!
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by poseidon12: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
superlightning:

Now I understand why your life is bending....did the ex-convoy specify the people he was referring to? It is shameful that your people are part of who he was referring to.

Sense should tell you that when you ELECT a government into power, DO NOT COMPLAIN when they misbehave, SACK THEM! You are responsible for those who you elect as leaders

Don't mind the fool. He is not among the smart Nigerians Mr Young is talking about.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by nonut: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Simplyleo:

This young man is borderline obsessed with Igbos and its gradually eating him up.
It's unhealthy.
Please, seek for medical advice before it's too late.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by poseidon12: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
FarahAideed:
But let's face the facts Buhari is Nigerias worst leader ever

I agree with you. But it's Nigerians that elected or selected him. What Mr Young is basically saying is that people get the leadership they deserve.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by SoNature(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
Omooba77:
Nigerians are very smart, sane shine wherever they find themselves

I like it when people explain what they mean by the emboldened.

Huncle, I don't think Nigerians are smart.

Smart people are positive thinkers who develop creative things.

Chinese, Japanese and Americans are smart people.

They use innovative ideas to stay ahead of the rest of the world.

Nigerians are dubious people...always looking for a way to game the system and defraud the next man and call him mumu.

Perhaps I need to bring myself up to speed with the latest meaning of smartness.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by poseidon12: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
Raydos:
Does this man know that Nigeria is the poorest country in the world now??

Why won't these people complain when unemployment rate is on the rise, and people are trying hard to feed their families!!

Why won't they complain??

Mr Young knows but he is telling Nigerians that they get the government they deserve.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Angelfrost(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
Jobac:

Well said, nothing to add again. You have spoken the minds of good Nigerians.

Really?... So, good Nigerians don't complain about bad roads, poor electricity supply, widespread insecurity, unemployment, etc??!...

Pray tell, what part of Nigeria do these good people reside??! tongue
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by CreekCommando: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

The person you quoted displayed the usual guilty conscience and socio-cultural victim mentality syndrome synonymous with their kind.

They are already feeling guilty and coming for you. Very predictable people.
Unpredictability is Chameleonic, and that's despicable.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Originalsly: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Omooba77:

If Government do not meet people's expectation, people are going to grumble.

Governments do not voluntary meet the requirements of the people .... it is the people that make demands and if the government cannot perform... like Superlightning said... STOP COMPLAINING.... VOTE THEM OUT. Do we?..noooo..... how can we vote out a man from our own trube?...how can we vote out a man from our own religion?...how can we vote out a man that gave us free rice?..we cannot do that... so let us continue to grumble... one day we will be great again.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by poseidon12: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
windhunter:
Bad government remains one of our major problems in this country so the people are saying the truth.

Mr Young knows that we have always had bad government. But he is rightly telling us that we are the ones that are electing or selecting those bad governments. We the people always have a choice between electing or selecting a good government.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Jimiyung(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
You are obviously doing better on Nairaland. That is your comfort Zone
FarahAideed:

Where in life did Buhari work had ? I must not be president before I make a mark like I am already doing ..And in your life never advise someone who is doing better than you to work hard okay , I am very comfortable so you make yourself comfortable first okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by plaindealer: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
CreekCommando:

Unpredictability is Chameleonic, and that's despicable.

Stop trying too hard to sound intelligent by abusing and misusing English words, makes you sound ignorant and unintelligent.

1 Like

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by midolian(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Simplyleo:

Your head dey there!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by itu404(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
superlightning:

ex- envoy not convoy.
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
This man is high off that expensive Champaign grin
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Tywo2018: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
Yes, but they are part of our problem oo
Re: Andrew Young: Nigerians Are Always Complaining About Govt by Mizwisdom(f): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nigerians have complaining spirit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? / JTF Declares Boko Haram Top Guns Wanted; N50m Bounty For Abubakar Shekau / Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.