Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project (19865 Views)

2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Gov Obiano Tours Awka Millenium City Project, Commends Developers / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by MrGidifeed: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
For closer ties between Kano state and United Arab Emirates, a modern and global city development project would soon be on board between the state and UAE, called Twin-City Concept, with the view to bringing closer economic cooperation and cultural fertilisation for mutual sustainable development.

This was revealed by the UAE Ambassador in Nigeria, Dr Fahad Obaid Al-Taflaq, when the Governor of Kano State, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, paid him a courtesy visit at the Embassy, in Abuja, Wednesday, with the aim of strengthening relationship between the state and the Arab Emirates.

Pleased with the high level presentation and articulation of Kano’s interest in the about-to-be-strengthened ties, as posed by Ganduje, Dr. Obaid reveals that, “Because of the importance we attach to Kano state, as well as your special visit to us today, let me disclose to you Your Excellency, that we are coming up with Twin-City Concept for Kano and Dubai, for our mutual development.”

Explaining that, “If the concept is viable and it pleases you we will be glad to start working on it very soon. We share many things in common, especially Kano being the commercial nerve centre of the North and some parts of the African states.”

Kano State according to the Ambassador is a “Historical Icon” of which his country wants to see that other areas of mutual benefits are explored, for the sustainability of the strong economic ties, both parties want to create for posterity.

Responding to Governor Ganduje’s request for reconsidering the shuttling of Emirates Airlines to Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport (MAKIA), as Kano has for many years being a global destination for many international passengers, Ambassador Obaid assured that, “This request is very vital and will be handed down to appropriate quarter.”

Encouraging further that, “This request I am sure will be under serious consideration by the Airline in Allah’s Name. Though Airlines routes distribution is widely across the global community, but then Kano is an important route that something should be done about it.”

He briefed the Governor how well informed he (Ambassador) is about the position of Kano in global economy, since during Trans-Saharan trade.

“Where Kano played and important hub and a centre for the world trade. Merchants were coming all the way from Arab places down to Kano, through the Trans-Saharan trade. We are very familiar with the economic position of the state, since then,” he mentioned.

Ambassador Obaid argued that, he was so concerned with Kano, not only on the economic front, but also because of cultural reasons, clarifying that, “…through trade, Islam came down to Kano, which makes it quite possible for us to have similarity in some of our cultural display.”

About Etihad Airlines, he reveals that, the management of the Airline are now trying to first and foremost clearly understand the operations and operational routes, at the global engagements.

While discussing possibility of making other Airlines from UAE to Kano, the Ambassador, hinted that, he would have loved El-Arabia Airlines to be coming to Kano, but the only difficulty they would face in such proposal “…is the fact that El-Arabia Airlines cannot fly more than 5 hours per trip. So if you look at it from Kano to Dubai or Abu Dhabi the fly time is more than 5 hours.”

After listening to the Governor attentively, when he was recounting feats achieved in the education sector, with explanatory discussion on the recently pronounced free and compulsory education policy by the state, Ambassador assured the governor that he would always be ready to help Kano achieve greater heights in education.

“Your Excellency you are my big brother. Whenever you want me in Kano I will be glad to come. I therefore assure you that, I will come to Kano this early September for the Summit on free and compulsory education. I will be looking forward for closer ties with Kano, particularly in the areas of education, cultural promotion and economic advancement,” he concludes.

In his request for reconsidering the Ambassador to help make effect the coming back of Emirates Airlines to Kano route, Governor Ganduje, reminded the Ambassador about the big market in the state for the Airline and other Airlines coming from many destinations of the world.

“Kano is a gateway for connecting to other destinations of the world. Emirates Airlines was sometime in the past one of our friendly Airline of the state. We want renew that relationship again,” pleaded Ganduje.

Governor Ganduje was accompanied to the Embassy by Hon Alasan Ado Doguwa, House Leader, House of Representatives, Hon. Abubakar Kabir Bichi, Chairman House Committee on Works and Hon Shamsuddeen Abdurrahman Dambazau, Vice Chairman, House Committee on African, Caribbean, Pacific, European Union Inter-Parliamentary (ACP-EU Committee).

Insisting that, Kano has for long been a destination for global passengers.

On the Twin-City initiative, Ganduje supported that the idea was superb and would get all the needed attention from his state, disclosing that, “As a member of world Sister Cities project, which puts together people from around the world on cities development, I gladly accept this idea of Twin-City.”

Clarifying that, cities around the globe have similar problems on issues like water supply, electricity supply, crime, problem of transportation among others.

“For us to have effective and efficient implementation of our free and compulsory education policy we are organising a Summit to discuss ways and come up with strategies directed towards that,” says Ganduje.

“I am also briefing you that the Almajiri system of education will be integrated into the secular curriculum with special attention to English language and Mathematics. While doing that, the faith and glory aspects of the Almajiri system will be intact and strengthened” he concludes.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/08/23/kano-state-partners-uae-for-kano-dubai-twin-city-project/

1 Like

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Waakanda: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by wongwe: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
Wait... You will see the Nigerian version of the city, you will wonder if God intended Nigeria for what I don't want to say

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Mays24(f): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
Truth be told.
Ganduje is working

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by money121(m): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Digipro: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Wiw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by amaniro: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Gandollar tell us your share

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Flier: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by philsbaba: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Are you trying to tell me that kano will soon be fine like Dubai?
Impossicant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Waakanda:

Yeah Brain, but where is someone going to find two chickens and a peacock at this time of the day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by TheEmpire304: 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
Is your thinking thinking what my thinking is thinking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by owila4luv(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
Waakanda:
nope! need a clue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by speaktome(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
What's the name of that Gomina...

Gandollar abi?

What's my business self...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Johnkay01: 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by LewinskyMon: 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by spirul77: 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
apart from the dollar stuffing and emir scandal,this ganduje is always on news for the right reasons.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by olu77(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
Lol. If your own people and the investors can trust you, that will be a laudable project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by majamajic(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kano state Governor is a very good business man ,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Primusinterpares(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
Right idea... but hope no hidden agenda of dollars movement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
This photo looks photo shopped

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Waakanda:
What is u pondering?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by money121(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by semyman: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Omo Igbos you better learn and say no to crimes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
They want to strengthen what ?

Gan Dollar ties or Economic ties...

For the camera...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Kendumazy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
Na so we go dey hear. It's always an abandoned project. May be this one not be an abandoned project. Let's have the feelings of been in that Dubai obodo Nigeria.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Biritiko: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mays24:
Truth be told.
Ganduje is working
Only Igbos think otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Jaqenhghar: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2019
Maybe they will teach them how to shît in public places

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by GoodofNaija: 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
Waakanda:

You pondering how many dollars under d babariga cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mays24:
Truth be told.
Ganduje is working

Look at Stew...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by MyGeneration(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
it would have been better if Kano collaborated with the Usa cause its not the Uae who built there infrastructure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project by lilytender: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Anambra and Imo States drug pushers have also partnered Mexico drug lords for hard drugs trafficking to US.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Invitation Didn’t Come Through Right Channel, Gov Yusuf Replies Ganduje / Shocking Confession From An Ex Boko Haram Alleged Ibb Is The Main Sponsor / Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.