Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze (1561 Views)

Owo Terror Attack: Ohanaeze Begins Preparations For Burial / Anambra Roads Deserted Despite IPOB's Sit-At-Home Order Suspension(Pictures). / INEC Insists On Nov 6 Anambra Guber Poll Despite IPOB’s Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by viktohmoses(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the socio-cultural organization Igbo, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chuks Ibegbu, said that the latest assault on Senator Ike Ekweremadu by some representatives of the indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB, will not influence the quest for an Igbo person to become President of Nigeria preceding the reign of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Some members of IPOB had last Saturday attacked Ekweremadu in Nuremberg, Germany, where he was to give a keynote address at the Second Igbo Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany

Ibegbu who spoke in a statement on Friday, recalled that similar attack on ex-President Goodluck Jonathan by some Ijaw militants in the past, saying that did not stop him (Jonathan) from being President, neither did the rejection of former President Olusegun Obasanjo by the Yorubas in 1999 stop him from becoming President then.

the North did not stop Yaradua and Buhari from becoming Nigeria President. Why should IPOB and MASSOB activities which are even done peacefully be a threat to Igbo Presidency project. No , I think it will even enhance it. In any case, its not Igbo Presidency but Nigeria Presidency of Igbo Extraction.

“We, however advise all our Presidential materials to begin to build bridges and network with other zones of the country, while all political parties in Nigeria should zone the next Presidency to the South East and Igbo land in particular. Its the most just, fair and equitable thing to do for the sake of our unity and development.”

The spokesperson rejected the allegation on the rumor in some quarters that Ekweremadu and Chief Nnia Nwodo, President-General of Ohanaeze, gave out some land for RUGA in Enugu with enormous returns, stating:

“It’s the handicraft of Ndigbo’s enemies and the fifth columnist as nothing like that occurred. Let them find evidence of such a callous allegation.”

https://sportywap.com/igbo-man-must-go-for-2023-presidency-despite-ipob-attack-ohanaeze/

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by emmythetbcWiz: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
I dey laugh ooo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
First of all how dose ipob attack affect igbo presidency

It makes no sense at all DID boko haram affect buhari
Did OPC affect obasanjo ,did militants affect jonathan

People who have wronged the igbo man for years step just afraid, but the igbo man is not vindictive

After obj part in the civil war we voted for him

Despite ijaw taking our houses we rejected buhari offer to support him

Despite all the north has done we supported yaradua

By right PDP tickets is to be zoned to the north east ,middle belt ,or south east ,Same as APC

When i look at APC saying igbos dont deserve the presidency ...i just feel for the likes of kalu,joe ,ngige,onu and the rest because it means they jave wasted their efforts

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by yarimo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
IGBO can only be Nigeria's president in year 4099

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by WonderManly(m): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
Shey you get the money wey you go waste abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by Abdul05: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ibo for president..abomination

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by QuotaSystem: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

People who have wronged the igbo man for years step just afraid, but the igbo man is not vindictive

By right PDP tickets is to be zoned to the north east ,middle belt ,or south east ,Same as APC

When i look at APC saying igbos dont deserve the presidency ...i just feel for the likes of kalu,joe ,ngige,onu and the rest because it means they jave wasted their efforts

It affects the quest because a lot of you reprimanded Ekweremadu for his patriotic outfit bearing Nigeria's coat of arms and it was in the public space. That sent a very bad message about your patriotism and ability to be entrusted with the Presidency. Ohaneze know what they're reacting to.

As for the few APC members from the SE who the majority of Igbos have publicly maligned, attacked and antagonized for their very association with the party; they are enjoying the rewards of their sacrifices by virtue of the very offices they occupy from the Legislature to the Executive cabinet. Even they would not make the ridiculous claim of a "right" to the party's ticket in view of political realities. You can only make that demand to the PDP that the SE has been loyal to for donkey years.

You have zero moral, political, rational or logical basis to seek the presidential ticket of the APC - a party demonized, antagonized and rejected repeatedly by South Eastern Nigeria. Your only option is to begin to make amends, mend fences and build bridges as advised by the Ohaneze elders.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
QuotaSystem:

It affects the quest because a lot of you reprimanded Ekweremadu for his patriotic outfit bearing Nigeria's coat of arms and it was in the public space. That sent a very bad message about your patriotism and ability to be entrusted with the Presidency. Ohaneze know what they're reacting to.

As for the few APC members from the SE who the majority of Igbos have publicly maligned, attacked and antagonized for their very association with the party; they are enjoying the rewards of their sacrifices by virtue of the very offices they occupy from the Legislature to the Executive cabinet. Even they would not make the ridiculous claim of a "right" to the party's ticket in view of political realities. You can only make that demand to the PDP that the SE has been loyal to for donkey years.

You have zero moral, political, rational or logical basis to seek the presidential ticket of the APC - a party demonized, antagonized and rejected repeatedly by South Eastern Nigeria. Your only option is to begin to make amends, mend fences and build bridges as advised by the Ohaneze elders.
Did APC get zero votes in the south east ?
So u mean the efforts of those 20% means nothing ?
Just asking
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by QuotaSystem: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
The APC got minimal votes in the SE to buttress their rejection of the party.

The efforts are appreciated but weightless in the grand scheme of things (which is why they themselves are quiet in the party) - the east should learn to be more balanced and long-sighted in it's electoral choices.

Facts only.

mrvitalis:

Just asking

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by Jimasun: 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

Just asking
The 80% are the enablers.
The 20% should on a normal day have equal right to the ticket of APC, but right in the public glare, the people around the 20% loathes those of 80% and call them unprintable names.
You as a person supported the attack on Ekeremandu because he wore Nigerian coat of arms.
If you want division, tell your elected representatives to make a formal request.
Stop calling people names for voting whoever they want.
Learn the rudiments of civility for your own interest.
I as a person prefer Nigeria breaks up, but that doesn't mean I will wish people in the east or north evil.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mcbreeze: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
This is one of the reason IPOB attack you politicians.
You are a leader but don't know what your people want.
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by gwarotango: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

You've got no rights to the presidency. You've gotta fight for it just like everyone else. We're not going to dash you it on a platter

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by Nwadiuto247: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

Did APC get zerog votes in the south east ?
Just asking

Ignore fools when they talk
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 6:15am On Aug 24, 2019
gwarotango:
You've got no rights to the presidency. You've gotta fight for it just like everyone else. We're not going to dash you it on a platter
So the igbos in APC are fools then they dont matter
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by helinues: 6:17am On Aug 24, 2019
Nothing bad in giving a trial and test your popularity..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 6:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Jimasun:

The 80% are the enablers.
The 20% should on a normal day have equal right to the ticket of APC, but right in the public glare, the people around the 20% loathes those of 80% and call them unprintable names.
You as a person supported the attack on Ekeremandu because he wore Nigerian coat of arms.
If you want division, tell your elected representatives to make a formal request.
Stop calling people names for voting whoever they want.
Learn the rudiments of civility for your own interest.
I as a person prefer Nigeria breaks up, but that doesn't mean I will wish people in the east or north evil.
And in ur half smartness the only way a national party like APC can win over the 80% is by denying them their what should be theirs ...

The igbos in APC have seen it ,that's the simple reason i stopped supporting APC ..

Did u know PDP have never won north west in a prudential election
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by Ikechunna: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2019
mcbreeze:
This is one of the reason IPOB attack you politicians.
You are a leader but don't know what your people want.

Exactly. They'll continue getting attacked until they stop being greedy bastards and actually start working on what their people are seeking for. How the Bleep you think people are interested in igbo leadership when igbo people have said it loud and clear that they don't want to be Niggerians and equally attacked and berated them for refusing to listen to them. What sort of nonsense is that?

The only people interested to rule the shithole are Ohaneze and Igbo leaders. The people are asking to be removed from that dump of a nation and they are busy fighting for their own pocket. They'll continue getting attacked until senses gets into their head.
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 6:21am On Aug 24, 2019
QuotaSystem:

The efforts are appreciated but weightless in the grand scheme of things (which is why they themselves are quiet in the party) - the east should learn to be more balanced and long-sighted in it's electoral choices.

Facts only.

Going by your logic north east should produce the next president then since they produced more votes for APC than south

If u support south west for 2023 then same equity that allows someone who gave barely 50% to get the tickets over someone that gave 65%
Should also allow someone that gave 20% over someone that gave 50%
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 6:33am On Aug 24, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Facts only.
Sure which means only north east deserves the tickets then because they gave the highest votes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:35am On Aug 24, 2019
hmmm...I just dey laugh oo
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by seanfer(m): 6:43am On Aug 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

And in ur half smartness the only way a national party like APC can win over the 80% is by denying them their what should be theirs ...

The igbos in APC have seen it ,that's the simple reason i stopped supporting APC ..

Did u know PDP have never won north west in a prudential election

According to the results released by Inec in 2007 PDP won the North West.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 7:07am On Aug 24, 2019
seanfer:

According to the results released by Inec in 2007 PDP won the North West.
Show the result oga ,buhari has always won their amd has been PDPs wickest link
And even when the presidential candidate was from their and everyone knows 2007 is nigerian worst election ever

The funny thing about this is its the south west ,who claimed to be educated that are more vocal here on nairaland o
Against igbo presidency

The presidency is not about the tribe per say but about the individual

So u guys cant trust the igbos in APC ...then why are they there
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by vanunu: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Did you Yoruba people surport PDP in 1999, you hypocrite.
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by QuotaSystem: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2019
vanunu:

Did you Yoruba people surport PDP in 1999, you hypocrite.

You're lost.

I'm not Yoruba.

P. S Yorubas have never rejected any party in a block or blanket manner like the SE rejected the APC/Buhari. The worst they do is spread their votes 50/50. No other region has committed such political myopia.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2019
QuotaSystem:

You're lost.

I'm not Yoruba.

P. S Yorubas have never rejected any party in a block or blanket manner like the SE rejected the APC/Buhari. The worst they do is spread their votes 50/50. No other region has committed such political myopia.
Swear by your born and unborn children would usless if u are yoruba ....i dare u

Define rejection

20% is rejection ?
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by Perkins2018: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

Swear by your born and unborn children would usless if u are yoruba ....i dare u

Define rejection

20% is rejection ?

You are a dunce if you don’t know quotasystem is a proud northerner.

He, fizznation, gwarotango and itsmeaboki are well known northerners on the political section.

Igbos were again Yoruba for the position of pdp chairman even when we had a pdp state governor. Yet you want apc to give you its ticket. It’s only natural for you to seek your ticket under the pdp but you zoned pdp ticket to the north and want apc ticket. Such foolishness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2019
Perkins2018:

You are a dunce if you don’t know quotasystem is a proud northerner.

He, fizznation, gwarotango and itsmeaboki are well known northerners on the political section.

Igbos were again Yoruba for the position of pdp chairman even when we had a pdp state governor. Yet you want apc to give you its ticket. It’s only natural for you to seek your ticket under the pdp but you zoned pdp ticket to the north and want apc ticket. Such foolishness.
Don't have business with u ...use ur main act
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by QuotaSystem: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2019
I'm sure you're only pretending to be slow. Have I ever sounded or presented myself to be Yoruba or anything else than a northerner?

In any exam 20% is failure which you know. The SE has always rejected the APC & everyone is aware so you can only deceive yourself sir.

Too late to change the narrative.

mrvitalis:

Define rejection

20% is rejection ?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2019
QuotaSystem:
I'm sure you're only pretending to be slow. Have I ever sounded or presented myself to be Yoruba or anything else than a northerner?

In any exam 20% is failure which you know. The SE has always rejected the APC & everyone is aware so you can only deceive yourself sir.

Too late to change the narrative.

Failure means rejection ? ...so much for the smart one

The questions should be did APC deserve to win south east ? ..if the south west that got many project ,vice president ,and super minister gave 50% why should south east that was treated like out cast give more
Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by comradewanle(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

How on earth would you compare the activities of boko haram and militants with that of OPC?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by QuotaSystem: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

Failure means rejection ? ...so much for the smart one

The questions should be did APC deserve to win south east ? ..if the south west that got many project ,vice president ,and super minister gave 50% why should south east that was treated like out cast give more

If APC did not deserve to win SE like you suggested, then why are you denying they were rejected?

You can argue with yourself till thy kingdom come. You have laid your bed, and that is how you will lie on it.

Kapish.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Must Go For 2023 Presidency Despite IPOB Attack - Ohanaeze by Area4Area: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

So the igbos in APC are fools then they dont matter
Why are you like this, you were among those who called APC a devilish and Islamic terrorist party so why do you want anything from them again? Why can't you demand such from your "god's own party" PDP? You can't sow oranges and expect to harvest apples, even the holy Bible condemns it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Predicts What Will Happen To Buhari, Osinbajo, P.villa / ENDSARS: Rev Father Mbaka Finally Speaks Out. VIDEO / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.