Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months (736 Views)

More Nigerians, Africans Will Fall Into Extreme Poverty, World Bank Predicts / World Bank To FG: Reform Now To Stop Further Slide Into Extreme Poverty / 1.1m Nigerians Slip Into Extreme Poverty In Four Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Shehuyinka: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
The number of extremely poor Nigerians has risen to 94, 212 064 million, data from the World Poverty Clock show.

The figure implies that virtually half of Nigeria’s population now live in extreme poverty.

As Nigeria faces a major population boom—it is estimated by the United Nations in a 2017 report that it would become the world’s third-largest country by 2050—it’s a problem likely to worsen.

The latest figure shows that an additional seven million Nigerians have since fallen under the poverty line.

Also, the 2019 Global Multidimensional Poverty Index in July of this year indicated that the multidimensionally poor Nigerians rate increased from 86 million to 98 million between 2007 and 2017.

The report which was released by United Nations Development Programme and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative, noted that in Nigeria, even though the proportion of people who are multi-dimensionally poor has remained constant at just over 50 per cent over the past decade (up to 2017), the actual number of people who are multi-dimensionally poor increased from 86 million to 98 million over the same period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxrhzfTR80A

Read More: https://www.icirnigeria.org/seven-million-nigerians-fall-into-extreme-poverty-in-13-month/

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Racoon(m): 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sai level hardship upgraded.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Kylekent59: 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
If you are among click like, if otherwise click share.

Let's know

1 Like

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by onamch: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Next level doleee

1 Like

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
For those that don't understand the implication of this I will make it easier to grasp ok!!! If you see two Nigerians standing then know 1 of them is living in abject poverty .. It means half of all Nairalanders now live in abject poverty

2 Likes

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
This is really scary now, Nigeria please help yourself with controlling birth rate..

Forget religions beliefs, cant you see we are gradually dying with an unproductive, uneducative, unemployed population bloat.
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by theenchanter: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:
For those that don't understand the implication of this I will make it easier to grasp ok!!! If you see two Nigerians standing then know 1 of them is living in abject poverty .. It means half of all Nairalanders now live in abject poverty
u're not making sense!

What is "living in extreme poverty" and how did they came up with these figures?
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
theenchanter:
u're not making sense!

What is "living in extreme poverty" and how did they came up with these figures?

Keep fooling yourself okay ..even with way you reason I am sure you are amongst those living in multi dimensional poverty

5 Likes

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by theenchanter: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

Keep fooling yourself okay ..even with way you reason I am sure you are amongst those living in multi dimensional poverty
urs is worse cos u believe u're living in abject poverty simply because an external body said it.

That's mental poverty.
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
theenchanter:
urs is worse cos u believe u're living in abject poverty simply because an external body said it.

That's mental poverty.

Mister man I am a 1 percenter .. so get that in to your head ..In every country on Earth I will easily fall into 1 percent bracket but you will not so let's worry about you
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by theenchanter: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

Mister man I am a 1 percenter .. so get that in to your head ..In every country on Earth I will easily fall into 1 percent bracket but you will not so let's worry about you
see this mumu, there are millions of Nigerians that will call themselves a 1%ter too. But since WB said u're living in poverty, then u're living.... forget about ur ego and believe the WB. grin
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
theenchanter:
see this mumu, there are millions of Nigerians that will call themselves a 1%ter too. But since WB said u're living in poverty, then u're living.... forget about ur ego and believe the WB. grin

To be a 1 percenter you must earn 108 thousand USD a year ..Do you ?
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by theenchanter: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

To be a 1 percenter you must earn 108 thousand USD a year ..Do you ?
does the WB knows u earn that? Dude, u're living in poverty... that's what d WB said and so be it.
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
theenchanter:
does the WB knows u earn that? Dude, u're living in poverty... that's what d WB said and so be it.

Nigerians have never been poorer than today and I agree because I see poverty escalating all around

1 Like

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by theenchanter: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

Nigerians have never been poorer than today and I agree because I see poverty escalating all around
yeah, poverty is soaring higher in nigeria presently.

But my point is that most of these stats from external bodies are way overboard.
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
theenchanter:
yeah, poverty is soaring higher in nigeria presently.

But my point is that most of these stats from external bodies are way overboard.

If told you 80 percent of Lagosians have no access to proper toilets would you believe? But I have done my own small survey and it will shock that many people you see with Neon green fake Balenciagas in the day go poo by Lagoon by night
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by theenchanter: 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

If told you 80 percent of Lagosians have no access to proper toilets would you believe? But I have done my own small survey and it will shock that many people you see with Neon green fake Balenciagas in the day go poo by Lagoon by night
80%? Haba.

If 80% of lagosians no get toilet, shit for don full everywhere na.. that's roughly 18m people without toilet, see am na.
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by FarahAideed: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
theenchanter:
80%? Haba.

If 80% of lagosians no get toilet, shit for don full everywhere na.. that's roughly 18m people without toilet, see am na.

You no see how the Lagoon dey smell grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Gandollaar(f): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kylekent59:
If you are among click like, if otherwise click share.

Let's know
Soft work

Sarrki, afamed, officialgarri, omenkalives and all his aliases, ngeneukwuenu, johnmartus, jesuslovesyou, senatordave, , helinues, chukwurah003, chukwuibuipob, seunmsg, Antiwailer etc, should take turns in liking this post.

They whitewashed an old sepulchre and named him president and expect him to give what he never had. Yeyenatu.

1 Like

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Officialgarri: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
Gandollaar:
Soft work

Sarrki, afamed, officialgarri, omenkalives and all his aliases, ngeneukwuenu, johnmartus, jesuslovesyou, senatordave, , helinues, chukwurah003, chukwuibuipob, seunmsg, Antiwailer etc, should take turns in liking this post.

They whitewashed an old sepulchre and named him president and expect him to give what he never had. Yeyenatu.
If this report is true, then you ought to cover your face in shame. The past governments ought to stand in front of a judge and their prison sentences be handed to them in ample years.

I can remember when price of crude oil was very high, how many people did that government take out of poverty? Rather the president, his shippotamus and his gang of thieves looted us dry and now you expect a miracle.

Buhari will always be better than that drunkard who debased this Country

1 Like

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by johnmartus(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Stop quote me unnecessarily. This damn report really shucks as a Nigerian.
Officialgarri:

If this report is true, then you ought to cover your face in shame. The past governments ought to stand in front of a judge and their prison sentences be handed to them in ample years.

I can remember when price of crude oil was very high, how many people did that government take out of poverty? Rather the president, his shippotamus and his gang of thieves looted us dry and now you expect a miracle.

Re: Seven Million Nigerians Fall Into Extreme Poverty In 13 Months by Gandollaar(f): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
Officialgarri:

You are so unintelligent, just like the post and be gone

(1) (Reply)

New Bank Charge Policies--- Our Policy Designers Are Clueless. See How / Osinbajo Will Soon Be Asked To Wash Toilets, If He Doesn't Resign-- FFK / Governor Ihedioha Secures $50million Afrexim Investment In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.