Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. (15222 Views)

Fashola: Tinubu Brought Yoruba Back Into Federal Politics After Obasanjo Sold Us / Fashola: Tinubu Is The Most Qualified To Be Nigeria's President (video) / Fashola, Tinubu’s Joker Against Osinbajo, Fayemi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by primetravel(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
You guys missed the opportunity Ambode could have turned Lagos to with his transportation reform.

Touts will continue to rule

[qauote author=Bobby4090 post=81556517]Fashola took over from Tinubu and built on his legacies.
Sanwo Olu took over from Ambode and is building on his legacies and vowed to complete his projects.
The only missing link was when childish Ambode took over from Fashola and stopped most Fashola projects in an attempt to destroy Fasholas legacy.
The move to remove Ambode United both Tinubu and Fashola. They used Ambodes head to make peace.
[/quote]
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Lamasta(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

I just wonder why some states, including yours without Tinubu to hold them back are not progressing ahead of Lagos or just like Dubai.

He failed in Ondo State his boy Abraham was defeated by Akeredolu in the primaries
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lamasta:

He failed in Ondo State his boy Abraham was defeated by Akeredolu in the primaries

So, your problem with Tinubu is silly political gossips and market women rumors.

Is Tinubu responsible for your life, your daily bread and survival as a human being because I don't get your obsession and daily worries over Tinubu, his boys and who defeated who in any primary?

Get a job and find something better that rumors and gossips to do with your life.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Pennywise(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10092448_ecq6nhrxkae7xe_jpeg_jpeg2fd779b1cd4c5d85825d66d151d6aecd

Questions have been raised about the sanity of this Governor wearing suit on blue jeans. Lagosians will wake up one morning to see him trekking Ikorodu barefooted that is when they will know there is a problem
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Lamasta(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

So, your problem with Tinubu is silly political gossips and market women rumors.

Is Tinubu responsible for your life, your daily bread and survival as a human being because I don't get your obsession and daily worries over Tinubu, his boys and who defeated who in any primary?

Get a job and find something better that rumors and gossips to do with your life.

My problem with some of You is that you cannot engage someone without insult must I like the politician you like? must I support your political party abi if I tell you Lagos State should free itself from the burdillion man has that action now lead to me hating Tinubu ba? Bros go sit down Jo you no get talk
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
Pennywise:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10092448_ecq6nhrxkae7xe_jpeg_jpeg2fd779b1cd4c5d85825d66d151d6aecd

Questions have been raised about the sanity of this Governor wearing suit on blue jeans. Lagosians will wake up one morning to see him trekking Ikorodu barefooted that is when they will know there is a problem

Only crazy people think only crazy people wear blazers on blue jeans.

People including leaders and politicians all over the world wear blazers on blue jeans, even Fashola before him wore blazers and blue jeans all over the place.

I know you people love to dwell on irrelevant rubbish to insult other people, but you end up exposing your own ignorance.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lamasta:

My problem with some of You is that you cannot engage someone without insult must I like the politician you like? must I support your political party abi if I tell you Lagos State should free itself from the burdillion man has that action now lead to me hating Tinubu ba? Bros go sit down Jo you no get talk

When people can not comprehend or justify their views with a better argument, they play the victim and shout insults.

I said I wonder why some states without Tibubu to hold them back are not progressing like Lagos and you traveled to Ondo to talk about election primaries and rumors about who defeated Tinubu and who is boys is nor not.

Was I talking about political gossips and rumors or even election in Ondo state?

That was rumors gossips and it had nothing to do with what I said.

Saying you are peddling rumors was not an insult, I just called you out as a rumor and gossip peddler because you just proved to us with your own post that you are a rumor and gossip peddler.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Lamasta(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

When people can not comprehend or justify their views with a better argument, they play the victim and shout insults.

I said I wonder why some states without Tibubu to hold them back are not progressing like Lagos and you traveled to Ondo to talk about election primaries and rumors about who defeated Tinubu and who is boys is nor not.

Was I talking about political gossips and rumors or even election in Ondo state?

That was rumors gossips and it had nothing to do with what I said.

Saying you are peddling rumors was not an insult, I just called you out as a rumor and gossip peddler because you just proved to us with your own post that you are a rumor and gossip peddler.

My brother my view is one day LAGOS STATE will be free from BAT that's all
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lamasta:

Tinubu is not the governor of Lagos state so what are the people of Lagos state going to free themselves from?

Millions of Lagosians went to the polls to vote for their preferred governor and they voted for Sanwo Olu as their next governor regardless of Tinubu and even the last time I checked, Tinubu was not on the Ballot and we didn't see Tinubu forcing Lagosians to the ballot with guns to their head to vote for the candidate of his choice.

Lagosians saw candidates from other parties on the ballot, but they spoke with their votes by electing Sanwo Olu.

Respect the people of Lagos state and their political decisions, you don't and can not speak for Lagosians because you hate Tinubu.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lamasta:

Last time I checked, Tinubu was not on the ballot.

Your hatred for Tinubu is irrelevant to Lagosians when it comes to their political decision.

Worry about your own state and let Lagosians worry about Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

I don't see a shred of Lagos ethos, Lagos mentality, and characteristics in AMBODE, it's even hard for me to believe he's truly a Lagosian.

Destroying predecessors, abandoning their projects is what they do in backward states with backward and ignorant governors, not in Lagos state.

Thank God, Lagos is back on track, Eko o ni baje is alive and well.

This is the bottom line. He was an awful leader as well because he never carried others along and showed disdain/disregard for their input. He directly disrespected important administrators who had been stalwarts of Lagos leadership even before Tinubu single-handedly made him Governor. His wife did not help either as she acted like Patience Jonathan up and down. No one likes leaders who cannot control their wives. Ambode lost support because of his wife's antics same as GEJ suffered for the recalcitrant behaviour of Faka. All in all, Ambode was a mistake.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
candidtalk:

This is the bottom line. He was an awful leader as well because he never carried others along and showed disdain/disregard for their input. He directly disrespected important administrators who had been stalwarts of Lagos leadership even before Tinubu single-handedly made him Governor. His wife did not help either as she acted like Patience Jonathan up and down. No one likes leaders who cannot control their wives. Ambode lost support because of his wife's antics same as GEJ suffered for the recalcitrant behaviour of Faka. All in all, Ambode was a mistake.

Indeed, a sad mistake and an aberration.

I remember the JJT park he built in honor of past Lagos state governors, it should have been JJTF with Fashola included, but because of hatred and bitterness, he did not include Fashoa as if Fashola was never a governor in Lagos state. So glad to see him gone.

I just can't stand hateful, bitter and meanspirited people.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lamasta:

Bruv, this is why folks like you will never understand Leadership as Tinubu has mastered it. You think BAT assumes he will live forever? He is leaving a legacy of leadership that will surpass him same as many still claim to be 'core Awoist' till today 3 decades after the passing of the sage. You may outlive Tinubu physically but you will not outlive the legacy of leadership he birthed and nurtured others will carry forward to include the likes of myself who continue to watch and learn from Jagaban.

Remember the saying "great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" and you will immediately understand that your fixation on Tinubu (people) is wrong because the man has become an idea in relation to existential and pragmatic political leadership. The flesh will die but the idea will live on so don't think Tinubu is done when he passes on.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

Indeed, a sad mistake and an aberration.

I remember the JJT park he built in honor of past Lagos state governors, it should have been JJTF with Fashola included, but because of hatred and bitterness, he did not include Fashoa as if Fashola was never a governor in Lagos state. So glad to see him gone.

I just can't stand hateful, bitter and meanspirited people.

He was no Omoluabi. I will accept he did some things right. In fact he would still be Governor if not for a divisive core that meant he would rather fight others instead of learn to accommodate and work with them for the greater good of Lagos. His style might see him continue in leadership elsewhere but not Lagos. At the time of his ousting, I specifically remember a quote from one APC leader that Ambode must go because "this is Lagos where even our commissioners are brilliant and their input must be respected".
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Lamasta(m): 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
candidtalk:

Bruv, this is why folks like you will never understand Leadership as Tinubu has mastered it. You think BAT assumes he will live forever? He is leaving a legacy of leadership that will surpass him same as many still claim to be 'core Awoist' till today 3 decades after the passing of the sage. You may outlive Tinubu physically but you will not outlive the legacy of leadership he birthed and nurtured others will carry forward to include the likes of myself who continue to watch and learn from Jagaban.

Remember the saying "great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" and you will immediately understand that your fixation on Tinubu (people) is wrong because the man has become an idea in relation to existential and pragmatic political leadership. The flesh will die but the idea will live on so don't think Tinubu is done when he passes on.

What qualifies Tinubu to be a leader?
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lamasta:

What qualifies Tinubu to be a leader?

Are you serious? I will give you one assignment. Go and find out all the legendary and 'first of its kind' things Tinubu did to keep Lagos afloat and thriving when he was sole opposition Governor in the SW under Obasanjo PDP and the vindictive OBJ ordered that Lagos federal allocation be withheld to bring Jagaban to his knees. If you avail yourself of the pertinent history around that period then I might give you far more example of why they come from all over Nigeria, be it Utomi, Ngige, Aregbe, Fayemi, Gbajabiamila, Ahmed Lawan or even Buhari, to associate with and gain from the leadership genius of Jagaban.

There is a saying. "Don't hate.Appreciate". You may not like Jagaban but have the honesty to appreciate what he is in the Nigerian political space. An exemplary leader. Perhaps the most by far. No aspect is he found wanting. Whether making his State greater, empowering other great leaders who would never had come forth otherwise, eg Fashola, or strategising to win elections for his Party. You can argue the corruption thingy but that is a moot point in Nigeria where corruption is a staple of daily political life and virtually all our leaders work with it and use it when it suits them.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
candidtalk:

He was no Omoluabi. I will accept he did some things right. In fact he would still be Governor if not for a divisive core that meant he would rather fight others instead of learn to accommodate and work with them for the greater good of Lagos. His style might see him continue in leadership elsewhere but not Lagos. At the time of his ousting, I specifically remember a quote from one APC leader that Ambode must go because "this is Lagos where even our commissioners are brilliant and their input must be respected".

The moment Ambode lost the election was when he staged the disastrous world press conference that turned into the unethical and shameful release of Sanwo Olu's medical records regardless if it was true or not. In the US, they call it HIPAA Violation.

Just imagine, a sitting governor releasing medical information for political gains via a world news conference.

He reminds me of their new governor in Imo state.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by plaindealer: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
candidtalk:

Are you serious? I will give you one assignment. Go and find out all the legendary and 'first of its kind' things Tinubu did to keep Lagos afloat and thriving when he was sole opposition Governor in the SW under Obasanjo PDP and the vindictive OBJ ordered that Lagos federal allocation be withheld to bring Jagaban to his knees. If you avail yourself of the pertinent history around that period then I might give you far more example of why they come from all over Nigeria, be it Utomi, Ngige, Aregbe, Fayemi, Gbajabiamila, Ahmed Lawan or even Buhari, to associate with and gain from the leadership genius of Jagaban.

The person you are talking to and his kind to don't know what leadership to start with, they just hate Tinubu so it doesn't matter how hard you try to educate them, it still won't take away their hatred or make them stop hating Tinubu.

It's a disease that you can not cure.
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
plaindealer:

The moment Ambode lost the election was when he staged the disastrous world press conference that turned into the unethical and shameful release of Sanwo Olu's medical records regardless if it was true or not. In the US, they call it HIPAA Violation.

Just imagine, a sitting governor releasing medical information for political gains via a world news conference.

He reminds me of their new governor in Imo state.

That was terrible and it really was the heights of unethical behaviour Yorubas will not tolerate. I remember Igbos became champions of Ambode's case back then and attacked Tinubu, as they love to do, as the architect of the demise of Ambode. I had to tell them to go and see how many votes Sanwo Olu gained to defeat Ambode to note what is obvious i.e things had nothing to do with BAT but with the fact virtually all wanted to see the back of Ambode.

Sanwo Olu got 970,851 votes to Ambode's paltry72,901. Sanwo Olu won by over i.e 800,000 votes !!!! What does this show if not that Ambode had offended virtually every voting delegate fundamentally and grievously? How does a sitting governor lose by so many votes if not that his sins were too many to necessitate such a humiliation?
Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by seguntijan(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
One thing I learnt from the 3 past governors is that you must understand your job and do it well without any eye service.
Fashola was not considered for 2nd term but his performance in 1st term made him prevail all TINUBU plots, while Ambode was busy doing eye service.
Fashola was not considered for ministerial appointment by the power that be in Lagos but his performance saw him to Aso Rock.
Fashola is brutal in taking decisions, he spoke to the power that be without prejudice.

On the other hand...

Ambode has been loyal from day 1 and that earn him the first ticket, his loyalty continues with Tinubu but his performance wasn't enough to make the power that be in Lagos to reconsider their decisions. After realizing that, he continues his eye service with Buhari but the performance wasn't enough to stand him out.

God bless these leaders, they're inspirational to we the younger generations, in them I learn what o do, what not to do to be a better version of myself.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. by tiger28: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nigerian men are UGLY....SORRY!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Named Chair, CAP-A Board Of Directors / Nigerian Professors With The Doctor Of Science (DSc) Degree. / Mamman Daura’s Curious London Trip, By Farooq kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.