Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour (13068 Views)

Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics / Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by GistMore3: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Three children were swept away by flood in the Saidawa area of the Danbatta Local Government Area of Kano State during Wednesday’s downpour.

The Information Officer of Danbatta LGA, Nura Umar, who confirmed the incident, said two girls and a boy drowned as a result of the flood that accompanied the heavy rain.

He added, “The flood also affected Fagwalawa, Makera, Turu and Unguwar Mahuta communities and destroyed properties.”

The acting Chairman of Danbatta LG, Musa Danbatta, while donating some relief materials during a visit to the affected areas, sympathised with the families, friends and relatives of the deceased, praying that Allah would grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

Also, in another tragic incident, the Kano State Fire Service confirmed the death of a 12-year-old boy, Ismaila Safiyanu, who drowned, while bathing in a pond in Sharada Kwanar Maijego in Kano State.

The spokesperson for the fire service in the state, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, who confirmed the incident, said it occurred when the deceased went to take his bath on Thursday.

He said the service received a distress call from one Mallam Jamilu Yahaya that Safiyanu’s body was found floating in the pond.

Mohammed said, “When the unit’s rescue team arrived at the scene, Safiyanu was found dead. The body of the deceased has since been handed over to the police.”

See more here; http://gistmore.com/flood-sweeps-away-three-kids-during-kano-downpour

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by GistMore3: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by starbuck(f): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
It's like rained heavily across the country today

RIP to the kids

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by Topmaike007(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2019
Na wa oo everyday for naija na bad news
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by ibkgab001: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2019
Lord have mercy
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by Kingosytex(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2019
R.I.P to the kids.
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by egojiokwu(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2019
I can't understand.

How will somebody fold hands watching his/her child get drown?

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by Bukden16(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2019
Finally ,

I

Am

Back...
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by darlenese(f): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2019
when will it sweep Aso rock and all the evil politicians ?

poor innocent children . rip

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by iammo(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2019
RIP to the kids

If it had happened in south east, i would have suggested a search at the local baby factory close by

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by Toscarel: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2019
This is sad, their parents must be traumatized

Could be attributed to poor drainage, and methods of waste diposal
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by MyGeneration(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2019
but the picture is not Kano, thats Rivers state.

Nkpolu junction Was west Road.

that's what they are suffering over there

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by AdonaiAluminium: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2019
Sad news! Pls parents should always make sure their kids don't go out without adults especially in flood prone areas this rainy season .may God Grant them the fortitude to bear the great loss

Contact us for your Polyurethane insulated roofing sheets and panels and all roofing jobs and roof maintenance services etc
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by HoldenCaulfield(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2019
RIP to the kids, Gandollars see your doing.
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:43am On Aug 24, 2019
Wow so sad. Rio to the kids.
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by Passionate888: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2019
Sad...
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by olaszydaruma(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2019
This is really sad. My heart is with the parents of the departed soul. RIP angels
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by vibre: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2019
That's good news, they have left this hell fire called Nigeria to go and stay in heaven
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by money121(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2019
Rip
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by TruthinAction: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2019
Just get connected with God through Christ and he will deliver you from every evil.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by ikombe: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2019
Contact me for your Gym and Exercise equipment both Home and Commercial Use

check my signature and profile for more info.

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by willexyaho(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ok

Gaduje why?
Re: Flood Sweeps Away Three Kids During Kano Downpour by incentive: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hmm! I pray God will give the involved family's the fortitude to bear the lost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App / I Need Assistance To Get My Certificate Attested ( Legalize ) / Aero Airline Keeps Passengers Stranded In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.