Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App (13095 Views)

Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport / Driving With Hands-free Illegal In Nigeria — FRSC / Driver Caught Driving With No Steering Wheel While Sitting On A Bucket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Ennyholar: 10:31am On Aug 17, 2022
In Lagos today, incessant traffic, road hazards, traffic violations, and disregard for the lives and property of other road users are par for the course. Many fatal accidents have been borne out of numerous avoidable traffic violations. That is why Whistle was born.

Whistle is the first and only app that helps citizens validate vehicle paperwork, escalate accidents and traffic disruptions, and report traffic violations – and pays them for reporting.

With the Whistle app, users are able to:

Report dangerous vehicles and dangerous driving

Report traffic congestion and get the appropriate authorities to clear bottlenecks

Report Accidents to secure aid for accident victims and ensure the road is clear for smooth traffic

Flag vehicles driving with expired paperwork and instantly notify authorities to issue fines where applicable
With the Whistle.

The first app of its kind in CivicTech, part of what makes Whistle unique is that the app has an integrated virtual wallet that houses the rewards Whistlers receive for sending in reports.

This means that for reporting a vehicle without valid papers for instance, the Whistler will earn a share of the fines paid by erring road user. Every report submitted by a Whistler is backed by picture or video evidence which is seamlessly escalated to the appropriate authorities to provide a swift resolution.

Any Nigerian will be able to quickly alert the authorities to vehicles that are likely to cause carnage on the roads. The submissions will automatically provide the responding officers with the precise location of the dangerous vehicle. Alerts for traffic congestion and will work in a similar fashion.

The strength of the app lies in crowdsourced information, connecting the citizens with the law enforcement agencies that will ensure sanity is re-introduced to the roads.

The app is currently only available on Google Play store, and the Whistle team assure that the ios version is in the works.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Nuelng: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
Wow, this is such an amazing innovation... Great work

7 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Jayjerjay: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
I am so downloading the app and telling my friends about it, enough of complaining about rough drivers daily when I can easily report them now...

4 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Mimiko3: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is extra dope and it even comes with an earning reward, super dope, kudos to the innovators

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by mark2020prince: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
A good one I must say. Innovation that will help this country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by AyodejiFelix(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is a great development. The app will help in calling Citizens to order.

7 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by EinsteinAyo(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
This innovation will help in curbing crimes that are being perpetrated by some unscrupulous elements. I will give it a try by downloading the app

3 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by OladapoF(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2022
It's my belief that Whistle will not disappoint in rewarding Citizens accordingly as promised.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Dkdworldwide: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
With the way this country is going, this is the best thing that should be on your phone

2 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by lordcrafts: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2022
Good one. This wil really help lagos drivers…

1 Like

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by wonderaches(f): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
You too can own your own mobile app or product.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Ancecoker(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
angry
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by GhostPhoenix(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
Hello

Would you like to know the most important factors that affect the success of relationships?

Please help us to fill this survey as we want to analyze the opinion of thousands of people to get the factor(s) that they regard as the most important. We promise to share the result of the survey to you.

Here's the link to the survey:

https://forms.gle/GrQF64LmN35iX4159

Thanks a lot.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Tayvino: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is beautiful development.

1 Like

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2022
Yo that’s tight son

Don’t roll with me like that thou cuz if I catch you in the traffic I’ma whack you
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by ironheart(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nice idea
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Konjiboii: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2022
cheesy paid commenters na him just full the FP. While you all are praising the app I can also see how it could be manipulated.

22 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by jimetagambo: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2022
So what now happens after reporting?
Does the app record video/pictures of the incident (which is distracted driving on it's own and a traffic offence on it's own).
Does the video get sent to some FRSC or Vehicle inspection databases?
Will the FRSC be able to track down an offending vehicle?

The reporting accident and traffic build up at least is useful although google maps already has that feature.

9 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by ChocolateWine(f): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2022
Konjiboii:
cheesy paid commenters na him just full the FP. While you all are praising the app I can also see how it could be manipulated.

Like use it to target your enemy or report the wrong person angry

8 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by stano2(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
If I report Wetin go happen
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Konjiboii: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
ChocolateWine:

Like use it to target your enemy or report the wrong person angry

Exactly.
Plus do you notice the OP is literally the same person posting comments.

Chocolate and wine while engage in activities on your profile picture won't be a bad idea actually.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by chimpad: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nice one! But still not the best. There shouldn't be any situation where people are made to openly snitch on fellow citizens for money. This could cause problems. When the app becomes popular, people will resist others taking pictures/ videos of their plates. It's meant for the lazy authorities to do that themselves.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by nakaman: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2022
I go report both the good, the bad and the ugly since there's monetary gains grin
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by AutoChick4U(f): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
Konjiboii:
Good you noticed
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Doubleoh7: 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
Great business opportunity. Na to download and begin snap and send all vehicles for lagos be that. I just hope that when I snap and send those convoys of politicians with their reckless driving and traffic infractions, you people will really fine them

3 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by DJSNAKE: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2022
WILL IT WORK ?
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by gadgethead: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Here are some

2 Likes

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Buffalo2(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
It remains the one to monitor and report erring Police Officers. Ben Hundeying alone cannot have all the reports

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. / Twelve(12) Pathways To Relocate To Canada This Year / WES Evaluation (canada) #help A Novice#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.