Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. (1241 Views)

El-rufai Demolished Churches In Kaduna States (photos) / Maiduguri EYN Church Members Still Worship At The Demolished Premises (photos) / Master Builder Global Church Demolished By Enugu Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Manchester00: 6:48am On Aug 24, 2019
It was a horror for Muslim faithfulls last week when a bulldozer came without notice and start to destroys a mosque which is the biggest in rivers state, one of the mosque official who spoke on the issue said that we received several threats from the government that they will demolish because it did not follow due process from the beginning.
But the government was the one who issue the approval for the mosque to be build there, we have all our documents pertaining that mosque but we don't know whether the governor who said earlier that rivers state belongs to Christians means that he will start the destruction of mosque
. Another official who spoke said that we plead with the officials and showed them all the documents but they still demolished the mosque without even going through the documents, indeed wike told us earlier that rivers state is a Christian state.

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by mamdanju: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2019
If this happens to a church in any Muslim dominated state there would have been screaming headline on Christian's persecution in all the major news media. The hypocrisy is just too much in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by daddytime(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2019
Wow...hope this won't be drawing some reprisals.

Badly timed and insensitive I must say.

Wike should be busy ending the endless and incessant killings going on in the Rivers flowing with blood on a daily.

Common

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by otipoju(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2019
This one is really strong.
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Chepos1(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2019
This isn't gud at all
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by TUANKU(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2019
I wish they would do this to every mosque and church in Nigeria and replace them with schools, hospitals, innovation hubs and factories. These are tangible things that can help they country develop, you cannot pray and infrastructures like roads, schools, hospitals will appear.
The most religious countries on earth are among the poorest (eg Nigeria, Bangladesh, Haiti).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by suprememoney(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2019
I'm a Christian and i totally condemn this act. This is one of the reason I'm tired of religion this days. Because those who claim to be serving their master go extreme. What if at the last day, we find out that God is not pleased with these things we are doing all in his name?

Please, There should be tolerance. Live your own and allow others to live also. Everybody can not be the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2019
This OP is a dubious character.

The building I'm seeing in that picture can't be the biggest mosque in Rivers. You didn't even say "one of the biggest".

Again, that building I'm seeing bulldozed, is so close to the road which is hazardous to both the faithfuls who worship in that mosque and to commutters.

And it is untrue that Wike just woke up and sent bulldozer there without prior notice.

Again, Op, you are dubious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 24, 2019
TUANKU:
I wish they would do this to every mosque and church in Nigeria and replace them with schools, hospitals, innovation hubs and factories. These are tangible things that can help they country develop, you cannot pray and infrastructures like roads, schools, hospitals will appear.
The most religious countries on earth are among the poorest (eg Nigeria, Bangladesh, Haiti).

What if there is God?

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Baruchgy(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2019
Finally! a governor who can't overlook the Muslims,is here, God is not dead he is alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by okosodo: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2019
A
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by TUANKU(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2019
Awol1:

What if there is God?

I did not question the existence of God, i was talking about religion the ultimate control tool that thrives on fear.
Remove the fear of hell fire out the equation and watch many people say bye to church and worship.
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by TUANKU(m): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Awol1:

What if there is God?

This your picture though, who made those kids wear that? The tailor should be charged for abuse grin grin grin
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by joseph1832(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2019
This is what you get when Muslims in the north misbehave by thinking they're the only ones who have a religion to protect.
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by DateMynd44(m): 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
TUANKU:
you're an atheist and u need to repent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
mamdanju:
If this happens to a church in any Muslim dominated state there would have been screaming headline on Christian's persecution in all the major news media. The hypocrisy is just too much in this country

Go rebuild your mosque inside Sambisa Forest.

Boko Haram needs to hear your gospel grin
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Manchester00:
It was a horror for Muslim faithfulls last week when a bulldozer came without notice and start to destroys a mosque which is the biggest in rivers state, one of the mosque official who spoke on the issue said that we received several threats from the government that they will demolish because it did not follow due process from the beginning.
But the government was the one who issue the approval for the mosque to be build there, we have all our documents pertaining that mosque but we don't know whether the governor who said earlier that rivers state belongs to Christians means that he will start the destruction of mosque
. Another official who spoke said that we plead with the officials and showed them all the documents but they still demolished the mosque without even going through the documents, indeed wike told us earlier that rivers state is a Christian state.
Tell us the truth stop padding lies
Re: Governor Wike Demolished The Biggest Mosque In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 25, 2019
Awol1:
This OP is a dubious character.

The building I'm seeing in that picture can't be the biggest mosque in Rivers. You didn't even say "one of the biggest".

Again, that building I'm seeing bulldozed, is so close to the road which is hazardous to both the faithfuls who worship in that mosque and to commutters.

And it is untrue that Wike just woke up and sent bulldozer there without prior notice.

Again, Op, you are dubious.
Thanks for your comment,the mosque is too close to the road,that's how they block federal roads for jumat and eid prayers (Masaka and mararaba in NASARAWA state,Wuse market,
The last Sallah was worst cause they blocked both lane of a dualized road for eid prayer

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus Humbles World Religion And Exposes Their Weakness / VIDEO: Wearing Face Masks Will Kill You, Is Satanic - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / The Power To Sin No More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.