Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap (77256 Views)

This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) / See Cobra Snake Caught Live In My Farm Today In Nasarawa: Video/photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
Patented:
[Qq wequote author=Kalixx post=81567241]

A forest Cobra can reach 10 ft bruv. Just Google it and see, check images too.

Alright bro
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by TIDDOLL(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
Patented:
Cobra yes, king No, those are limited to Asia. More likely to be the forest Cobra
[/b]Thank you, was going to debunk that too.
WThis is a very long forest Cobra, probably the longest i have ever seen, definitely not a King Cobra though!![b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Legendguru: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
hmm
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by ehemwhy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Patented:
Cobra yes, king No, those are limited to Asia. More likely to be the forest Cobra

That's how they said Nigerian Lions were extinct , until one of the conservation bodies caught one on camera in yankari ...that's a king cobra

3 Likes

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Baroba(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
Patented:

I think for his mind this one travelled from India to Naija..smh
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by visijo(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
But can this snake swallow? cool shocked
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by hahn(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
visijo:
But can this snake swallow? cool shocked

Swallow eba?
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by visijo(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
hahn:

Swallow eba?
lol, I mean human being
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Onyi90(m): 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
Uh lala
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by samafooo: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
No king cobra in Nigeria ��
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
daddytime:
This is massively an ancestor for real...

Jesuuuu

Imagine being faced with this sly thing alone in the bush....na to kneel down begin use God beg am for mercy say you no go insult your elders again even for nairaland. grin
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Ikponmwosaemmy: 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2019
dayleke:
Why always "King"?

"Queen Cobra" no dey?

my brother me self want know o
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by JaviJr(m): 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
is that a cobra or a python... just asking tho
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Patented: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
ehemwhy:

That's how they said Nigerian Lions were extinct , until one of the conservation bodies caught one on camera in yankari ...that's a king cobra

This is not about extinction, king Cobras exist in south east Asia alone. Why don't u Google king Cobras and the Forest Cobras....u wld see the light

1 Like

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by VolvoS60(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
This is NOT a king cobra.

It is a mature forest cobra - and an unusually large one at that. Forest cobras are usually black and a defining characteristic is their yellow ventral blotches or patches - particularly around the scales of the head and upper third of the body.

King cobras are not native to Africa. They are not usually black - and defining characteristics are the chevrons running the entire length of their dorsal scales.

This argument should have been put to rest by now. There are far too many threads on here confusing west african forest cobras for king cobras. What is not in doubt is that they are both regal, iconic creatures. It is a pity their natural habitat is shrinking and this is bringing them into direct conflict with human beings.

2 Likes

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by bluefilm: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Are king cobras found in nigeria?
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by themanderon: 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
Patented:

Because the white man told you its only limited to Asia you believe it must be true? Well I have seen evidence of that beast existing right here in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
daddytime:
This is massively an ancestor for real...

Jesuuuu

Imagine being faced with this sly thing alone in the bush....na to kneel down begin use God beg am for mercy say you no go insult your elders again even for nairaland. grin

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by judgementyard(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Location pls.
Food don set grin
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Notime4time: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
See daily bread

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Notime4time: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Meat...for everyone

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Patented: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
themanderon:

Because the white man told you its only limited to Asia you believe it must be true? Well I have seen evidence of that beast existing right here in Africa.

Lol, the white man that made the internet and the phone u are using to type.........yh pretty much. By the way they named the King Cobra tooo.
Every long Cobra na King now............God dey

2 Likes

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
snipesdam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM-kXATZRFQ

Earlier this week a king cobra was caught in my home town with a wire trap. This was an unintentional catch. The wire trap was set to catch a rabbit popularly known as ewii in igbo.

The King Cobra Snake (Ophiophagus hannah) is the largest venomous snake in the world. The King Cobra snake is also perhaps the most dangerous snake in the world where humans are concerned. Under conditions of high prey availability they can reach a length of 18.5 feet. Several people die from the bite of the King Cobra each year. A King Cobra can even kill an elephant.

That is a West African forest cobra.
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by BrokenCock: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
cheesy cheesy
Oblongata:

You get oil for head grin
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by Damfostopper(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
Which King Cobra??

That's a forest cobra,,,, Op stop arguing Nonnsense.......

1 Like

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by XavierD(f): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2019

Black Amber

Most venomous and deadly snake ever.

Look around for its family and kill it before it kills you o.

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by IYANGBALI: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
This one go serve lalasticlala for the next 3 months

1 Like

Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by adeniyi65(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
Newguyhere:

God punish poverty undecided hustle oo make you no go consider cobra as 'food' undecided
Oga.the meat dey sweet if you try test am.nah religion stop me from eating it.
Re: King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap by adeniyi65(m): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Baba na king Cobra be that. Don't know how it got into d country

It enter illegally through Indian ocean forest. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Food Crops Produced In Nigeria..which State? / Panic As Mysterious Beast Kills Animals In Delta State Community. Graphic Photos / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.