Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis (1006 Views)

Dele Alake: Obasanjo’s Mischief And Hypocrisy On Display Again / Video Of Fulanis Caught And Killed In Igangan Today During Counter Attack / Ebonyi Youths Charter 911 For Relocation Of Fulanis That Arrived At Mid Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by SluttanSlayer: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2019
Anytime a crime involving an Igbo person is announced, Yorubas will rush in and condemn the entire Igbo population as criminals but when a violent barbaric act is committed by Fulanis, yorubas will be the first to rush in to exonerate and defend the Fulani criminals.

Why?

Even Tinubu used Evans as both a diversionary and avenue to attack Igbos.

The case of the abduction of Olu Falae by Fulani criminals saw Yorubas on this forum denying that Falae was kidnapped by fulanis and even said it was a welcome development if he was as Falae as they claimed benefited from corruption.

What kind of people are these Yorubas?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by pfadom: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2019
Brain reset recommended!

We don't need to overheat this. We don't need sympathy, but complete moral overhaul. Stop blaming other tribe, address the issues that affect you and your ethnic group.

Is this post meant to divide the nation or address the bad image the arrests has created for Nigeria. Stupid crave for money regardless of the source is killing this country, values and cultures.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Born2Breed(f): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2019
SluttanSlayer:
Anytime a crime involving an Igbo person is announced, Yorubas will rush in and condemn the entire Igbo population as criminals but when a violent barbaric act is committed by Fulanis, yorubas will be the first to rush in to exonerate and defend the Fulani criminals.

Why?

The case of the abduction of Olu Falae by Fulani criminals saw Yorubas on this forum denying that Falae was kidnapped by fulanis and even said it was a welcome development if he was as Falae as they claimed benefited from corruption.

Na today you know.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2019
Afonjas are playing a dangerous game against Igbos. One thing is Igbos have been ignoring them for years despite the evil perpetrated by Awolowo. The day Igbos will make them their enemy, believe me, they will regret themselves.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by kettykin: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2019
Igbo complex, when you feel threatened by every action, activities and transactions of a tribe or people who are smarter, more intelligent, stronger, better endowed, finer,more aggressive and more ambitious.

The vulture will always glee when an eagle falls prey than when a hawk falls prey.

I remember the noise yoruba made when a department in ministry of Aviation bought 2 bullet proof cars because she was igbo and how they became mute when the former Lagos governor used 2 bullion billion vans to ferry cash and how they have ceaselessly accused Alameseigha and James ibori if being looters but twist their mouths when Tinubu is mentioned

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Stingman: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2019
pfadom:
Brain reset recommended!

We don't need to overheat this. We don't need sympathy, but complete moral overhaul. Stop blaming other tribe, address the issues that affect you and your ethnic group.

Is this post meant to divide the nation or address the bad image the arrests has created for Nigeria. Stupid crave for money regardless of the source is killing this country, values and cultures.

...have you addressed your own issue of rape and skull mining?

You will soon mention Evans...but will forget Wadume very quick because he is not Igbo. That's what the OP is drawing your attention to.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Kingosytex(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2019
Igbos are the most hated people in this whole world. I always tell people around me that crime knows no tribe. There are criminals in every known tribe, those who don't have criminals in their tribe should quote me and tell me the tribe, i would be glad to marry from there.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Stingman: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2019
Kingosytex:
Igbos are the most hated people in this whole world. I always tell people around me that crime knows no tribe. There are criminals in every known tribe, those who don't have criminals in their tribe should quote me and tell me the tribe, i would be glad to marry from there.

Igbo hatred has nothing to do with all these...It's because they are seen to be successful be most people in the world..See..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Sowell, a Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University and a renowned scholar on Races and World Economies wrote that, "Most of the great mindless slaughters of the 20th century -- whether of the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire, the kulaks in the Soviet Union, the Jews in Germany, the I[g]bo in Nigeria or the Tamils in Sri Lanka -- have been slaughters of those who dramatically eclipsed the accomplishments of others."

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Elsanchez: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2019
The thing is that the 'Yahoo' business is not peculiar to any tribe

I remember when dammy Krane, sauce kid and even naira marley was arrested in the USA,

igbos did not start describing the yorubas as criminals as you have the yorubas doing nonchalantly

I will say this, he who laffs last laffs best

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by dangermouse(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Crime cuts across ethnic and religious devides in Nigeria and other countries.

Crime is not a tribal thing as some people would like to portray it..

Say to to tribalism!
Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by exclusive2019: 11:46am On Aug 24, 2019
Admin, please remove this thread and temporarily ban the poster. The thread is against rule number 2 and 3
Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Toroso: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
How often have you seen northerners on NL insulting Tinubu Yoruba Fashola n the entire tribe ?! Compare that to how often foolish PDP supporters n Ipob insult the entire Yoruba tribe n it leaders daily n tell us why you alone deserve the monopoly to insult others ?
SluttanSlayer:

Why?

Here is an example, so you understand Igbos have been insulting Yoruba withou Yoruba paying them in their own coin.

https://www.nairaland.com/3902001/chi-onwurahs-rejection-nigerian-citizenry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by knowledgeable: 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kingosytex:

This is exactly what the logic the OP is trying to bring out at bare. The Yoruba hate/evil/even preponderance to aid in genocide against the Igbos ( which they partook in the past) have destroyed their own essence of existence. If you are in dout, just look at the state of hopelessness in the country as a whole (including the SW). You brought in Buhari because of this hate. I don't defend Igbo criminality, but it can not be separated from the tragic history of Nigeria, of which at the heart of it all is the suicidal hate/evil of Yorubas toward the Igbos. From that hate, you see the Igbos as the most hated tribe in the world, but one question I will leave you with is this...... Can you imagine, what the Yorubas could have done to the Igbos, if the Igbos have being at the helm of the Nigerian presidency for over 80% of Nigerian history, unprovokedly killed millions of Nigeria, stole her common wealth, destroy farmlands, rape/kill their victims with no mercy, kidnap etc. What do you think the Yorubas could have done to the Igbos if Igbos we're solely responsible to have brought a great African civilization country to a riot?. The Yorubas inability to reconcile these realities will ultimately lead to a bleak future for the whole African continent.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Guestlander: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
kettykin:
Igbo complex, when you feel threatened by every action, activities and transactions of a tribe or people who are smarter, more intelligent, stronger, better endowed, finer,more aggressive and more ambitious.

The vulture will always glee when an eagle falls prey than when a hawk falls prey.

I remember the noise yoruba made when a department in ministry of Aviation bought 2 bullet proof cars because she was igbo and how they became mute when the former Lagos governor used 2 bullion billion vans to ferry cash and how they have ceaselessly accused Alameseigha and James ibori if being looters but twist their mouths when Tinubu is mentioned

What a load of bullshit. Being at the top of every crime statistics is an evidence of foolishness.
Who isn't threatened by criminals? Why should FBI go after you if you are not a menace to the society?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Guestlander: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
kenwhawha:
Afonjas are playing a dangerous game against Igbos. One thing is Igbos have been ignoring them for years despite the evil perpetrated by Awolowo. The day Igbos will make them their enemy, believe me, they will regret themselves.

Why do you always blame others for your own actions?
Invictus Obi
FBI and the infamous 80
Tobechi Onwuhara
Emmanuel Nwude
And the list goes on and on. You need to start taking responsibility for your own actions.

And for your threats.........empty chest beating as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Guestlander: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
knowledgeable:

This is exactly what the logic the OP is trying to bring out at bare. The Yoruba hate/evil/even preponderance to aid in genocide against the Igbos ( which they partook in the past) have destroyed their own essence of existence. If you are in dout, just look at the state of hopelessness in the country as a whole (including the SW). You brought in Buhari because of this hate. I don't defend Igbo criminality, but it can not be separated from the tragic history of Nigeria, of which at the heart of it all is the suicidal hate/evil of Yorubas toward the Igbos. From that hate, you see the Igbos as the most hated tribe in the world, but one question I will leave you with is this...... Can you imagine, what the Yorubas could have done to the Igbos, if the Igbos have being at the helm of the Nigerian presidency for over 80% of Nigerian history, unprovokedly killed millions of Nigeria, stole her common wealth, destroy farmlands, rape/kill their victims with no mercy, kidnap etc. What do you think the Yorubas could have done to the Igbos if Igbos we're solely responsible to have brought a great African civilization country to a riot?. The Yorubas inability to reconcile these realities will ultimately lead to a bleak future for the whole African continent.

Yoruba have absolutely no reason to hate you. Yoruba did not vote for Buhari to spite anyone, Jonathan was simply incompetent and besides Jonathan is Ijaw, not Ibo. And Yoruba played a huge part in making him president in the first place.
Nnamdi Kanu started a radio, unprovoked and started making hate speeches against Yoruba, many Ibos on this website either supported him or kept quiet.
Northerners are frequently called different derogatory names and it seems alright with a lot of you. You need to look in the mirror to see where the hate is coming from.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by kettykin: 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
Guestlander:

What a load of bullshit. Being at the top of every crime statistics is an evidence of foolishness.
Who isn't threatened by criminals? Why should FBI go after you if you are not a menace to the society?
What a bunch of selective amnesia, you choose to believe whole heartedly this message of 80 criminals from Nigeria arrested for fraud but when it comes another report same United states profiling igbos as the most intelligent black race you start with foaming doubts from your mouths
https://www.nairaland.com/3038382/igbos-most-brilliant-black-africa

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Guestlander: 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
kettykin:

What a bunch of selective amnesia, you choose to believe whole heartedly this message of 80 criminals from Nigeria arrested for fraud but when it comes another report same United states profiling igbos as the most intelligent black race you start with foaming doubts from your mouths
https://www.nairaland.com/3038382/igbos-most-brilliant-black-africa

There's nothing like a race of brilliant people. There are brilliant and foolish people in any given population. I don't pay attention to bullshit like that. Where is the evidence of this intelligence? If Ibos are the most brilliant black people the evidence should be there for all to see.
The way your society is organized
Your contributions to scientific discovery and innovations
The leadership you provide in other areas of human endeavor, etc.
And all of this must be far ahead of all other black population in the world. But there's no evidence of that, except the bullshit you always like to feed yourself with.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
So una dey take these awolowo people serious...

Haaaaaaaaaa

Una get time ooo
Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Perkins2018: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
And you didn’t see Igbo hypocrisy by labeling kidnappers Fulani but don’t want to label igbos as criminals?

You are a hypocrite yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by tunjiajayi: 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
kenwhawha:

Usual yamree mouthing off.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Quorax: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Stingman:

Igbo hatred has nothing to do with all these...It's because they are seen to be successful be most people in the world..See..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Sowell, a Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University and a renowned scholar on Races and World Economies wrote that, "Most of the great mindless slaughters of the 20th century -- whether of the Armenians in the Ottoman Empire, the kulaks in the Soviet Union, the Jews in Germany, the I[g]bo in Nigeria or the Tamils in Sri Lanka -- have been slaughters of those who dramatically eclipsed the accomplishments of others."

What's the name of the book this was extracted from?
Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by YorubaHero12: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
kenwhawha:

How can you write such an incoherent speech and think you made sense with such directionless post.

The Yorubas have always tried as much as they can to separate themselves from other tribes and we have learnt to either succeed in our SW or travel abroad for success.

If not for the nomadic lifestyle of the Igbo, and the constant influx of you guys to the SW, do you think we will ever have anything to do with you guys?

Go to Ibadan, Ogun, and Lagos, the Igbo keep migrating en masse to the SW region and yet you complain about the Yorubas playing dangerous game with the Igbos, what kind of game if I may ask?

You guys are hypocrites, you always blame herdsmen killing on all the Fulani ethnic group not thinking about the fact that there are fulanis that are doctors, nurses, engineers, e.t.c. Anytime a Fulani herdsmen strikes you call the whole fulanis cows and unprintable names.

Why are you now crying when people does thesame to you, the fraudulent 80 are Igbo Yahoo Boys. Face that fact and stop justifying the crime.

Tomorrow if a Yoruba man engage in fraudulent act in that manner I will myself call them by their names and not try absolving them of the blame.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Ejorchris: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
pfadom:
Brain reset recommended!

Re: Yoruba Hypocrisy On Stereptyping Of Igbos Vs That Of Fulanis by Ejorchris: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=Ejorchris post=81569880][/quote]hw many yorubas is going to be executed in Saudi Arabia soon,stop this rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Markets In Asaba To Shut Down To Honor Civil War Massacre Victims / buhari Reacts As Police Discover Torture Center In His Village / Photo: Pres. Buhari Celebrates 30 Years Marriage Anniversary With Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.