Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Please Advise Me On This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise Me On This. (1592 Views)

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2019
In my neighborhood where I live. There is this 10yrs old girl I always see hawking yams and tomaoes during the school hours. I made inquiry to know who is the father of the girl and why the girl is not going to school because I newly parked in. My neighbours hinted me that, the father of the little girl married another woman and the woman forbids the little girl from living with them. I was told her father and the first wife parted ways. They have two girls. While the wife left with the elder one, the father went with the younger one. I was further told that the girl has been staying with his father going to school. That the father was taking good care of the girl until he found the second wife he is marrying now. The woman in question has four kids. I don't know if the husband is late or they separated. After marrying the woman, he took her daughter along to live with the woman in her house built by her. These did not go down well with the woman as she started maltreating the poor girl accusing her of witchcraft. Her father took her back to where he previously rented a one room self con and was living with his her. One thing led to another, the girl stopped going to school. The father visits her once in a while to drop some money for her for her feeding. One of their neighbors, a woman took advantage of her situation and turned her to a slave because she gives her foods. While her children are going to school, the girl is helping her to hawk yams and tomatoes. Meanwhile, the man's rent had expired and he is left with no other option than to send her daughter back to the village. The poor girl has insisted that she does not want to go back to the village, that she wants go to school. After hearing all these, I approached my wife to bring the girl to me let me interview her. I was amazed that the girl speaks English fluently and very sharp. I asked her if she would like to live with us and continue her school, she did not hesitate to say yes. I then met one of my neighbors who has her father's no and collected the no. I called the man to come that I have something to discuss with him. When he came, we introduced ourselves. I discovered that we work in same company but different department. I queried him on why he allow a small girl like this to be on the streets hawking while others are in school? The man started talking trash how he got married to his first wife, how she left him with their first daughter to how he married the second one whom he accused of casting a spell on him to marry her bla bla. To cut the story short, I told the man that I would like her daughter to be staying us so that She will continue her school next term. He accepted and
we fixed a date to discuss further. I told him that I would like the girl to stay with us for three days so I can access her. He agreed. When I came back from work, my wife told me that the woman giving her yams to hawk came to our house fomenting troubles, calling the girl all sorts or names. I said to my wife, that is not a case, the woman is only pained that she won't see the girl again to be used for hawking, she should start using her daughters instead. Since I would be parking to another town, I told the father that its good considering that the little time she was left unattended to, she might have mixed up with bad friends. This is going to three weeks now that I parked, her father has not deemed it necessary to visit us at least, to know where her daughter is staying and how she is fairing. He is doing shift work and he has off days. The other day, the girl was crying and when I asked her what was the matter, she said her father has not come to see her. My wife said I should call her father to come. I said no, that I will rather make out time to see him at his place of work and blast him. My wife suggested that we should take the girl back because of her father's I don't care attitude. I said no. Whatever we are doing is for the girl and not her father. Please what do you people suggest I should I do? Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Elsanchez: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2019
The father is wayward and doesn't really care for the daughter

For me, I think you should continue the good work you have started

10 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Firstly, thank you sir for rendering great help to the little girl, may the good Lord continue to bless you abundantly for this, amen.

Pls continue to help her regardless of what the irresponsible father is doing, my question now is, how come the girl's mother never asked of her for once or checked up on her? Some people are not meant to be parents at all.

13 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Firstly, thank you sir for rendering great help to the little girl, may the good Lord continue to bless you abundantly for this, amen.
Some people are not meant to be parents at all.

I swear
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by madridguy(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2019
Firstly, May God bless you, your wife and accept your good deed as act of worship.

You don't need this, just take the girl to see him and if possible get the contact of the mother so the girl can be seeing her mother. I said no, that I will make out time to see him at his place of work and blast him.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Laird(m): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
Op thank You for your kind heart.

Please get a letter of consent form the father Oooo. Please for.legal.purposes.

Thank You

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Resurgent2016: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
@montanaguy, I pray you reap blessings even as you have sought to bless a child whom many have deserted.

However, please have the child's guardian (can't call the imp a father) sign a document assigning custody to you so your good deed is not misinterpreted in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. If he refuses to sign, let him know you may not be able to keep the child under your roof and you'll have him reported to the police if she is neglected again.

12 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
Laird:
Thank You
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Thanks very much. You just confirmed my wife's fear and why she is insisting that we take her back. I will invite the father over it.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
Resurgent2016:
@montanaguy, I pray you reap blessings even as you have sought to bless a child whom many have deserted.

However, please have the child's guardian (can't call the imp a father) sign a document assigning custody to you so your good deed is not misinterpreted in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. If he refuses to sign, let him know you may not be able to keep the child under your roof and you'll have him reported to the police if she is neglected again.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Thanks so much. I am already thinking towards that direction. God bless you.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Tallesty1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Don't take the daughter back to his father and don't blast the father at work. In life, do things to satisfy your conscience not to please people.

Since you saw her and become troubled by what she's going through at her age, and the human side of you convinced you to take her in which you have done, it's just right that you continue what you've started because that's what will make you happy.

Assuming she doesn't have a dad, would you have you refused to take her?

Now ask yourself, the life she was living when you first saw her, is it like someone who has a father? Why did her old man suddenly become so important.

There's something Don Jazzy said recently, do you and leave the rest.

You want to help so help, if her Dad doesn't appreciate, I am sure she will and even if she doesn't, deep down you will be happy because helping her is something you want to do.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tallesty1:
Don't take the daughter back to his father and don't blast the father at work. In life, do things to satisfy your conscience not to please people.

Since you saw her and become troubled by what she's going through at her age, and the human side of you convinced you to take her in which you have done, it's just right that you continue what you've started because that's what will make you happy.

Assuming she doesn't have a dad, would you have you refused to take her?

Now ask yourself, the life she was living when you first saw her, is it like someone who has a father? Why did her old man suddenly become so important.

There's something Don Jazzy said recently, do you and leave the rest.

You want to help so help, if her Dad doesn't appreciate, I am sure she will and even if she doesn't, deep down you will be happy because helping her is something you want to do.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Like some people suggested that I should get a letter of consent from her father and that is what I intend doing. What is fueling my Wife's fear is that, he can decide to be funny should something go wrong which we pray should not based on his attitude.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
madridguy:
Firstly, May God bless you, your wife and accept your good deed as act of worship.

You don't need this, just take the girl to see him and if possible get the contact of the mother so the girl can be seeing her mother. I said no, that I will make out time to see him at his place of work and blast him.

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by montanaguy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Richy4(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
I'm just curious.. Do Nigeria have people working as social workers? have anyone encountered one before? I just want to know..

@ OP.. thanks you for your kindness.. In my opinion, U know that some people were not meant to be fathers.. Going to his house or work place to confront him to check his daughter, is that even what a stranger should remind a father? Is that what u want to be doing every month? .. to tell an adult that it's time for him to check on his daughter? Why do you want to make yourself sad?

Just assume that you have adopted a daughter through default.. I will only add that if u have the means to track her mother down.. it might be better for her to do the visiting.. It will also reunite her with the other sibling.. she might not be well off.. but her daughter can stay at your place while her mother visits..

Once again, Thank you and may God enlarge your coast because of your generosity

7 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by capnies: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
Let the Police and some witnesses confirm the agreement for your safety. Also trace the biological mother of the girl

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by OlawaleBammie: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
montanaguy:
In my neighborhood where I live. There is this 10yrs old girl I always see hawking yams and tomaoes during the school hours. I made inquiry to know who is the father of the girl and why the girl is not going to school because I newly parked in. My neighbours hinted me that, the father of the little girl married another woman and the woman forbids the little girl from living with them. I was told her father and the first wife parted ways. They have two girls. While the wife left with the elder one, the father went with the younger one. I was further told that the girl has been staying with his father going to school. That the father was taking good care of the girl until he found the second wife he is marrying now. The woman in question has four kids. I don't know if the husband is late or they separated. After marrying the woman, he took her daughter along to live with the woman in her house built by her. These did not go down well with the woman as she started maltreating the poor girl accusing her of witchcraft. Her father took her back to where he previously rented a one room self con and was living with his her. One thing led to another, the girl stopped going to school. The father visits her once in a while to drop some money for her for her feeding. One of their neighbors, a woman took advantage of her situation and turned her to a slave because she gives her foods. While her children are going to school, the girl is helping her to hawk yams and tomatoes. Meanwhile, the man's rent had expired and he is left with no other option than to send her daughter back to the village. The poor girl has insisted that she does not want to go back to the village, that she wants go to school. After hearing all these, I approached my wife to bring the girl to me let me interview her. I was amazed that the girl speaks English fluently and very sharp. I asked her if she would like to live with us and continue her school, she did not hesitate to say yes. I then met one of my neighbors who has her father's no and collected the no. I called the man to come that I have something to discuss with him. When he came, we introduced ourselves. I discovered that we work in same company but different department. I queried him on why he allow a small girl like this to be on the streets hawking while others are in school? The man started talking trash how he got married to his first wife, how she left him with their first daughter to how he married the second one whom he accused of casting a spell on him to marry her bla bla. To cut the story short, I told the man that I would like her daughter to be staying us so that She will continue her school next term. He accepted and
we fixed a date to discuss further. I told him that I would like the girl to stay with us for three days so I can access her. He agreed. When I came back from work, my wife told me that the woman giving her yams to hawk came to our house fomenting troubles, calling the girl all sorts or names. I said to my wife, that is not a case, the woman is only pained that she won't see the girl again to be used for hawking, she should start using her daughters instead. Since I would be parking to another town, I told the father that its good considering that the little time she was left unattended to, she might have mixed up with bad friends. This is going to three weeks now that I parked, her father has not deemed it necessary to visit us at least, to know where her daughter is staying and how she is fairing. He is doing shift work and he has off days. The other day, the girl was crying and when I asked her what was the matter, she said her father has not come to see her. My wife said I should call her father to come. I said no, that I will rather make out time to see him at his place of work and blast him. My wife suggested that we should take the girl back because of her father's I don't care attitude. I said no. Whatever we are doing is for the girl and not her father. Please what do you people suggest I should I do? Thanks.
ur wife is indeed a great woman, she's a mother, pls take good care of her. if its another woman she wouldn't hav allowed u to bring her in with u guys, kudos to her.

To d issue, just forget about blastin the unserious father, anytime the poor girl is having the feeling of seeing her father just try ur best to make it hapen for her and return her back home.

U never knw wat the future/destiny wil speak in d future, fostering the girl might be the greatest favour u could do urself in d near future wen d girl finaly come of age and forget about her father or mother but take u and ur wife as her parent totally, dat is wen u wil b reaping the fruit hence forgetting the fact dat she was accidentally adopted by u.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by larryking540: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Pls continue to help her regardless of what the irresponsible father is doing, my question now is, how come the girl's mother never asked of her for once or checked up on her? Some people are not meant to be parents at all.

at all o,not every adult is fit to be a parent,
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Nigga44: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
@Poster.......you have a good heart and I thank you for your selflessness. What you are doing now is what I intend to do sometime in the near future.

However you must completely try to forget about the useless father. Let him decide to visit anytime he wants. Don't force him. But to completely protect yourself, you need to make this a LEGAL adoption. It's quite easy to do when a child is facing a dire situation as this. You won't spend a kobo.

You only have to contact the 'ministry of women and gender affairs' in your state. They always need people like you and will be happy to help. First they may interview the parents before the officials visit your home for inspection and paper work. After that their lawyers start a court process and you may need to appear in court for a day to swear an affidavit that you'll take care of the child. The final paper work is completed and the child is LEGALLY yours. No matter what happens in the future, you're completely exonerated as you now over-see her affairs as a legal guardian. This process is not hard at all once the real parents are dead or irresponsible. Since the father is a buffon and you're willing to help, I'm encouraging you to please go ahead in the name of God.

Thank you and God bless you abundantly.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by lilytender: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
montanaguy:

I envy you, I really envy you because God is currently so happy with you. You will be surprised how much God will blessed you not just materially but in all ramifications. You have done very well. The father is very irresponsible and no matter what you tell him, he will not change. If you are chanced, you can take the girl to your office once in a month to see her irresponsible father.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by sisisioge: 7:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Wow! May God in His infinite mercy bless you and everything you call yours in multiple folds. May help come to you even without elicitation. May your seeds be nurtured even in your absence. May your shine never fade. May abundance be your lot. May your years be filled with joy immeasurable. Thank you...thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Efewestern: 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
God bless you and your wife, that's all I have to say.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by OmoAlata1(f): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
I am so happy with what you and your family are doing. This girl needs all the love and support she can get and she is very lucky to have you and your wife.

Please follow the advise of the other people by making it legal so you and your wife can become her legal parents. It will protect your family so useless father can't come back in the future to have claim over the girl’s success.

Forget about that father, he will only continue to break you and that girl’s heart. You are her father now and you wife is her mom. Don't go out of you way to look for him.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Mstick: 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
Something similar happened to me early this year, I decided to take the girl in and even promised to send her to school. When the step mother came to my house and saw the building she told me to also carry her own daughter, I told her I couldn't.

Next thing she and her husband turned my house to CBN, today money for her father's burial next day money to start business. I couldn't take it anymore I just gave them back their child.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kudos to you and your wife, OP.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by TheeDetective: 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
What a kind deed you and your wife are showing this little girl. May you and your family also find helpers in time of need. As others have mentioned, if you are going to live with this little girl, note these things below;

1) Get a lawyer for you to sign papers with her father so as to become her legal guardian;
2) Get the governmental authority involved (possibly the women affairs ministry, they are usually interested in negligible cases of children) so that if it ever goes to any court matter the authorities would already be aware of this situation; and
3) Get the contact of the girls biological mother so that she is aware of what is happening and what you intend to do on a legal basis as she may not be aware that her child is being neglected by her biological father.

Once you have gotten the above steps then you should be good to go and help this child as much as you can. Help her to achieve her desire to go to school if you are able to do so.

Thank you very much once again for your kind-heartedness.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 25, 2019
May God bless you for this. However, be very careful.
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Acidosis(m): 3:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Enough have been said. God bless you OP. Please don't ignore the recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Rubbiish(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2019
Laird:

Thank You
Op instead of going there to blast d father, a letter of consent is what u should get, u already know d type of man he is. Pls get a legal backup to her staying with u, it is very important should increase of sth untoward happens. Please keep helping d little girl, u are d helper God have assigned to help her.

cc
montanaguy
Re: Please Advise Me On This. by Rubbiish(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2019
TheeDetective:

1) Get a lawyer for you to sign papers with her father so as to become her legal guardian;
2) Get the governmental authority involved (possibly the women affairs ministry, they are usually interested in negligible cases of children) so that if it ever goes to any court matter the authorities would already be aware of this situation; and
3) Get the contact of the girls biological mother so that she is aware of what is happening and what you intend to do on a legal basis as she may not be aware that her child is being neglected by her biological father.

Once you have gotten the above steps then you should be good to go and help this child as much as you can. Help her to achieve her desire to go to school if you are able to do so.

Thank you very much once again for your kind-heartedness.
cc
montanaguy

The bold is extremely important
And please keep helping d little girl
Thank u so much
God will reward u certainly

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Could Speak To Your Younger Self, What Would You Say To Him Or Her? / How My Sweet Husband Changed After Two Years Of Marriage- Please Advise / How The Community Youths In My Village Destroyed My Mother's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.