Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,605 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

First Job Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Job Abroad (1231 Views)

Job Abroad / Summer Job Abroad Before Nysc / What Was Your First Job Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Job Abroad by sophy09: 12:52am On Oct 24, 2010
I am sure most people who traveled abroad to live, work or study have a lot to say about the job they did when they first came abroad. For me my first job abroad was a sales associate in a fashion store. After many interviews and rejection, a friend told me that I had to lie on my resume before I could get a job which I did and I got a job as a Sales Associate although I had to work and study at the same time.

Share you experience with your first job and how you came about it
Re: First Job Abroad by Ikedonn(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2010
My first job abroad was a teaching job.
Re: First Job Abroad by kadman(m): 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2010
Men, living in the UK, I've realized companies are not looking for the smartest graduates, they look for who can tell the tallest stories, and biggest lies.
A company advetises a graduate job specifically saying no experience needed. But during the assessments and interviews they ask, "tell me your experience dealing with a client", "tell me when you had a challenging time at work". I'm like. . Huh ?

But recently added some hot lies on my CV lol, my phone has been ringing with calls. But mostly Sales, Customer Care offers e.t.c. Which I'm not interested in.

But to the main question. My first job which I'm currently doing is a Consulting Internship, which I got by networking on LinkedIn.
Re: First Job Abroad by lao(f): 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2010
kadman:

Men, living in the UK, I've realized companies are not looking for the smartest graduates, they look for who can tell the tallest stories, and biggest lies.
A company advetises a graduate job specifically saying experience needed. But during the assessments and interviews they ask, "tell me your experience dealing with a client", "tell me when you had a challenging time at work". I'm like. . Huh ?

But recently added some hot lies on my CV lol, my phone has been ringing with calls. But mostly Sales, Customer Care offers e.t.c. Which I'm not interested in.

But to the main question. My first job which I'm currently doing is a Consulting Internship, which I got by networking on LinkedIn.

How did yo get a job on LinkedIn, can you please enlighten me on that? Thanks
Re: First Job Abroad by kadman(m): 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2010
lao:

How did yo get a job on LinkedIn, can you please enlighten me on that? Thanks

Well first it's a paid internship not a job, which I got by adding personnels of companies I was interested in.
But you can get a job by adding random recruiters (as many as you can), and building your network. Recruiters normally say when they are hiring, and you should need to show intrest since your CV is your profile.
Re: First Job Abroad by lao(f): 5:43am On Jan 13, 2012
Mine was working as a CSR.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help ! / See The Huge Flood In Scotland That Proves NOT Only In Lagos We See Such / Koredo Bello having fun during is Vacation Holiday In Australia - ( Pics & Vid )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.