Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival (2234 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Threatened Nigeria’s Survival, Made Marketers Rich — TUC / Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) / Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Mazigabriel(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
Between the south-east, south south, south west, and northern nigeria. what geo-political zone has made nigeria successful and made impact to our country.
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by edo3(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
Don't even mention north abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by gidgiddy: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
Mazigabriel:
Between the south-east, south south, south west, and northern nigeria. what geo-political zone has made nigeria successful and made impact to our country.

Who told you Nigeria is successful?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by donbachi(m): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
A man married 4 wives only one bore him a male child,the other three bore him female children...which made the man to have mouth to speak when his mates/men are speaking...today,that man is globally respect,because of her.....and that woman is niger delta(south south).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Mazigabriel:

You post is riddled with disdain and is geographically myopic and I don't approve of it.

If you can mention South east, south south and south west, nothing stops you from mentioning North east, north west and north Central. It should have been okay that way.

Or else you should have plainly written Southern and Northern Nigeria

Also is not lost on me as a student of geography that there is nothing like SOUTH SOUTH and NORTH CENTRAL. You can't find such nonsense in real geography but In Nigeria geography such inane names exist and to tell you how educationally back ward these two zones are, they have professors and intellect in all works of life but all these erudites doesn't realize that in cardinal point issues, they are not found. Nigeria structured them out of bearing whether compass or three digit bearing, they are not there.

10 Likes

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by skyblueking(m): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Are you talking about being successful in crime and fraud??

Then we'll move down to south east!!

Nobody should pop into my mention!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by MKULTRA: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
Since you said impact to "Nigeria" and not it citizens "nigerians" because the nation is not favoring anybody due to its flaw design.

1 South south > its oil wealth main reason why the country is still glued.

2. South west >its a place where everyone gets little comfort and manage to forget bad state of the country which is not even enough.

3. South east > I cant say for south east because most do not desire being part of the country. Most are even located in south west and outside for a place where they can get little comfort from all the bad state of the country.

4.North > if its middle belt then it is food which is not even enough to feed everyone because of the growing population .

The rest of north is like an error or a glitch in a fine app that could have been near perfect.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by psucc(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
The only reason that the north sings the One Nigeria while others chorused is the oil in the south south.

1 Like

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by tobtap: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
south south region ... PERIOD they sustain nigeria cool cool
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nigerianization(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You post is riddled with disdain and is geographically myopic and I don't approve of it.

If you can mention South east, south south and south west, nothing stops you from mentioning North east, north west and north Central. It should have been okay that way.

Also is not lost on me as a student of geography that there is nothing like SOUTH SOUTH and NORTH CENTRAL. You can't find such nonsense in real geography but In Nigeria geography such inane names exist and to tell you how educationally back ward these two zones have, they have professors and intellect in all works of life but all these erudites doesn't realize that in cardinal point issues, they are not found. Nigeria structured them out of bearing whether compass or three digit bearing, they are not there.

I couldn't agree with you any less
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by SIRTee15: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
The answer is south south...
That's the glue keeping this country together...
Forget what u read here....
No Yoruba man or Hausa man loves this country from heart....
It's all about getting a share of the national cake...
Tinubu himself will jump fence if oil dries up n trouble emerges...
The only exception may be people from north central...
Due to the region's multiple heterogeneity and cultural diversity...
Nigeria may be the only form of realistic identity they can call a nation....

3 Likes

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Mazigabriel(m): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Also is not lost on me as a student of geography that there is nothing like SOUTH SOUTH and NORTH CENTRAL. You can't find such nonsense in real geography but In Nigeria geography such inane names exist and to tell you how educationally back ward these two zones have, they have professors and intellect in all works of life but all these erudites doesn't realize that in cardinal point issues, they are not found. Nigeria structured them out of bearing whether compass or three digit bearing, they are not there.

I do not care about the north. they deserve it that way.
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by kettykin: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
MKULTRA:
Since you said impact to "Nigeria" and not it citizens "nigerians" because the nation is not favoring anybody due to its flaw design.

2. South west >its a place where everyone gets little comfort and manage to forget bad state of the country which is not even enough.

3. South east > I cant say for south east because most do not desire being in the country. Most are even located in south west and outside for a place where they can get little comfort from all the bad state of the country.

4.North > if its middle belt then it is food which is not even enough to feed everyone because of the growing population .

The rest of north is like an error or a computer glitch on a fine app that could have been near perfect.

Please what comfort do people get from the South West ?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
Mazigabriel:
I do not care about the north. they deserve it that way.
Then no need creating the thread.
Rise Above Hate.

5 Likes

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by selemempe: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
Well here goes mine

1. SS....because they have oil and oil makes nigeria go round.

2. SW...because they have lagos and lagos is where u can actually make some of all that oil money without much connection

3. SE....because they are the commercial guys and have an egaliterian society that supports upward mobility. It is the region with the least poverty index and they have the highest diaspora population that brings FOREX

4. NE....because they have kano, dangote, bua group and the highest number of billionaires (by far) in nigeria. But they also have the highest poverty index

5. NC....because they have agriculture even tho they do not properly harness this advantage

6. NE...the least region in everything. They deal in poverty, illiteracy and terror...remove them and a quarter of our problem in this country is solved. They also have agriculture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by OBAGADAFFI: 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
The SS

Without that Oil Nigeria will be nowhere
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by oyatz(m): 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
The 6 zones as Suggested by the Late Dr Alex Ekwueme and adopted by the 1995 constitutional conference were and are still called Geo-political and NOT Geographical Zones.

Try to know the difference sir.

MelesZenawi:

Also is not lost on me as a student of geography that there is nothing like SOUTH SOUTH and NORTH CENTRAL. You can't find such nonsense in real geography but In Nigeria geography such inane names exist and to tell you how educationally back ward these two zones are, they have professors and intellect in all works of life but all these erudites doesn't realize that in cardinal point issues, they are not found. Nigeria structured them out of bearing whether compass or three digit bearing, they are not there.

2 Likes

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
oyatz:
The 6 zones as Suggested by the Late Dr Alex Ekwueme and adopted by the 1995 constitutional conference were and are still called Geo-political and NOT Geographical Zones.

Try to know the difference sir.

No matter how you structure lies, is still lies.

As far as is not found in right sense of geography, is trash and please erase ekwueme from that rubbish.
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by MKULTRA: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
kettykin:

Please what comfort do people get from the South West ?
Stability, Peace, and opportunity.

Take Lagos and ogun for example and see the number of populations its holds which comprises most of all tribes in Nigeria what do you think they looking for "opportunity".

Why do you think even dangote is investing in Lagos and not his homeland north that where "stability" comes in.

Why do you think most of oil companies in SS come to lagos where as they have unlimited access to the sea it is the "peace" in SW.

But all this is not even enough to serve the whole country because it is needed in other regions too, that's why Lagos is too congested.

But in comparison to other regions it leads in this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by oyatz(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
These zones were Political creations with considerations for locations, they aren't just about Geographical cardinal points.

Yes, it was Dr Alex Ekwueme who introduced the concept in the 1995 constitutional conference primarily as a plateform for power rotation.
Ask Dr Bode Olajumoke, Ex-Governor Abdullahi Adamu and other participants in that conference that are still Alive.

In the 1977-78 political negotiations that gave birth to the National Party of Nigeria (NPN), the same Dr Alex Ekwueme also brought the concept of zoning into Nigerian Politics and NPN adopted it in their constitution.

The PDP is a later day re-incarnate/ copy cat of the 2nd Republic NPN.

MelesZenawi:

No matter how you structure lies, is still lies.

As far as is not found in right sense of geography, is trash and please erase ekwueme from that rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by EdiAbali: 5:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Mazigabriel:

Zombie
We have six regions in Nigeria and not 4

South East
South South
South West
Middle Belt
North East
North west

1 Like

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by EdiAbali: 5:42am On Aug 25, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Zombie
It's Middle Belt and not North C.
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by EdiAbali: 5:47am On Aug 25, 2019
MKULTRA:

3. South east > I cant say for south east because most do not desire being part of the country. Most are even located in south west and outside for a place where they can get little comfort from all the bad state of the country.

The rest of north is like an error or a glitch in a fine app that could have been near perfect.

Bastard
How can you claim that most people in the South East reside or in South West where they are having comfort?

You must be a Yorubastard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by YorubaHero12: 5:56am On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Bastard
How can you claim that most people in the South East reside or in South West where they are having comfort?

You must be a Yorubastard

So you have to call him that @the bolded?

Based on the OP’s question I will list each zone in the order of the GDP contribution to Nigeria and use that to rate their importance.

SS
SW
SE
NW
NC
NE

Now going back to the region that is keeping Nigeria together, the only region I can think of presently is SW and SS.

Write this down, the moment the majority of the SW people subscribe to secession, then Nigeria is on the brink of disintegration.

That’s my own analogy and another person might have a different opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by EdiAbali: 6:12am On Aug 25, 2019
YorubaHero12:

[s]So you have to call him that @the bolded?

Based on the OP’s question I will list each zone in the order of the GDP contribution to Nigeria and use that to rate their importance.

SS
SW
SE
NW
NC
NE

Now going back to the region that is keeping Nigeria together, the only region I can think of presently is SW and SS.

Write this down, the moment the majority of the SW people subscribe to secession, then Nigeria is on the brink of disintegration.

That’s my own analogy and another person might have a different opinion. [/s]

It's your opinion and it's silly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Zombie It's Middle Belt and not North C.
Go Back to school and learn something new

1 Like

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2019
YorubaHero12:

SS
SW
SE
NW
NC
NE

Actually Yorubas love one Nigeria more than anything.

Secondly SW contributes to Nigeria because of what federal government structure made it to be, if not it is as impotent as north.

Allow a fair play and regional control today, the reverse will be the case.

There is nothing Lagos can receive others won't.

Seaport....There are ports in Rivers, Calabar, warri and akwa ibom and by extension onitsha. So goods nearer to these ports has already reached all corners of east.

Lagos port is simply politics by una to remain relevant in the scheme of things. Recently house members were pressuring for upgrades of other ports because of congestion, it was same your people that released a counter Statement that Lagos ports is not congested.

Airport, make other airports to standard and embassy moved to different places and you will see people desert Lagos.

SW is relevant simply because of Federal government..... nothing else if not it is economically useless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by DevilhimseIf: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
YorubaHero12:

SS
SW
SE
NW
NC
NE

[/s]
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2019
Just observe from above monikers ....that the only thing about Southwest Nigeria is LAGOS STATE..

This is from even hardcore tribalists admitting the rest of Southwest is unproductive..

That's very okay and understandable...

They also gave reasons for this...

1: federal presence..
2: airport
3: seaport..
4: headquarters companies.

Now..
If they government decides to work and open up IBOM SEAPORT..
.....RIVERS SEAPORT..
With the same IBOM / RIVERS/ - KADUNA/NIGER RAIL WAY CARRIAGE..

how would Lagos and west survive?

Is obviously obvious that our leaders knows too good what they're doing..and they understand the word .. MARGINALIZATION...AND RESTRUCTURING.. FEDERAL CHARACTER..BUT ALWAYS CHOOSE TO PLAY DUMB.
THEY ALSO UNDERSTAND AND HAS CAREFULLY ABANDONED THE DEVELOPMENT OF CORE NIGER DELTA REGION..HAVING SUCCESSFULLY EXPLOITED DIVISION AMONG ETHNIC GROUPS.

Nigeria is a huge scam... End will be more brutal than beginning..

A matter of time...and a Daniel will come to judge mention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by HenryChinedu30(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2019
South East
Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Toroso: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2019
Alawada they bring forex ?! What abfoolish n rubbish comment rolled up in one. Did you consult Ipob for your answer ?

selemempe:
Well here goes mine

1. SS....because they have oil and oil makes nigeria go round.

2. SW...because they have lagos and lagos is where u can actually make some of all that oil money without much connection

3. SE....because they are the commercial guys and have an egaliterian society that supports upward mobility. It is the region with the least poverty index and they have the highest diaspora population that brings FOREX

4. NE....because they have kano, dangote, bua group and the highest number of billionaires (by far) in nigeria. But they also have the highest poverty index

5. NC....because they have agriculture even tho they do not properly harness this advantage

6. NE...the least region in everything. They deal in poverty, illiteracy and terror...remove them and a quarter of our problem in this country is solved. They also have agriculture

1 Like

Re: What Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is The Soul Of Nigeria's Survival by Greenback: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Then no need creating the thread.

Rise Above Hate.
Define hate please?

The north is a big burden on the entire false nation.

Hatred is when you appropriate to somebody what belongs to that person.
Hatred is when you don't have but somehow,thru evil means and wickedness,deny people their God given natural resources.

Hatred is when you draft constitution that favours you alone.

Hatred is when you refuse to cooperate with others to move the country forward simply cos basic and foundamental change long overdue will make way for justice which you abhor.....

Op,mazigabriel is right.

The greatest mistake of mankind remains Lord Lugard and 1914 almagamation.

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Picture This Is Unbelievable We Are Getting There / Delta State Government Pulls Down Border Iron Gate Niger Bridge / Tinubu Should Do Another Video For Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.