Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries (40669 Views)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / 85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by shadrach77: 1:48am On Oct 24, 2010
Eighteen months after he lost his wife, the superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, has found love again.

The wedding, which happened outside the spotlight, was reported to have taken place in the UK, last Wednesday. However, the bride, who sources identified as Esther, is said to be a member of his church. But not much else is known about her, or about their courtship. Details of the wedding ceremony, including venue and attendance, officiating priests, protocols, were closely guarded.

Responding to a question whether he would remarry after his late wife, Biodun, passed away, the man of God told reporters that it was too early to think of a replacement. It was a highly emotional moment for him, as the bad news came to him while he was delivering a sermon during the church’s Easter retreat last year.

Mrs. Kumuyi who died at 57 in the early hours of Saturday, April 11, 2009 at her residence in the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos, following a brief illness, was the National Woman Co-ordinator of the church. She was also International Co-ordinator of the women ministry in Africa and other continents where the church has branches, and was Editor-in-Chief of the well-circulated Women Mirror magazine published by the church.

Pastor Kumuyi, 71, was introduced to the Apostolic Faith Church, and became born again on Sunday, April 5, 1964. He started the Deeper Life Bible Church, which now has over one million members in more than sixty countries around the world, as a 15-member Bible Study group in Kumuyi’s official quarters (Flat 2) at the University of Lagos in August, 1973. Kumuyi was at the time a Mathematics lecturer in the university.

Kumuyi is the latest entrant to the fold of pastors who have new wives: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya of the Fountain of Life Church, Pastor Chris Okotie of the Household of God, and Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of the Trinity House. Only Odukoya, like Kumuyi, remarried after losing his wife, Bimbo.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/16867.html
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 2:32am On Oct 24, 2010
Body no be fire wood now.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by bashydemy(m): 4:18am On Oct 24, 2010
@ what age?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 5:21am On Oct 24, 2010
bashy_demy:

@ what age?

My uncle in his 80's is still very active sexually. grin
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by bashydemy(m): 5:37am On Oct 24, 2010
is he a widowed and man of God?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2010
He is a retired prof and married.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by TCD: 6:53am On Oct 24, 2010
Osama10:

He is a retired prof and married.
Lie. He was never a prof. There is a difference between a professor and a common lecturer.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by bashydemy(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2010
^^ lol you fall him hand kai why you self go lie say you uncle na professor why him be cmon part time lecturer
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by anonimi: 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2010
dem suppose official photo na make we see d wife.
anyway congrats to d GO.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by KunleOshob(m): 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
Osama10:

bashy_demy:

@ what age?
Osama10:

At old age what one really soughts in marriage is companionship and NOT just sex. Sex is secondary at that age, i would mute that this marriage is more of a companionship thing than sex. Congrats to the General Superintedent, maybe this time around baba would relax on the stringent doctrines he preaches in his church.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2010
source?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by e36991: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2010
Osama10:

bashy_demy:

@ what age?

Osama10:

KunleOshob:

At old age what one really soughts in marriage is companionship and NOT just sex. Sex is secondary at that age,

I would mute that this marriage is more of a companionship thing than sex.  

Congrats to the General Superintedent, maybe this time around baba would relax on the stringent doctrines he preaches in his church.

@KunleOshob

Chop knuckle o jaare . . .

You aint far from the whole truth but Pastor William Kumuyi, after the demise of his wife,

I suppose he can cope anywhere in the world without a companion . . .

but when it comes down to coping with cold, especially cold in Europe?  We all can can testify that this is a different kettle of fish.

Stringent doctrines or not. Something's got to give
wink

Companionship and warmth

Two for the price of one

How good is that. eh?

1 Kings 1:1-2 New Living Translation  (©2007):

1King David was now very old, and no matter how many blankets covered him, he could not keep warm

2So his advisers told him,

"Let us find a young virgin to wait on you and look after you, my lord. She will lie in your arms and keep you warm."

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2010
Ok, just saw that thenation link. I'll still confirm from other sources sha. The source is wrong on the age, may be wrong on the info too.
And btw, he's scripturally permitted to marry.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by bashydemy(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
Happy married life baba
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by seyibrown(f): 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2010
Congrats!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2010
TCD:

Lie. He was never a prof. There is a difference between a professor and a common lecturer.

bashy_demy:

^^ lol you fall him hand kai why you self go lie say you uncle na professor why him be cmon part time lecturer

What do I stand to gain by arguing with 2 of you, nothing.Do you think everybody here is liar like you?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by bashydemy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2010
take am easy na friend we are only kidding with you
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
bashy_demy:

take am easy na friend we are only kidding with you
grin
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by TCD: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2010
Osama10:

What do I stand to gain by arguing with 2 of you, nothing.Do you think everybody here is liar like you?
you have not in any way tried to show us pst Kumuyi is a prof. I guess your uninformed opinion comes from the lazy journalism we see in this nation.

He was never a professor. You dont need to lie.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2010
TCD:

you have not in any way tried to show us pst Kumuyi is a prof. I guess your uninformed opinion comes from the lazy journalism we see in this nation.

He was never a professor. You dont need to lie.

Are you sure you read my post, I was giving an example of my own uncle and not Kumuyi.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by TCD: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2010
Osama10:

Are you sure you read my post, I was giving an example of my own uncle and not Kumuyi.
Oh, sorry about that. You didnt specify in your post so I assumed you where talking about kumuyi.

I've heard several people (including media publications) claim pst Kumuyi and Pst Adeboye where retired "profs" or university "Dons" when in actual fact they where just lecturers.

Once again, I apologise to you my friend.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by whiteroses(f): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2010
i think i know the lady grin
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by apoti(m): 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2010
I was just wondering if Sister Esther was a widower, or a "sweet sixteen" chic!
also I'm concerned about d secrecy, a strong deeper life member just told me, he has not heard about it
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by apoti(m): 9:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
whiteroses:

i think i know the lady grin

for where?? na u be the chief bride's maid? grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by slap1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2010
Nice, bold move. Better than bleeping 'Nicodemusly' or wanking. Thumbs up, pastor!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2010
to the new wife:

welcome to the envious world of 'offerings' ,'tithes' ,'seed-sowing' and 'gifts'

I envy her grin
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by newgroom: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2010
TCD:

TCD:

I've heard several people (including media publications) claim pst Kumuyi and Pst Adeboye where retired "profs" or university "Dons" when in actual fact they where just lecturers.

@ TCD, you kidding me?  shocked shocked shocked shocked Please, please, please be informed.

A professor, just like any other English word, could be used in different ways. I can however excuse your depth of knowledge, because English is not your mother's tongue. However, the problem with a typical Nigerian is "he does not know, yet he doesn't know that he does not know' How do you teach such?

A professor is a type of senior teacher; the precise meaning of the word varies by country. Literally, professor is Latin for a "person who professes to be an expert in some art or science, teacher of high rank"[1]. In most English-speaking nations professor is the title only of a senior academic who holds a departmental chair (especially as head of the department), or a personal chair awarded specifically to that individual. However, in the United States and Canada the title of professor is given to a much larger group of senior teachers in two- and four-year colleges and universities.

In most countries on the European mainland, such as Germany, France, Poland, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands and the Scandinavian countries, the usage of professor as a legal title is limited in much the same way as in the Commonwealth countries, i.e. it is reserved for someone who holds a chair.

In Spain, Portugal and Latin America (Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking), the term professor (profesor / professor) is used for any one who teaches at a school, institute, technical school, vocational school, college, or university, regardless of the level of the subject matter taught or the level or ages of the students. This includes those teaching at the grade/elementary school, middle school, and high school levels. However, when the professor teaches at a university, they are specifically called a "university professor"; when the professor holds a chair, then catedrático is used. However, it is common to also call university professors just "profesor" (Spanish) or "professor" (Portuguese).

In addition to people holding the proper academic title, universities in many countries may also bestow famous artists, athletes and foreign dignitaries with the title honorary professor, even if these persons don't have the academic qualifications that normally would be needed for a professorship. However, such "professors" are usually not expected to do any academic work for the university in question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Rhino3dm: 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2010
Which pastor no won jollyyy. . . Which pastor no won moneyyyy
abeg allow the man to enjoy. . . . Man shall not live by bread alone.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by deebsman1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2010
After just only 18 months, lord av mercy
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by BabaO2: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2010
@TCD
Oh, sorry about that. You didnt specify in your post so I assumed you where talking about kumuyi.

Dont say rubbish here. Pst Adeboye never claimed to be a prof, nor has he ever been addressed as a prof anywhere. However, if i may ask, what is your knowledge level of PHD/ Associate profs becoming substantial profs.?, if you really belong, you should have known that there are even Doctor of professors, and professor of professors. Ode
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2010
TCD:

Yeah no probs have a nice day.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2010
slap1:

Nice, bold move. Better than bleeping 'Nicodemusly' or wanking. Thumbs up, pastor!

baba had better not be wanking grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members / My Take On How Mbaka Disgraced Peter Obi: Alter Of Mbaka, Not Of God / Fulani Herdsmen Disrupt Church Service In Makurdi With Their Cows (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.