Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company (20441 Views)

Ezfarming, USAID Launch Empowerment Programme For Smallholder Farmers, Youths / Afdb To Invest $120 Million In Agrictech / FG Resuscitates Export Grant With N13.2bn – Udoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by PureFace1(m): 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
- Adewale Oparinde has won an international grant with his EZFarming, an agriculture-centered tech startup

- EZFarming aims to expand small holders farm into commercial sizes by providing more access to funds and enabling marketplace

- The founder of the startup said he is grateful for the opportunity, adding that it would help the company's purpose

The startup, which seeks to expand small farms to commercial sizes, was founded by Adewale Oparinde, a Nigerian trained in Cambridge University, Zumalo reports.

He tends to achieve that through the economic principle of microlending and creating a situation or a pool where there is an easy access to farm produce buyers all around the world.

With its $1 million seed fund, the startup will create a marketplace that works hand-in-hand with digital technology in resolving agro-business challenges in on the continent.

No wonder therefore, EZFarming is the only Nigerian startup picked for the accelerator programme. Adewale Oparinde and some participants of the 500 programme.

Oparinde said that the programme would provide the company the opportunity to improve on operational strategies in agriculture around the world during the 4-month duration.

“We will continue to work with farmers to scale their farms to commercial sizes.

We are confident that our time in this 4-month programme will sharpen our ability to stretch the limits and deliver more results to our various stakeholders,” he said.

The programme will be providing $150,000 fund, training and mentoring in a very competitive process. The organisation has worked with more than 2,000 startups since it began and supported 10 high-profile companies like Canva and Udemy.

Oparinde grew up in Ede in Osun state, one of the states in the southwestern part of Nigeria. He studied Zoology for his first degree at the University of Ilorin.

https://www.legit.ng/1255819-adewale-oparinde-nigerian-american-wins-international-grants-agrictech-company.html

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by tobtap: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
wow...nice... a nigerian doing us proud cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by naijaboy756: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Awesome
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by YorubaHero12: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
$1 million seed fund.

Mehn that a lot and I hope he makes good use of the fund and in-turn help alleviate part of the sufferings of Nigerians in the agric sector.

Adupe

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by wethebest(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kul
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by YorubaHero12: 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
judegive23:
See below

If I get gun I go blow your head off from this end. What are we seeing below??

God safe you say I no be sango (god of thunder), I for strike you this moment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Amuocha: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good news.

say no to drug trafficking and Nigerian prince scam.

8 Likes

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by lovemoi2(f): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
Congrats

1 Like

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Moneyline(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good news after all the bad news about Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Biety: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
We are happy for you
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Akinowon123(m): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
this guy na black version of George in YOLO tv series

Nice one bro, 9ja to the world mehn

5 Likes

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by XANDERBOY85: 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
FCBboy:
Good news.

say no to drug trafficking and Nigerian prince scam.

Pray tell, what has drug trafficking and Nigerian prince scam -as you call- it got to do with this report? Why not just congratulate the man and move on instead of trying to lower the tone of the thread with your baiting? I noticed on another thread you were furious and calling for Ocherome Nnannas' head for daring to dig up an old story to remind your ilk not to feel too sanctimonious and holier-than-thou, as criminality bears not ethnic identity!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Rapmoney(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
There are some things surrounding the OP's NL account.
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by YorubaHero12: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

Pray tell, what has drug trafficking and Nigerian prince scam -as you call- it got to do with this report? Why not just congratulate the man and move on instead of trying to lower the tone of the thread with your baiting? I noticed on another thread you were furious and calling for Ocherome Nnannas' head for daring to dig up an old story to remind your ilk not to feel too sanctimonious and holier-than-thou, as criminality bears not ethnic identity!

Can you also use this chance to stop blaming all the herdsmen killing on the whole fulanis too?

Remember the fulanis got doctor, engineers, lawyers, e.t.c., but your kinsmen come online everytime to call them cow and animals.

Let’s all turn a new leaf, both Igbos and Yorubas.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Ritchiee: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

lol
Everybody knew ir was that Osurome Nnanna that brought out the old news.

Everybody

1 Like

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by ReeLoaDead(m): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kudos.
It is refreshing to read some positive news.
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by XANDERBOY85: 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Can you also use this chance to stop blaming all the herdsmen killing on the whole fulanis too?

Remember the fulanis got doctor, engineers, lawyers, e.t.c., but your kinsmen come online everytime to call them cow and animals.

Let’s all turn a new leaf, both Igbos and Yorubas.

Why are you speaking up for the Fulani...can't they speak for themselves? I doubt you'd do same for Igbo!

The difference between crimes committed by southerners and those committed by core northern muslims is that (and we have examples dating way back to the 50s to buttress this assertion) with the south, criminality is driven mainly by economic reasons....not passion, religion or ethnicity. With an improvement in the economic fortunes of the state or region concerned, you're likely to see a corresponding decrease in crime as it's driven mainly by economic reasons.

In the core muslim north however, crime is driven not only by economic factors, but also by a sense of fulfilling a religious/ethnic calling or agenda. These are crimes of passion and are usually the hardest type to reduce or stop! This is the main reason why the world is still dealing with terrorism and religious fundamentalism with no sign of these crimes abating anytime soon! This is also why i tend to generalise when it comes to specific crimes perpetuated by core northern muslims.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by omoadeleye(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

Let's call a spade a spade

2 Likes

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by 2sexycom(m): 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
YorubaHero12:

If I get gun I go blow your head off from this end. What are we seeing below??

God safe you say I no be sango (god of thunder), I for strike you this moment.
grin grin grin grin grin bros, ur hanger alone na thunder lol

2 Likes

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by money121(m): 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
Up 9ja
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Unik3030: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

majority of igbos living abroad are into crime, accept d fact n move on instead of trying to change the narrative. b4 the end of the day tomorrow am sure we will read news of minimum of 5 igbos arrested for crime abroad. don't worry I will tag u

3 Likes

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Tomiwa69(m): 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
Igbo amaka
Over to u
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by ReeLoaDead(m): 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

Why are you speaking up for the Fulani...can't they speak for themselves? I doubt you'd do same for Igbo!

The difference between crimes committed by southerners and those committed by core northern muslims is that (and we have examples dating way back to the 50s to buttress this assertion) with the south, criminality is driven mainly by economic reasons....not passion, religion or ethnicity. With an improvement in the economic fortunes of the state or region concerned, you're likely to see a corresponding decrease in crime as it's driven mainly by economic reasons.

In the core muslim north however, crime is driven not only by economic factors, but also by a sense of fulfilling a religious/ethnic calling or agenda. These are crimes of passion and are usually the hardest type to reduce or stop! This is the main reason why the world is still dealing with terrorism and religious fundamentalism with no sign of these crimes abating anytime soon! This is also why i tend to generalise when it comes to specific crimes perpetuated by core northern muslims.
Good points ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by micflo28(m): 12:39am On Aug 25, 2019
What he cannot achieve in nigeria

1 Like

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Guestlander: 2:07am On Aug 25, 2019
Now, this is what I call being smart.

1 Like

Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by Kabir1808: 2:51am On Aug 25, 2019
congratulations

Sorry guys have been trying to submit an application for IBEDC recruitment but it's just sending me back to the starting page, can anyone help please because I have done the necessary things I know I supposed to do .
Re: EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company by opalu: 5:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poultry/meat Processing System/plant In Nigeria / Grains Business (personal experienced) / Plantain Sucker For Sell @ N40 Per Sucker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.