Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Dare Promises Immediate Renovation Of Abuja Stadium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dare Promises Immediate Renovation Of Abuja Stadium (262 Views)

Gov Aliyu Directs Immediate Renovation Of Ex-President Shagari's Burnt House / Sunday Dare: We Need N81 Million To Cut Abuja Stadium Grass / Photo Of N9.2billion Stoves Bought During Jonathan's Era Kept At Abuja Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Dare Promises Immediate Renovation Of Abuja Stadium by actiondrilling: 3:59am On Aug 25, 2019
Nigeria’s Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, on Saturday said his ministry would arrive to ensure that the decaying Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja would be renovated soon.

Dare, who was sworn in by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, stated this on Twitter.

“The Youth and Sports Development Ministry will look for innovative ways to generate funds to maintain Nigeria’s sporting facilities including the Moshood Abiola stadium,” he tweeted.

The minister had on Friday embarked on an inspection tour of the Moshood Abiola Stadium.

Speaking during the inspection tour, Dare said Nigerians would watch the Super Eagles play in the stadium soon.

“We are going to be innovative to see how we can get extra funding, and how we can privatise the football pitch.

“I don’t want to put a timeline, but it’s sufficient to say that it’s right at the top of our agenda, because we know it’s taking sometime and Nigerians are interested in seeing Super Eagles play in Abuja, the stadium will be ready soon.’

“I’m going to be a minister for youth development and sports development. I understand that soccer is loved by most Nigerians, but in the same breath badminton, cycling, tennis and other sports will all get equal attention.

“We will find a way to make sure that beyond football, we will also get other sports up to speed.”

Speaking further, Dare reiterated his commitment to developing sports in Nigeria while expressing his satisfaction at Africa’s only velodrome.

“The fact that the velodrome is functional, that is what we should expect from all the facilities around the stadium, and other facilities in the country.

“We are committed to youths and sports development; we have been charged to look for innovative ways to be able to generate funds for our ministry,” he added.

https://www.akelicious.net/dare-promises-immediate-renovation-of-abuja-stadium/

Re: Dare Promises Immediate Renovation Of Abuja Stadium by UAE123(m): 5:28am On Aug 25, 2019
I just hope & pray that the minister keep his promise of renovating the Abuja national stadium but also focus on other federal stadias across the country. He should also pay attention to other sporting events & look at ways to help the various sporting associations to be a bit self funding rather than totally depending on government.
Re: Dare Promises Immediate Renovation Of Abuja Stadium by Mynd44: 6:30am On Aug 25, 2019

(1)

400 Years Ago / BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial / 2023: Those Fighting Tinubu Trying To Pitch Me Against Him – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.