Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? (5263 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by afroxyz: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2019
spirituality has nothing to do with going to church
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by IghravweIG(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2019
candidbabe:
May God help me, for 3 months now I have not been to church .i think I need deliverance.
Just try to go henceforth cool

God loves you.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by EGprince(m): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2019
I went to a particular church for some months, but despite the good teachings and everything, my spirit was not just there, I could not adapt, but I really believe in the teachings of the church even up till now, but that particular branch of the church, my spirit could not just adapt, I don't know why, I tried forcing myself, but then I realized this work is to please God and not a man, I changed the church, Although I still haven't find any church yet to belong, but the thing now is that the members of the church now see me as a backslider because I left the church, My own is that I can't belong to a church my spirit cannot adapt just to please a man, it's useless, I'm pleasing God and not a man.
My point is that why do some Christians believe when once you leave their Church, that the devil is influencing you, that you are done for, most especially you fall sick or have a problem in business, they believe it's because you left the church, That's too bad, We have so many churches, as far as the truth is practiced there, one can go to any church he wishes to, Salvation cannot be forced on a man, you choose where and when to receive salvation, working for God is not a slave trade, you have the freedom to choose a place of worship, Just work as the Holy Spirit directs you
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Rapmoney(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
Crap! The church today is just a gathering of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by CEOwatazs: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
czarina:
Me, I think I took the church matter too seriously one time, now I don't even want to go church anymore.

God help us all.

Check my profile. You need us to knead you smiley

Lol, same here; I remember I was beginning to have visions then during my quite time.

Till tomorrow I can't explain wat exactly happened to me, that I now give little Bleep about spiritual things
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by kamtrix(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
dayo2me:
Is it all those that attend church regularly that grow?

If I may ask, what kind of growth are we talking about here?

Some one that just left church engage in verbal abuse with neighbor is that one growing? And people will say such person is a believer of Christ, many cases like that have made me believe that many churches are just for social gathering. The true teaching of Christ is not manifesting in their lives.

You grow by learning more about God and His words in the bible. One of the ways to learn that word is usually the sermon in church. But the best way is to study the word of God in the bible by yourself regularly. not just read, study. You'll know when you're growing

1 Like

Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
And why are you so interested in lies?
tstx:
JUst Here to read LIES
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by czarina(f): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
CEOwatazs:

Lol, same here; I remember I was beginning to have visions then during my quite time.

Till tomorrow I can't explain wat exactly happened to me, that I now give little Bleep about spiritual things
It is well. God help us all.

I remember being a Sanctuary keeper and many other things in church during my teenage/university years, I just lost the zeal after.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mavrick2012:
OP, that is not the main issue, if am hammering and giving fat tithe and offering, wetin concern me.
Abeg, make i go church come, Hanna , our church music assistant leader will be visiting today.
The grace of God covereth all our sins
God's grace is there for us to become more and more like Jesus Christ, so we'll finally overcome the works of sin in our lives, not for us to continue in sin unrepentantly.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
EGprince:
I went to a particular church for some months, but despite the good teachings and everything, my spirit was not just there, I could not adapt, but I really believe in the teachings of the church even up till now, but that particular branch of the church, my spirit could not just adapt, I don't know why, I tried forcing myself, but then I realized this work is to please God and not a man, I changed the church, Although I still haven't find any church yet to belong, but the thing now is that the members of the church now see me as a backslider because I left the church, My own is that I can't belong to a church my spirit cannot adapt just to please a man, it's useless, I'm pleasing God and not a man.
My point is that why do some Christians believe when once you leave their Church, that the devil is influencing you, that you are done for, most especially you fall sick or have a problem in business, they believe it's because you left the church, That's too bad, We have so many churches, as far as the truth is practiced there, one can go to any church he wishes to, Salvation cannot be forced on a man, you choose where and when to receive salvation, working for God is not a slave trade, you have the freedom to choose a place of worship, Just work as the Holy Spirit directs you
I'm going through the almost the same thing right now. The only difference is I haven't left there, I'm still contemplating.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by EternalBeing: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Let's talk about spiritual babies.

Many Christians are spiritual babies after going to church for so many years.

Let's look at the characteristics of spiritual babies.

1. After so many years in church, they are still ignorant and are tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine according to Ephesias 4:14.

Imagine a 20 year old adult still behaving like a baby? That's the condition of some people spiritually.

2. They are always learning, always going to church but not learning anything.

II Timothy 3:7 says that they are always learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

"always learning to learn nothing"

people are concern about a 25 years old man that is still crying unnecessarily like a child, Also, the spiritual world is taken by surprised at this spiritual babies.

They can be a deacon, pastor, elder, etc. It doesn't matter.

Anyone who has spent 5-20 years in the church and still keeping grudges for days, envying others, etc, is a spiritual baby.

God bless you OP, we shall not be left behind at the imminent Sound of the Rapture's Trumpet in Jesus Name. Those determined to grow spiritually should download or watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXQaXmGR7ZA

3 Likes

Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by sacx: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
What is called spiritual growth is actually soul growth. The reason is because our Spirit can't grow; there is nothing created nor uncreated in this world or in the one to come that is greater than the Spirit that we are. We are one immortal spirit with God.

'Spiritual' growth is not something that is attained by accident. You don't achieve it by simply sitting in the church and feeding on all manner of doctrine that is thrown at you.

It is imperative to state that not every story in the Bible is the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is because we have too many story tellers on the pulpit who think what they feed their members is capable of growing them spiritually.

In order for any message to be adjudged the gospel, it must be seen through the lens of the finished work of Christ. Anything less than this is unprofitable.

So let's stop guilt tripping members who despite their years in church don't appear to have found any root. The culprit is with the message they are being fed with. You can't keep feeding a child garri everyday and expect him to grow into a robust young man. It's an error.

Feed them with the knowledge of their immortal spirit essence; the knowledge of who they have become because of the covenant between the father and his son, and watch them conquer spheres.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by EGprince(m): 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

I'm going through the almost the same thing right now. The only difference is I haven't left there, I'm still contemplating.
You better stop contemplating, you are doing it for God not a human, whatever anyone says should not move you
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Lugianostar(m): 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Going to church often for decades is good but doesn't acclaimatize for your spiritual growth...!

Church is not a museum or amusement parks nor a site seeing places that are meant for visitations but they are certain criterias to be meant before growing spiritually as a believer of Christ. If you accept he died for your salvation to be ensured, be born again and observe to keep ordinances that will bring you closer to him as your friend. Respecting his servants and loving people around you matters and been happy with yourself and equally extending it to others.

Shun jealousy and other negative acts that are in the contents of the 10 commandments.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Debliss1605: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
Ok. Na continue. We dey come. Without faith my dear you can't please God. Let alone growing spiritually
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
An axe is laid on every tree.

Any tree that doesn't grow and bear fruit is cut down....this is the danger of remaining a spiritual baby for too long.

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by nlPoster: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Originakalokalo:

An axe is laid on every tree.

Any tree that doesn't grow and bear fruit is cut down....this is the danger of remaining a spiritual baby for too long.

A tree bears fruit according to it's kind, be a nurturer, not a naysayer.

Wishing a banana tree grows mango fruit because you want mango is not going to make it happen.

Likewise, if you stay all day waiting to see groundnut trees bearing fruit, you won't. The nut is underground.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by candidbabe(f): 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
IghravweIG:

Just try to go henceforth cool

God loves you.
ok
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Mavrick2012: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

God's grace is there for us to become more and more like Jesus Christ, so we'll finally overcome the works of sin in our lives, not for us to continue in sin unrepentantly.
we saying the same thing
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
The grace to grow is given to everyone. Use it. Grow!!!
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2019
Grow up.
Re: Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2019
food for thought.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? / •Sun-day Worship, A Christianized Form Of Sun Worship Cult / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.