Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? (16389 Views)

Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2019
you can decide not to collect the envelope like me
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by orunto27: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2019
You offer nothing when you put in the empty envelope and so there nothing to accept. No Contract entered into, no Breach of nothing and no Sin.
The case is reversed when you pledge. Return your Pledge and not nothing.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by aliscomonaj: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2019
You can't give what you don't have. No be by force na.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Wallade(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:
Many times when you're broke and have to attend church service, of which so many believers won't go to church purposely because of that.. You were served the offering envelope by the ushers but because you have nothing on you to put into the envelope as God is your witness.. Is it right for you to return the empty envelope into the offering box like that as if something is inside to avoid shame or you rather not put it there at all or not collect the offering envelope from the ushers at first?No

So is it a sin to return it empty?

Opinions of intelligent nairalanders are needed here.. Let's learn.

#McXponent
Thank you.

It is not a sin provided you don't have offering to give but you were given an envelope, you can return it back to the offering bag or basket.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by mchc1001: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2019
But why should someone give people envelop for offering?, does it mean that they person who is giving the offering don't know where they sell envelope?, this is all part of church scam, if you give me envelope and I don't have anything to give to God I will just return your envelope to you, is never a sin, I can't give what I don't have

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Princeofasia: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2019
no it is not, if you are too broke you can even take some from the offering bowl. afterall, it is our fathers money. we have right to it too. dont let pastors call him your father in other things when it comes to money they deny god being your father in heaven

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Urzaiz: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2019
Las Las
Samdon them catch u grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Truefaith: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at
www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Iceman2017(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2019
Not a sin at all...
When you don't have, then you can easily return it. Offerings are not the reason why Christians gather. Though, some churches have made it so compulsory and now some believers don't go to church when they don't have money for offering.
If you truly don't have money for offering. Go to church, praise your God and dance more than those give. At least your dancing can also be an offering to the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Mutemenot(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2019
Yes, it's a sin. You better Rob Peter to pay Paul so you won't be seen as a sinner kiss
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Isoduwa(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2019
1.sin for not having money in the church �
2.crime for impersonate for having money and you don't have kobo

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2019
obembet:
Not a sin.. But a crime
how is it a Crime..... Nonsense everywhere
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2019
nairalandposter:
It's not sin, I'm not sure why you'd wonder if it was.

Write a pledge on the envelope and send in the money later, it's something I do occasionally.

Working on how to give online donations also.
write which pledge? you can always refuse the envelope even when the useless ushers insist. no one should force you to give
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Isoduwa:
1.sin for not having money in the church �
2.crime for impersonate for having money and you don't have kobo
another nonsense..... Nonsense everywhere
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by ZhyonKross(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2019
McXponent:
Many times when you're broke and have to attend church service, of which so many believers won't go to church purposely because of that.. You were served the offering envelope by the ushers but because you have nothing on you to put into the envelope as God is your witness.. Is it right for you to return the empty envelope into the offering box like that as if something is inside to avoid shame or you rather not put it there at all or not collect the offering envelope from the ushers at first?

So is it a sin to return it empty?

Opinions of intelligent nairalanders are needed here.. Let's learn.

#McXponent
Thank you.

Better not to collect at all, shame the devil by not deserving yourself as if you put in something when you know that's wrong to do that, please don't collect
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2019
Mutemenot:
Yes, it's a sin. You better Rob Peter to pay Paul so you won't be seen as a sinner kiss
nonsense...
Nonsense everywhere
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Righteousness89(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2019
NO!

It's only a sin to Have and Not give
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by TechCapon(m): 9:23am On Aug 25, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
I will never put a dime in that envelope..... Even when my mum gives me money to put I still remove it and drop empty envelop

Na me go dey pour water inside ocean abi?
Bible says give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Pasima(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Yes I did it once I was caught when the pastor announced about the empty envelope and threatened to cause the person.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
I will never put a dime in that envelope..... Even when my mum gives me money to put I still remove it and drop empty envelop

Oboy take am easy now... Baba your face no just get smile at all

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by toprealman: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Much better and more honorable than to offer stolen money.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by BafanaBafana: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Muyiwaipere:

As a pastor, I say fvck you!
No offense please
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by seunmohmoh(f): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2019
If you don't have the money then do not collect the envelope or better still just leave it on your seat. Don't drop it in offering box because of conscience.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Isoduwa(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2019
stormborn28:
another nonsense..... Nonsense everywhere

Go and tell your nonsense father that you are nonsense2 lol �
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by ITbomb(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2019
Give with a cheerful heart, not grumbling
Collect since it's part of service and return back to them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by stormborn28(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2019
Isoduwa:

Go and tell your nonsense father that you are nonsense2 lol �
your nonsense mother needed to see your stupidity
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by uboma(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2019
If I do not have, I will return the envelope as it was handed over to me.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by czarina(f): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2019
Pasima:
Yes I did it once I was caught when the pastor announced about the empty envelope and threatened to cause the person.
Is this true? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 25, 2019
The way and manner In which people label SIN is so annoying. People abuse the word sin, and the word haven't been used in the right context.
Sin is what will definitely put you in hades, and God in his wisdom gave us a good summary of what can lead us into hell. Which are the 10 commandments, or did we think God never knew what he was doing.
Any thing aside the 10 commandments won't lead you to hell, no wonder Jesus Christ said I did not come to condemn the law. He encapsulated it into Love they neighbour as your self and also love good. Looking at it critically, if you love your neighbors as your self I see no reason why you will take his wife, convent and bear false witness and so on and so fort....
Looking critically and studying the bible you will observe that God blessed those who choices to appreciate him with the work of their hands, Cain and able isn't far fetched. So it's a thing of choice. But only the wise knows it's importance.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by ITbomb(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2019
Pasima:
You should leave that church
Your pastor is leading by threats and that, my friend, is not the Gospel

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by Originalsly: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2019
You need to first understand what it means to sin.... if you do you wouldn't be asking if this is a sin... instead... what should you do.

What you do depends on that church culture. Some churches.... tithing is priority #1... fire and brimstone fall on you if you don't drop something for the pastor church. In such a church... collect the envelope... drop it empty... don't make the unpardonable sin by not collecting the envelope.
If the church is not about money... then they would have no problem if you don't collect the envelope. You must know what kind church you belong to.... spiritual or material.
Re: Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? by seunmohmoh(f): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2019
BafanaBafana:

As a pastor, I say fvck you!
No offense please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.