Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Caterpillar Rental Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Caterpillar Rental Business (7320 Views)

How Profitable Is Rental Business? / For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest / Rental Business - How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caterpillar Rental Business by promise72(m): 5:38am On May 16, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I want to know if anyone in the house have ideas about current climate of starting a Caterpillar renting business in Nigeria. Renting of Grader, Excavator, payloader etc. How lucrative. Pitfalls? Current rental rates if known. any other useful info will be appreciated.

I am in talk with somebody who i know very well and will try to run the business jointly. However, i want to know what im doing before anything else. I am planning to focus mainly in Ibadan/ogun state area.

Thanks
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
Wow, I think you will have to be well connected to operate such a business.
Caterpillars, as far as I know, are mostly used in public construction (and demolition) work.
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by trustboy: 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2007
This line of business is very, very, very lucrative. I am saying this because its something i have done before. You do not need to be well connected to make it, if you are, it helps. The reason why i said this is because a large percentage of roads in nigeria are maintained by communities and individuals. Most businesses have to provide infrastructures and this includes road maintainance. Even if you dont get public sector patronage you will get patronage from private sector. Do your homework and go for it, its one of the most viable ventures in nigeria.
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by promise72(m): 1:17am On Jun 16, 2007
@ Trustboy,

What is the current rental rates if you know. Also, hows the issue of transporting the equipment especially the bulldozer handled? How much do renters get charged to get these things delivered to them?

Any other "tricks of the trade" will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by trustboy: 2:06am On Jun 16, 2007
Sorry, i do not know the current rates as i presently reside in the UK. All i can say is that i did the business before and hope to return to it soon. In addition to hiring out plants i had a company that repaired earth moving equipment for government ministries and private firms.
Let me give you a scenario, a government caterpillar had been parked for many years, you are invited to effect repairs and replace 'bad' parts. You quote N500,000 for repairs based on your assessment and the information given by the staff of government department.
One week later, you arrive to start work on the project, install a battery on the caterpillar and suprise, suprise the machine roars to life. I tell you the truth, you get this everytime on this job.
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by omolayo1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2007
i must tell you that, is a very good and very lucrative one. BUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THE BIZ IS THAT YOU MUST BE LESS HYPERTENSIVE IF YOU WANT TO REALLY GO INTO THE BIZ. I SAID THIS because OF THE UPS AND DOWNS IN THE BIZ,TO EXPOSE MYSELF A LITTLE;THIS IS THE BIZ THAT I DO WITH ALL INTEREST IN IT.
TALKING ABOUT THE RENTAL FEE: IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF THE MACHINE YOU HAVE AND THE PERSON HANDLING IT FOR YOU.
AREA WHERE YOU USE THE MACHINE IS ALSO IMPORTANT AND OTHER FACTORS MUST ALSO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION.
FOR MORE INFO YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON THIS CELL PHONE LINE 08059239292 OR EMAIL AUTHORISEAUTHOR@YAHOO.CO.UK
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2007
i dint know much about the Caterpillar rental business, but what i know is that rental of farm cultivating machines is going to be a big boom in Nigeria soon, this is because i see so many educated individuals going into farming and also the upsurge in the prices of feeding in the country. i am thinking about getting in one or two plough tractors for rentals too, contact me if you are interested in it. i,ll be glad to discuss with you.
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by ozoneflake(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2007
Am from Rivers State. Cartarpillar hire is high in Rivers and Bayalsa. It is not a matter of bringing this machines but finding business for the machines is the most important thing. If you are interested mail me at ozonflakes@yahoo.com.
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by ali772: 11:09am On Feb 16, 2010
HI

I am sending 5 machine FROM USA
D8K
D8N ,
CAT 325 BL MODEL 2001 ,
CAT 322 CL, MODEL 2002
CAT 320 CL MODEL 2003

AND I WANT TO SALE IT OR RENT IT OUT IF IT IS VERY ATTRACTIVE PRICE.

i would like to tell me what kind of help you can do , for renting the machines all or some of them in cross river or any where ?
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW MACH THE PRICES FOR RENT?

best regards
Sami
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by don777: 12:13am On Mar 26, 2010
@ Poster, Rental business in Nigeria for earthmover machinery is very good business your make so much in it because here in abuja
if you are renting it out once the machine leave your site and the person renting it takes it to his place of work you have already started counting like for grader or excavator they all have verious prices and its per day wither they work or not the payment is reading. for grader the pay #210,000 or #200,000. excavator is #175,000 or #180,000 some times it depend on the machine how new it is determine the price. i work with a company that produce such type of machinery such as Wheel loader, hydraulic vibrating roller, Tandem vibrating roller, motor grader, Pneumatic rooler,bulldozers,excavator,forklift e.t.c they are all cheaper than caterpillar or any other product here in Nigeria and are Quality product also we give you our technician that will trained your staff in using the equipment for further inquiry you can contact me on 08036236751[mohammed Nafiu]
XGMA xiamen Nigeria
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by ali102030: 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
thanks very much for your information
i will call you this week ,
i have one 325 cl in Abuja now,
i have one equation how i cam make sure my machines will be save ,?
and what is the way of payment ?
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by malon12: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
Hi promise72. I know this is a very old thread, but i wanted to know of you starded this business and how is it going?
I found an informations a minute ago that Caterpillar Is Going to Open A New Excavator Component Factory <- click. Do you think, that business based on importing parts is a good idea?

A little quote:
The new factory, planned to be based in China, will produce undercarriage components and track assemblies. Stu Levenick, the Group's president explains that a new factory is the company's latest strategic investment to continue Cat's presence and capacity in the Asia pacific region.
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by adezazeez(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF BULLDOZER,TRACKLOADER,LOWLOADER,PAYLAODER E.T.C CALL 08038232696
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by NATDimuna(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
i have a caterpillar 966C with 3 attachment ic the bucket,fog and fork
1]the bucket is used for tipping
2]the fog can be used for timber logging or oil companies can use it for loading,unloading and running of oil big pipes,it has four arms two at the top and two at the bottom when operated this set of arms opens and can be closed clamping dawn what ever load is subjected to it
3]the fork when attached the machine can then be used as fork lift
does any one know the best contact or city where i can get value for money
i can sale but am more interested in HIRE.
please does any one know the current amount i can get hiring or leasing,
pls feel free to email
email[color=#006600][/color] address;dimunanat@gmail.com/call 00447999751343
this machine 966c has fannally arived to lagos i will upload photos soon
my nigeria mobile number is 07066358357mtn feel free to call me
Re: Caterpillar Rental Business by Pxammy22(m): 6:06am On Jun 17, 2021
We are Launching the largest Heavy equipment rental marketplace in Nigeria soon!!! - TENDERD
�Tenderd is a heavy equipment rental marketplace, which helps contractors rent and manage quality construction equipment in a systematic and efficient way.
TENDERD platforms helps equipment owners and contractors see where their equipment is, how many hours has it worked, what is the fuel consumption, what are the utilization rates, what is the operator’s driving behavior.
�We invite heavy equipment owners who wants to generate multiple streams of income to sign-up in the link below
https://www.tenderd.com/ae/marketplace
�We'll share with you our demo soon as you complete the online registration
Visit: www.tenderd.com

(1) (Reply)

Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria / Budget: FG Targets N100bn From Islamic Bond, And / GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.