Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Please Advice A Debutant Pig Farmer - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Advice A Debutant Pig Farmer (362 Views)

Diary Of A Pig Farmer / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Are You A Smart Pig Farmer? Know These Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice A Debutant Pig Farmer by akinwale701(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
After searching for and reading through a lot of threads about Pig farming here on Nairaland (especially on this Section) and many other sources (both online and offline), I have decided to go into Pig farming. I am starting next week with 2 full-grown pigs (weigh 50kg each), this is because, as a starter, I don't want to go through the stress of weaners and growers (I was advised by my mentor) . According to the plan, these pigs will have just a month or less into getting pregnant and will deliver some 4 months afterwards.
NB: I am not doing it alone, I'm doing it under the mentorship of my area brother who has been in the business for the past 2+ years. I have done the feasibility study very accurately and everything is in place. Any advice for me, please?
Re: Please Advice A Debutant Pig Farmer by okoroemeka(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
akinwale701:
After searching for and reading through a lot of threads about Pig farming here on Nairaland (especially on this Section) and many other sources (both online and offline), I have decided to go into Pig farming. I am starting next week with 2 full-grown pigs (weigh 50kg each), this is because, as a starter, I don't want to go through the stress of weaners and growers (I was advised by my mentor) . According to the plan, these pigs will have just a month or less into getting pregnant and will deliver some 4 months afterwards.
NB: I am not doing it alone, I'm doing it under the mentorship of my area brother who has been in the business for the past 2+ years. I have done the feasibility study very accurately and everything is in place. Any advice for me, please?
in my area 2 big pigs will cost around #60-70k,as an old farmer how we started was good weaners,u can get 15 weaners with that amount,5 female,10 male,after 6 months,all things been equal you will sale that 10 male around 25-30k each and cross the 5 females,you don start be that.
Re: Please Advice A Debutant Pig Farmer by akinwale701(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
okoroemeka:
in my area 2 big pigs will cost around #60-70k,as an old farmer how we started was good weaners,u can get 15 weaners with that amount,5 female,10 male,after 6 months,all things been equal you will sale that 10 male around 25-30k each and cross the 5 females,you don start be that.

Can you drop your WhatsApp contact please?
Re: Please Advice A Debutant Pig Farmer by okoroemeka(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
akinwale701:

Can you drop your WhatsApp contact please?
WhatsApp 08119942049

(1) (Reply)

Supply Of Egusi And Groundnut / Tomato For Sale / Is The Price Of Locally Produced Rice Becoming Competitive Already?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.