Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

3 Ways To Get Your Parents To Support Your Decision To Become An Entrepreneur - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Ways To Get Your Parents To Support Your Decision To Become An Entrepreneur (136 Views)

3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com / 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Get Your Parents To Support Your Decision To Become An Entrepreneur by enricodollars: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Most parents in the 21s century are not successful entrepreneurs, but rather people who have built their lives around the white-collar industry. For those who run businesses, very few of them are very successful, some are moderately successful, and the remaining are using the proceeds of their investments to literally survive in the society.

With most parents having had a rough life and known so many people in their lives who ran businesses but never achieved true success, they panic whenever their kids walk up to them and say they want to become entrepreneurs.

Whenever this question pops, many of them go into panic mode. I had an even worse experience several years ago, and am glad today that I took the decision irrespective of what my parents wanted for me.

If you’re young, straight out of the university, and are planning to start a business of your own, here are 3 ways to convince your parents to support your decision to be an entrepreneur:

1). Determine What Business You Want To Start Up:

The first thing is to find the right business idea you intend to start up based on what works and can guarantee a quicker cash flow, rather than what just sounds amazing and has a higher level of uncertainty. The reason is at the start of your entrepreneurship career, you need a constant source of income before you go on to chase extreme risks, and so, solving this by first venturing into a business that’s better guaranteed to enable you generate revenues quicker will tend to improve the chances of your parents supporting your dreams.

2). Don’t Quit Your Job Just Yet:

If you already have a job, don’t quit it just yet. While I never worked for anyone, the same scenario may not necessarily work for you, and so, it’s important you hold on to the job as a source of pocket-money pending when you’ve fully set up the business, have a few paying customers, and are certain that you’re burning less cash for better results.

When your parents know you’ll hold on to the job which they so dearly want you to have, they’d be more comfortable supporting your entrepreneurial dreams.

3). Prove Yourself:

The final bout that’ll give your parents the ultimate confidence to completely support your entrepreneurial dreams is to prove yourself and eventually grow a successful small business. When this happens, they’d be more than comfortable and will support you all the way till your business becomes a large thriving entity that almost anyone can reckon with.

Click The Link Below To Get my Totally Free Ebook on How to Import From China, Usa and Uk

http://digitalsmooth.com/1/Import_From_Asia_USA_And_Uk.pdf

(1) (Reply)

Edo To Partner CITN On Taxation / Naira Gains 15 Kobo Against Dollar At I&E, Loses 5 Kobo At Interbank / Rivers Taxpayers Are Our Development Partners – RIRS Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.