Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria (19716 Views)

NAPTIP Arrests Fake Rev. Sister In Edo For Trafficking 38 Children / NAPTIP Arrests 2 Human Traffickers, Seizes 28 International Passports, Others / Nigeria Arrests Suspects Over Hotel Serial Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by PureFace1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
Operatives of the National Agency for the Prohibition in Trafficking in Persons have arrested three Nigerians, Chika Nnodim, Samuel Udoetuk and John Oji for allegedly trafficking three Ghanaians from Ghana to Nigeria.

The three suspects were nabbed after the case was reported to the agency by the Ghana High Commission, Abuja in April 2019, which raised the alarm over the kidnapping of three Ghanaian girls aged between 15 and 21 to Nigeria.

The suspects were believed to be part of a criminal border syndicate and were handed over to the office of the Inspector-General of Police for further investigation after their arrest by NAPTIP.

The agency said in a release on Saturday that the suspects had been under “security watch list of the governments of Nigeria and Ghana and were nabbed by NAPTIP officials after a very painstaking investigation at various locations within Nigeria and Ghana.”

The agency’s Head of Public Relations and Information, Stella Nezan, said, “The case was reported to the agency by the Ghana High Commission Abuja in April 2019 alleging the kidnap of their citizens from Ghana to Nigeria. The agency collaborated with relevant law enforcement agencies within Nigeria and Ghana during the investigation.”

The Director-General, NAPTIP Julie Okah-Donli, said the agency and the police would ensure diligent prosecution of the suspects.

https://punchng.com/naptip-arrests-suspects-trafficking-ghanaian-girls-to-nigeria/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Tocynone(m): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Its good they are busted. They should be charged

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by seunmohmoh(f): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kidnap someone from one mad country to another one?

Of all countries to try trafficking, it should be from Ghana to Nigeria?? This same hellish Nigeria?? Who does that? This is not Italy o. By the time those ladies see Nigeria, they will know it's from frypan to fire

Mtcheew.

32 Likes

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by BusinessHub1: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
I have never been scared of being a Nigerian than now...everyday bad news.

15 Likes

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
Black man get serious problem undecided

1 Like

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by gwarotango: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
It's the flateenoos all over again. Crime is just their second name

Cc LZAA

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Simplyleo: 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chika Nnodim,
Samuel Udoetuk
John Oji

As usual, na dem. undecided

Dem go say buhari makes things difficult, but na only una dey Nigeria ni?

Shebi na una get 98% of the universe?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Medley02(m): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hmmmm.... This crime of a thing lately sha
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by picoba(m): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
Criminals everywhere

2 Likes

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by BusinessHub1: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
gwarotango:

Cc LZAA
It’s not funny brother, in outside world they see NIGERIA not tribe

6 Likes

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
The op should go and look for more fake news because it seems the 23 drug lords are paining him.

They are all dead, done and dusted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by larryeffizy1(m): 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
It's good to be known for good in a foreign country, this one that my fellow Nigerian are jeopardizing the image of my country here & there, I hope I'll not be deprived of leaving this country as soon as I get money to travel out.....

This stories is frustrating day by day meenn!!!
lipsrsealed
Mood

1 Like

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by kerry57: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Pissure of the criminals or i don't belif u at all at all. Three days ago news na him una dey carry today for nairaland abi? Abeg make una wake up.

2 Likes

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by cyclone101(m): 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Olosho biznes be making waves since day one...
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Ok
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
PureFace1:

https://punchng.com/naptip-arrests-suspects-trafficking-ghanaian-girls-to-nigeria/

A Nigerian woman in the United Kingdom, Gloria Makanjuola, who committed a series of robberies and theft on buses in Hackney, even targeting an 87-year-old woman, has been jailed.
Makanjuola, 28, of no fixed address, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court to two years and eight months' imprisonment after pleading guilty to eight counts of robbery, four counts of theft and four counts of fraud at an earlier hearing at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
Makanjuola committed the offences between September 2018 and October 2018 across Hackney.
Her victims were aged between 18 and 87 years and all the offences occurred on buses in Hackney.
One victim, an 87-year-old man, was targeted by Makanjuola as he travelled on a route around Wick Road.
She sat next to the victim and tried to put her hands in his pocket, he told her to stop but she managed to grab around £80 in cash.
On another occasion, an 18-year-old woman was on board a route 277 bus in the area of Mare Street, E5 when Makanjuola started talking to her.
During the conversation, she kept touching the victim and was crying.
The victim told her to leave her alone, Makanjuola then left the bus by pressing the emergency exit button.
When the victim got up to leave the bus, she noticed that her purse and oyster card had been stolen.
Detective Sergeant Coleman, the senior investigating officer from the Roads and Transport Policing Command, said, “Gloria Makanjuola was a prolific offender in the Hackney area.
“She targeted vulnerable passengers using the bus network system, committing robbery or theft offences.
“If bank cards were stolen, she used the opportunity to use the cards to make contactless payments at local stores.
“Working in partnership with the Safer Transport Teams and Transport for London, Makanjuola was identified and arrested for various robbery and theft related offences.
“I would like to thank the victims in this investigation who had the courage to report these matters and assist in the police investigation.
“Without their support, this outcome would not have been possible.”
CCTV footage was obtained from the buses and Makanjuola was identified by the investigation team and Safer Transport Team officers
A number of the victims were able to recognise Makanjuola during the course of formal identification parades.
Detective Superintendent Andy Cox, the lead investigator for transport network crime across London, said, “We are focused on targeting prolific criminals like Makanjuola who target and prey on the most vulnerable commuters.
“Through extensive CCTV coverage across the transport network, we are able to identify and bring offenders to justice.”
The court also heard that Makanjuola is currently serving a sentence for similar offences which she committed last year in the Hackney area. She was imprisoned for two years, according to Hackney Gazette.
http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/23/nigerian-serial-robber-gloria-makanjuola-jailed-uk?fbclid=IwAR2E-oi4F8RBGKhrR0dqkJGgY4xAhIzIfoNxpBS_5FO3mwlEWzxxzlXmWok

3 Likes

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by BENARI: 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
gwarotango:

Cc LZAA

Pls remind me Afonja first name please oooooo....

Yes I remember; Skull mining!

Yes!!!!!!!! I got it.

Aturu Awusa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by martineverest(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
we know the tribe already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by BENARI: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
larryeffizy1:
It's good to be known for good in a foreign country, this one that my fellow Nigerian are jeopardizing the image of my country here & there, I hope I'll not be deprived of leaving this country as soon as I get money to travel out.....

This stories is frustrating day by day meenn!!!
lipsrsealed
Mood

Who ever manages this forum is to be commended for his excellent work at marketing Nigeria positively in the name of business.

He has contributed immensely in promoting unity among Nigerians

Bravo

1 Like

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by gwarotango: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
BENARI:

Pls remind me Afonja first name please oooooo....

Yes I remember; Skull mining!

Yes!!!!!!!! I got it.

Aturu Awusa
And when is your next drug smuggling operation? Or is it internet fraud this time?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Godsfavour78: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
So Naija na Italy for Ghanians grin
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Lahmeda(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Kidnap someone from one mad country to another one?

Of all countries to try trafficking, it should be from Ghana to Nigeria?? This same hellish Nigeria?? Who does that? This is not Italy o. By the time those ladies see Nigeria, they will know it's from frypan to fire

Mtcheew.
Hmm
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by wethebest(m): 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bad
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by gwarotango: 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Black man get serious problem undecided
Flateenoos get serious problem

1 Like

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by BENARI: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
gwarotango:
And when is your next drug smuggling operation? Or is it internet fraud this time?

We are waiting to see how your 23 brothers on death row in Saudi Arabia convicted for drug trafficking will be executed, then we will decide whether to turn to the brown roof republic for training on ritual killings or yahoo plus.

1 Like

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
Please I had civil defense application form is out n I paid one computer operator to register for me....but to read online just no that they r not recruiting. Please any one that have d valid info should please enlighten me
Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by Tomiwa69(m): 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2019
We know dem
Na dem dem.
From the east side.
I Hail una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAPTIP Arrests Suspects Trafficking Ghanaian Girls To Nigeria by BilltheDON(m): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
Cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Funeral In Anambra State, Set Vigilante Vehicle Ablaze (Video) / Delta State Police Uncovers Baby Factory, Rescue Three Pregnant Women / Gunmen Kidnap Motorists On Nkwelle/Isiagu/Nibo Road In Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.