|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,348,295 members, 5,208,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 07:58 AM
|Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Chief Investment Officer) Vacancy by 2el(m): 1:47am On Aug 26|
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA”), a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, is mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria's infrastructure and providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress. NSIA operates three mandate funds: the Future Generations Fund, the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund and the Stabilisation Fund.
Chief Investment Officer (CIO) – FS200
NSIA looks to enhance its capacity to deliver its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to identify a suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professional to fill the vacant Chief Investment Officer (CIO) position:
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will have oversight responsibility for the investment of NSIA's funds. S/he will oversee NSIA's relationships with financial institutions, capital markets, and multilateral institutions with respect to investments. The CIO is accountable for the performance and safety of NSIA's portfolios.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
(1) Work closely with the Board of Directors: (i) to develop and maintain NSIA's overall investment strategies and policies and (ii) to advise the Board on how to balance the risk and returns inherent in NSIA's various portfolios.
(2) Be responsible for ensuring that the implementation of NSIA's investment decisions are consistent with defined risk tolerances and investment strategies; assuring that they are based on sound portfolio management principles.
(3) Lead the development of a highly motivated team of investment management professionals who are responsible for the management of NSIA's portfolios.
Qualifications, experience and attributes
(1) A good first degree from a reputable institution.
(2) Post-graduate degree(s), such as MBA, and relevant professional qualification, such as CFA, would be an added advantage.
(3) Minimum of 10 years management experience in investment management and/or infrastructure investing.
(3) Deep understanding of global trends and advances in asset management.
In addition, candidates for this role must possess the following attributes:
(4) Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
(5) Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Coverage: Abuja, Nigeria
The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country, who have completed the National Youth Service Programme and non-Nigerians. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Mode of Application
Log on to the PwC Nigeria recruitment portal to view the full job descriptions. If you meet the requirements, please apply using the link below:
30th September 2019. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interested candidates can view the NSIA Act on http://nsia.com.ng/
|Re: Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Chief Investment Officer) Vacancy by 2el(m): 9:03am On Aug 26|
Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Recruitment 2018 / Starting Salary In Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA),
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36