Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) (2338 Views)

7 Seater Keke Napep (tricycle) Designed In Nigeria / Keke Napep With Padlocked 3 Tyres, Causes A Stir In Warri (Photos) / Checkout Our Made-In-Nigeria Keke NAPEP (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 3:02am On Aug 26, 2019
Check out these new tricycle inventions. These could be used for corporate branding and other services like courier or logistics.

It is selling for USD3,000 including shipping cost from China to Lagos port.

Do you think it is a marketable product in Nigeria please?

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by RZArecta2(m): 3:42am On Aug 26, 2019
The word INVENTION has been bastardized in Nigeria cool
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 4:05am On Aug 26, 2019
This is another.

Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by diportivo: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2019
once the handle bars and gear isnt like vespa, e no go last

it's only bajaj that will put hardtop on a keke and I will look at it twice

1 Like

Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by nurey(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2019
DaddySimple:
Check out these new tricycle inventions. These could be used for corporate branding and other services like courier or logistics.

It is selling for USD3,000 including shipping cost from China to Lagos port.

Do you think it is a marketable product in Nigeria please?

It won't go far because

1. It was done during fashola Era though those ones were like car and seat 4 people (3 back and 1 beside driver) I don't even see their scrap anymore not to talk of a broken unit.

2. These specimens are 3 to 2 seater minus 1 passenger means less income to earn, not a good way to compete with the competition (Keke napep)

3. It is sold for 1.5m too expensive and won't be financial viable for the available competition (Keke napep and korope)

4. These vehicle has a less weight/haulage carrying capacity that itself is a huge turn off for its target market. The best transportation vehicles to use in SW Nigeria must have cargo space capacity and capability.

5. The design is too soft and may not be able to handle areas it can benefit (Rural) it would have a poor offroad balance, miniature interior space, very low height to ground surface, flexible exterior tensile strength incase of roll over or plowed into. so would probably make a bad rural ambulance, cargo hauler, comfortable people mover.

The vehicle would sell obviously but not as hotcake or anything. But if it can be incorporated with 4 tyres, a solar electric engine, a truck/van version I believe it can go places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2019
nurey:

It won't go far because

1. It was done during fashola Era though those ones were like car and seat 4 people (3 back and 1 beside driver) I don't even see their scrap anymore not to talk of a broken unit.

2. These specimens are 3 to 2 seater minus 1 passenger means less income to earn, not a good way to compete with the competition (Keke napep)

3. It is sold for 1.5m too expensive and won't be financial viable for the available competition (Keke napep and korope)

4. These vehicle has a less weight/haulage carrying capacity that itself is a huge turn off for its target market. The best transportation vehicles to use in SW Nigeria must have cargo space capacity and capability.

5. The design is too soft and may not be able to handle areas it can benefit (Rural) it would have a poor offroad balance, miniature interior space, very low height to ground surface, flexible exterior tensile strength incase of roll over or plowed into. so would probably make a bad rural ambulance, cargo hauler, comfortable people mover.

The vehicle would sell obviously but not as hotcake or anything. But if it can be incorporated with 4 tyres, a solar electric engine, a truck/van version I believe it can go places.

I understand what you have said and the point you have made. However I think you left one other area out which is corporate branding. I believe companies like Mtn, Glo, Dstv and probably hotels and major restaurants, hospitals, schools could benefit from this especially when they are painted their brands and and used to serve certain purposes for these companies, not necessarily in the aspect of being used for commercial income.
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by nurey(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
DaddySimple:

I understand what you have said and the point you have made. However I think you left one other area out which is corporate branding. I believe companies like Mtn, Glo, Dstv and probably hotels and major restaurants, hospitals, schools could benefit from this especially when they are painted their brands and and used to serve certain purposes for these companies, not necessarily in the aspect of being used for commercial income.

okay, seems you are targeting particular Ninche
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
nurey:

okay, seems you are targeting particular Ninche

Yes, I am trying to picture its benefits from another perspective and not basically for a commercial transport sort of thing.

Let's say of examples, a company Mtn can paint this tricycles their brand colour and then use to market sim cards and their data bundles.

A hotel can also brand it and use it to take guests to airports or some specific places they might want to go on like a private chatter.

Hospitals or pharmacies could use these are a means to deliver certain services to VIP patients.

Stuffs like that. Am just trying to think outside the box if it could work out in Nigeria anyway. I am communicating with the company that produces them in China. A container loads 8 of the tricycles and it cost $3,000 each plus shipping to Nigerian port.
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by AshipaEk0: 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
this thing exists in southeast Nigeria. its been publicized in the past
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by nurey(m): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
DaddySimple:

Yes, I am trying to picture its benefits from another perspective and not basically for a commercial transport sort of thing.

Let's say of examples, a company Mtn can paint this tricycles their brand colour and then use to market sim cards and their data bundles.

A hotel can also brand it and use it to take guests to airports or some specific places they might want to go on like a private chatter.

Hospitals or pharmacies could use these are a means to deliver certain services to VIP patients.

Stuffs like that. Am just trying to think outside the box if it could work out in Nigeria anyway. I am communicating with the company that produces them in China. A container loads 8 of the tricycles and it cost $3,000 each plus shipping to Nigerian port.

yes it can, also bread delivery, meat pie or let's say snack showcase etc, the 8units isn't bad either, yOu can bring them in and test the waters. I also hope it's coming in as CKD make customs no go build duplex ontop your head
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
nurey:

yes it can, also bread delivery, meat pie or let's say snack showcase etc, the 8units isn't bad either, yOu can bring them in and test the waters. I also hope it's coming in as CKD make customs no go build duplex ontop your head

Lol... Abeg what is CKD. Am a novice in this shipping matters as it is now. Never done it before but wanted to try.
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by nurey(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
DaddySimple:

Lol... Abeg what is CKD. Am a novice in this shipping matters as it is now. Never done it before but wanted to try.

CKD is completely knock down, so when it arrives you will just couple it together. CKD are zero custom duty fees. so you only pay exercise on the container not on each unit eg

You pay 200k for a 20feet container as custom exercise.

But as a unit you pay 200k per vehicle multiply by 8 equal 1.6m.
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
nurey:

CKD is completely knock down, so when it arrives you will just couple it together. CKD are zero custom duty fees. so you only pay exercise on the container not on each unit eg

You pay 200k for a 20feet container as custom exercise.

But as a unit you pay 200k per vehicle multiply by 8 equal 1.6m.

Na wa ooo, this is serious. Thanks for the information. Are you a clearing agent or what?
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by nurey(m): 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
DaddySimple:

Na wa ooo, this is serious. Thanks for the information. Are you a clearing agent or what?

I am not a clearing agent, I am just giving you a heads up.

Okada, korope, Napep all come into the country as CKD even cars like Micra and some Nissan used for transportation biz come in as CKD or spare parts reason why they are easily affordable, if they had come in as a whole unit through the right channel, the custom duty slammed would make them expensive.
Re: Amazing Petro Type 200cc Tricycle (keke Napep) by DaddySimple: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
nurey:

I am not a clearing agent, I am just giving you a heads up.

Okada, korope, Napep all come into the country as CKD even cars like Micra and some Nissan used for transportation biz come in as CKD or spare parts reason why they are easily affordable, if they had come in as a whole unit through the right channel, the custom duty slammed would make them expensive.

Ok I really appreciate this information. I will find out from the company if they can do that.

(1) (Reply)

Basis Process In Car Clearing +! 2020 !+ / Between A Mercedes And A Lexus / Native 32 Game Disc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.