Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:38 PM

Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand (11892 Views)

Power Generation Falls By 503MW, Workers Threaten Strike / Power Generation Falls Further By 27% To 3,567MW / Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by abuhusna1: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2019
Give us all prepaid and see power generation and distribution increase cos if you don't give usight u font get money from us unlike the present arrangement where we pay monthly for being in darkness every month. PHCN workers hell Na special made
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Commentor: 7:03am On Aug 26, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, hahahaha,i am literally laughing here. You know what , you are petty , good job ,now go to third mainland bridge to collect your award. Lol

Hahaha.

Must have struck a nerve.

Na MFM prayer night get you now.

Oh, you've already done that without success?

Try bathing at the beach.

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by APCHaram: 7:07am On Aug 26, 2019
chloride6:

Who will pay for the meters?

Did you buy the dispense meter for the filling station?

The Discos ought to provide meters. This is the cheapest and only thing they were supposed to invest in as the inherited all power lines and transformers.

The DISCOs can easily afford to buy and install these pre paid meters but they won't because if they did, they know they won't make as much money with their estimated billing.

Where I used to live before in Abuja had more estimated bill payers than those with prepaid - a ratio of about 1:20.

The useless disco only provides power for a few hours a week before they will bring their crazy bill of 5k. I on the other hand was using pre-paid. I use to buy 1,500 worth of units and it will serve me for over 4months!
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Duggedised12(f): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Commentor:

Hahaha.

Must have struck a nerve.

Na MFM prayer night get you now.

Oh, you've already done that without success?

Try bathing at the beach.

nerve? Lol, i didnt even consider you significant enough to check your activities ,even now i still don't , lol ,anyway the offer still stands, your award is waiting for you at third mainland bridge,lol,if for nothing ,to atleast commend you for the memes you keep rolling out, hahaha, i bet your gallery must be full,you keep them for when it will come in handy for a nairaland e-fight ,lol, seems you live for this, i am sure you must have saved the title of the folder as 'nairaland memes" hahahaha miscreant.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Skseries: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2019
APCHaram:
Why won't they reject power from GENCOs when they are given free reign to use estimated billing. Let them all be forced to roll out pre-paid meters or be forced to close.

With the current arrangement of estimated billing, these DISCOs can choose to reject power from GENCOs because with or without power supply they will come with their regular monthly bill.

There are legislation already in place to compel the DISCOs to stop estimated billing but for 4yrs Fashole refused to enforce it on the DISCOs but rather sided with them to increase tarrif rates for no just reason.

Also power supply is heavily politicised as there is an unwritten order to supply both the NW and SW much of the power generated so as to appear that power supply has improved leaving the rest of the country in darkness.

Even at that, most of the power supply to the north is virtually free especially in rural areas.

The subsidy the north enjoys can even be seen from the billing rates for each zone with the SS and SE recording the highest rates while the SW and NW, the lowest even though most of the GENCOs are located in the SS and SE.

can we have published figures to back this up? Otherwise all u just said are just sentimental, tribalistic speculations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by FarahAideed: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2019
Where are those liars that said they had 24 hours electricity in another thread yesterday

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Afonja007: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2019
AkeNathan:
God abeg help me make one fine oyibo marry me make my children get American or European citizenship.

you mean like me grin

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by APCHaram: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2019
Skseries:
can we have published figures to back this up? Otherwise all u just said are just sentimental, tribalistic speculations

I will get the chart for power distribution by TRANSCOs to Discos and also the current billing rate.

Hold on
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by lexy2014: 7:20am On Aug 26, 2019
fistonati:
Its not politician, its actually the systems we have that is accommodating this Lacunas

Who controls d system?
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by LewinskyMon: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2019
angry
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Kwin1995(f): 7:40am On Aug 26, 2019
5 Acres of land available for sale @papalanto Ogun state Nigeria �� ,with C of O for. 40million Naira Contact me if interested 08108610460
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2019
Afonja007:
you mean like me grin

Beautiful family bro

embarassed
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by israelmao(m): 7:56am On Aug 26, 2019
Then they said we don't need revolution.They used to lie or give excuse about the water level now they have invented another lie that power operators' demand is low compare to what is being generated.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Afonja007: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2019
AkeNathan:

Beautiful family bro

embarassed
thanks
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by alphaNomega: 9:22am On Aug 26, 2019
Every time it falls you share the news. Please tell us when it improves too.

That's how you basstards kept screaming dwindling revenue when crude oil was below $50pb, you kept you big mouth shut when prices improved.

All I am saying is learn to share positive news too.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by obailala(m): 9:26am On Aug 26, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

[s]obailala here is the electricity that you claim buhari improved[/s]
Oga when I said something was probably wrong with your brain yesterday, I felt bad thinking I was being unnecessarily harsh on someone who was either just carried away or probably just drunk from the weekend. But now, its a Monday morning, and you're still exhibiting the same delusional symptoms. So I was probably right about you all along. shocked

I repeated it at least 10 times yesterday that power has never improved in Nigeria since 1999 till date, and that average generation has always fluctuated between 2000 and 4000mw; I kept louding the same message in your head just to point out to you that the 6000mw or sorry, 9000mw which you kept claiming that GEJ gave Nigerian was an ignorant beer parlour gist. But somehow, it seemed I overestimated your sanity. Even a stark lunatic who know how to read and write would have picked up my message after I had to repeat the same thing over and over. But here I wake up to this sort of foolish comment from you? undecided

Kindly redeem your sanity by pointing out a single sentence where Obailala ever mentioned or implied the nonsense you just wrote up there (i.e. power improving under anybody). We truly meet all sorts of imbalanced humans online. Please if you cannot read, or if you suffer any kind of illness that disorients your brain
and prevents you from understanding English, kindly tell us in advance so we know and avoid you. Have a nice day, bye!
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Foodforthought: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2019
courage89:
Interesting

When are we going to stop with all these negative news. I pray our government gets their act together.
Continue praying and continue voting thieves and liars. Una eye go clear.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Skseries: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2019
APCHaram:

I will get the chart for power distribution by TRANSCOs to Discos and also the current billing rate.

Hold on
I will be glad if u do that and I apologise for the wrong accusation
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Phred1717: 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2019
Thank God I see light up to 17-20hrs in my area, Ogba in Lagos. 2000,3000,4000 or 7000mw is confusing to understand. Even the operators find it difficult to understand. Clueless
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by EdiskyHarry: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nigeria is now the mosquito of Africa, not giant of Africa anymore
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by PrincewithGod(m): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
APCHaram:
Why won't they reject power from GENCOs when they are given free reign to use estimated billing. Let them all be forced to roll out pre-paid meters or be forced to close.

With the current arrangement of estimated billing, these DISCOs can choose to reject power from GENCOs because with or without power supply they will come with their regular monthly bill.

There are legislation already in place to compel the DISCOs to stop estimated billing but for 4yrs Fashole refused to enforce it on the DISCOs but rather sided with them to increase tarrif rates for no just reason.

Also power supply is heavily politicised as there is an unwritten order to supply both the NW and SW much of the power generated so as to appear that power supply has improved leaving the rest of the country in darkness.

Even at that, most of the power supply to the north is virtually free especially in rural areas.

The subsidy the north enjoys can even be seen from the billing rates for each zone with the SS and SE recording the highest rates while the SW and NW, the lowest even though most of the GENCOs are located in the SS and SE.

So there is discrimination even in electricity billings?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by APCHaram: 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
PrincewithGod:

So there is discrimination even in electricity billings?

So you don't even know?

SS and SE are billed the highest under Buhari
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
obailala:
Oga when I said something was probably wrong with your brain yesterday, I felt bad thinking I was being unnecessarily harsh on someone who was either just carried away or probably just drunk from the weekend. But now, its a Monday morning, and you're still exhibiting the same delusional symptoms. So I was probably right about you all along. shocked

I repeated it at least 10 times yesterday that power has never improved in Nigeria since 1999 till date, and that average generation has always fluctuated between 2000 and 4000mw; I kept louding the same message in your head just to point out to you that the 6000mw or sorry, 9000mw which you kept claiming that GEJ gave Nigerian was an ignorant beer parlour gist. But somehow, it seemed I overestimated your sanity. Even a stark lunatic who know how to read and write would have picked up my message after I had to repeat the same thing over and over. But here I wake up to this sort of foolish comment from you? undecided

Kindly redeem your sanity by pointing out a single sentence where Obailala ever mentioned or implied the nonsense you just wrote up there (i.e. power improving under anybody). We truly meet all sorts of imbalanced humans online. Please if you cannot read, or if you suffer any kind of illness that disorients your brain
and prevents you from understanding English, kindly tell us in advance so we know and avoid you. Have a nice day, bye!
You stupidly keep repeating the same statement that power has not improved since 1999.
Maybe you need to learn more before throwing about insult. I didn't know people could be this. Stupid
https://africacheck.org/reports/nigeria-does-generate-more-electricity-now-than-it-did-15-years-ago/
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by obailala(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

You stupidly keep repeating the same statement that power has not improved since 1999.
Maybe you need to learn more before throwing about insult. I didn't know people could be this. Stupid
https://africacheck.org/reports/nigeria-does-generate-more-electricity-now-than-it-did-15-years-ago/
In 1999, power generation fluctuated between 2000 to 4000mw. In 2019, actual power still fluctuates between averaged of 2000 and 4000mw regardless of all the extra power stations and infrastructural improvements to the system. You have evidence in the report on this thread which just stated that power dropped to less than 3000mw today in 2019, despite all the so called improvements.

It doesn't take more than the common sense of even a child to understand the meaning of my statement that despite all the so called improvement works to infrastructure, Nigeria's power generation hasnt really improved since 1999.
Re: Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
obailala:
In 1999, power generation fluctuated between 2000 to 4000mw. In 2019, actual power still fluctuates between averaged of 2000 and 4000mw regardless of all the extra power stations and infrastructural improvements to the system. You have evidence in the report on this thread which just stated that power dropped to less than 3000mw today in 2019, despite all the so called improvements.

It doesn't take more than the common sense of even a child to understand the meaning of my statement that despite all the so called improvement works to infrastructure, Nigeria's power generation hasnt really improved since 1999.
According to the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission(NERC), generation in 1999 stood at only 1,750 MW.
I am done with you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate 2023: Ned Nwoko Support Group Holds Strategic Meeting (Photos) / "Tinubu Can’t Be Blamed For Buhari’s shortcomings" - Biodun Omole / Governor Sanwo-Olu Attends Discusses Climate Change At COP28 In Dubai Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.