Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours (7074 Views)

Wait, What? This Is A Seat On An Arik Plane? (photo) / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane / Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by MurderX: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2010
Highlights:
Lagos - Kaduna Passengers yesterday held an Arik airplane hostage for 3hrs. The passengers complained that they were not informed their luggages will not be coming with the plane, only to arrive in kaduna and find out their luggages have been dropped iin lagos. Some complained they were enroute Zaria, katsina and Kano and did not plan to spend the night is kaduna, while others said they had important documents in their luggages which they needed thesame day for the purpose they are in kaduna. The aggrieved passengers went back to the tarmac and blocked departing passenger from boarding until they were either compensated or kept in a hotel for the night. 2 hours later, the pilot declared a hijack and ordered the doors of the plane closed as he tried taking off. The passengers stood in front of the plane and dared the pilot to crush them, after a rethink the pilot came to a halt, came out and dissociated himself from Arik cliaming, "its Arik business and not mine". 2 airforce personnel who initially tried to maintain order, gave up and said the situation is a civil process and should be handled as such. Meanwhile, Arik officials and security pounced on an innocent female student who was filming the drama with her handsets and this infuriated other passengers as they returned "fire for fire" with them. The drama ended about 4 hours later with Arik agreeing to the terms of the passengers.

Arik Airline really needs to organise itself.

Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by funkybaby(f): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2010
Arik is at again  shocked shocked

I am not surprised.

On 25th september, (flight from heathrow to lagos), after all passengers had been seated, the doors locked and shortly before takeoff, the pilot announced that there were insufficient meals to go round everybody on board. So he needed 40 people to agree to the idea that they wont be served any meals throughout the flight.

so the pilot went around from seat to seat, writing down the seat numbers of the 40 volunteers. He said until this was accomplished, he wont fly the plane.    grin

So we were delayed at heathrow for over an hour after the flight was scheduled to have taken off while all these was going on.

In exchange for 'volunteering' to skip their evening meals (each person paid averagely over 500pounds for a return ticket), he promised them a 'surprise' from the dutyfree store.

And what was the surprise 
a bag of maltesers chocolate which is about $3 (one pound if bought from poundland)  grin grin

what about orange juice and the rest of the liquid junk they had:
the flight attendants were virtually rationing it as there were not enough to go round. .

My return journey nko?

Another drama. Thats another gist for another day.

One thing is for sure: I WILL NEVER FLY WITH THEM AGAIN !
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2010
Nigerian are usually rubbished&this may continue until we decide not to take trash again
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by MurderX: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2010
Arik is the worst airline i have ever flown, they hired thugs and hooligans as staff, people with no sense of ideal and courtesy. Such simple negotiation held up a flight for 4hours. I am so so so so dissappointed at them. Shame on you Arik.

1 Like

Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by funkybaby(f): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2010
Murder_X:

Arik is the worst airline i have ever flown, they hired thugs and hooligans as staff, people with no sense of ideal and courtesy. Such simple negotiation held up a flight for 4hours. I am so so so so dissappointed at them. Shame on you Arik.

their cabin crew  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

especially the nigerians amongst them. one of them, a male i.d.i.o.t, served me lukewarm coffee and when i complained to the retard about it, he told me rudely that was what they had.

a lady seated next to me asked the same retard for another cup of orange juice, he told her rudely ''didnt i serve you juice minutes ago? you want another one again''.  of which the lady replied yes, only for the retard to come back like 20mins later with a small cup, half filled of orange juice. no apologies whatsoever.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by MurderX: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2010
A stupid checking officer was arguing away his time with another staff on why Goodluck Jonathan should not be president, and I was standing waiting to be checked, I called on him to continue his duties and he told me I was disturbing him and if he liked he could stop me from boarding because I said he was not being professional. Useless company, foolish staff.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by temodent(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
This Arik is gradually gaining the limelight and for the wrong reason. Even though I learnt the airline was established from stolen funds. I thought perharps they would still able to make some difference in airline travels being a private concern. but the stories I've been hearing about them is
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by 9icest: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2010
Atlast, Nigerians behaving like people with rights and not just mere animals to be kicked around by corporate fatcats!
Thats the spirit!
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by martinosi: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2010
funkybaby:

I am not surprised.

On 25th september, (flight from heathrow to lagos), after all passengers had been seated, the doors locked and shortly before takeoff, the pilot announced that there were insufficient meals to go round everybody on board. So he needed 40 people to agree to the idea that they wont be served any meals throughout the flight.

so the pilot went around from seat to seat, writing down the seat numbers of the 40 volunteers. He said until this was accomplished, he wont fly the plane.    grin

So we were delayed at heathrow for over an hour after the flight was scheduled to have taken off while all these was going on.

In exchange for 'volunteering' to skip their evening meals (each person paid averagely over 500pounds for a return ticket), he promised them a 'surprise' from the dutyfree store.

a bag of maltesers chocolate which is about $3 (one pound if bought from poundland)  grin grin

the flight attendants were virtually rationing it as there were not enough to go round. .

My return journey nko?

Another drama. Thats another gist for another day.

One thing is for sure: I WILL NEVER FLY WITH THEM AGAIN !

Hmm Arik!!! Nawaoo,
I fly them internally in Naija,
But to fly them Internationally Na lie,
I would never do it,

PURE RUBBISH,,,,,
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Youngichou(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2010
Murder_X:

lol
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by OboBoco(f): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2010
This same stupid Arik that my luggage was incomplete  and  rough handled and the zip of my box spoilt ( Abi was tampered with )
when i complained to them, one bastard asked me sarcastically how much was it worth so that they can pay me off and stop me from disturbing  their job.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Youngichou(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2010
Murder_X:

lol
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2010
God Please bless all the Passengers on that plane who have refused to complain only but decide to act. God bless the Airforce officers who refused to resort to violence by allowing civilains handle thier affairs. Chnage don dey come, thank you Jesus for letting me see this day
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Youngichou(m): 11:29am On Oct 26, 2010
Obo Boco:

This same silly Arik that my luggage was incomplete  and  rough handled and the zip of my box spoilt ( Abi was tampered with )
when i complained to them, one naughty person asked me sarcastically how much was it worth so that they can pay me off and stop me from disturbing  their job.

lol
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Orisdude: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2010
Have you ever been to their booking office in Abuja? The one at Garki 2?
I challenge anyone to find a set of ruder girls/women than the ones who man that office.
A friend of mine says that if you could hear what they were thinking, it would go something like this
"I prepare tickets for senators, governors, who be this yeye pesin for my front?"
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by OboBoco(f): 11:50am On Oct 26, 2010
Youngichou:

lol

it sounds funny now but it was not funny that day oh, i was so furious, i could see my face turning red and me having horns with that devil fork in my hand.  i for kill person.

btw. YOUNGICHOU, do you write sql commands
i observed the way you wrote your location with the ''if'' clause. ( i do sql too )
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by oluite(f): 11:53am On Oct 26, 2010
yes, enough of taking crap!I like the spirit of the passengers on board.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Zi: 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
I love d set of passengers they met yst. If only they also dragged dat silly pilot down and give him d beating he'l never forget,
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by miqos02(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
Nigeria is getting better. stand up for your rights Nigerians
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by 190: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
I weep for my father land!!
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by bodsibobo(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
Eni ba fe fo l'oke, e ba mi kalo;  cheesy
Eyan to fe fo l'oke, oya e je k'a jo lo    cheesy

Arik Airlines; very efficient      tongue
Arik Airlines; very reliable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    tongue

Has anyone heard this song by Yinka Aiyefele?
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by Spyker: 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
If our National carrier were not left to rot away and sold as scraps, airlines like Arik which is a result of stolen wealth would not be existing.

How I wish there is a link to this story so that I can post it on facebook for the world to see the type of hell Arik subject people to.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by creamyswit(f): 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
wow,its quite amazing.shit happens but we aint suppose 2 crucify them.ARIK is not as bad a u pple r making it look like.arik is still d best airline nigerians can boast of.internationally also they are doing their best.so passengers that were delayed shld not make it like it happens on a daily basis.furthermore arik staff shld hav informed their passengers that ther luggages will be delayed.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by udennaa: 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2010
@nigerians- stand up stand up,stand up for your right!
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by angelz(f): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
Arik again.
thank God our flight to Abuja on Afik was cancelled the oda day
by my company, probably l wuld have gotten one on one experince of their
inefficiency and rudeness.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by thaira(f): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
9icest:

Atlast, Nigerians behaving like people with rights and not just mere animals to be kicked around by corporate fatcats!
Thats the spirit!

kiss Correct!
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by mbulela: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2010
creamyswit:

wow,its quite amazing.poo happens but we aint suppose 2 crucify them.ARIK is not as bad a u pple r making it look like.arik is still d best airline nigerians can boast of.internationally also they are doing their best.so passengers that were delayed shld not make it like it happens on a daily basis.furthermore arik staff shld hav informed their passengers that ther luggages will be delayed.
I doubt you will find many people who agree with you.
Arik is worse than people are making it.
The problem is that their are no better alternatives.
considering the state of the roads in the country, we are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by mrjingles(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
Arik is no better than Young Shall Grow, only difference is they have aircraft instead of buses. What is NCAA going to do about these brigands?
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by opribo(m): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2010
I dont believe all this unsubstantiated stories about my beloved airline ARIK, they must be coming from competitors who can not match the service excellence of ARIK and the newness of her aircraft fleet. I have been flying ARIK now for the past two years and I can thump my chest and say it anywhere ARIK air still remains my number one choice in the air. I have flown in their Boeing 747-800, Borbardier series and it was comfort all the way. How can any one say ARIK doesnt have enough refreshment for her passengers and we are listening to such a story or a trained steward in ARIK fleet addressing a customer as painted in the post. Please Nlanders should be discerning to know when someone is peddling lies. For the matter in the post I want to believe those people that held the plane hostage most be terrorist because their action is against international civil aviation regulations.

Everyone in Nigeria knows that before you board an aircraft you must identify your luggage at the tarmac before boarding failure to do so will result in your luggage been off loaded. I believe this abokis are the ones that forgot to identify their luggage and they want to use their boko haram wisdom to terrorize my airline. I will suggest that ARIK air cease flying to that state as a punishment to those people after all they have no other airline that serves that ramshackle area.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by babaowo: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
arik are same airline with afriqya
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by JeSoul(f): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
funkybaby:

I am not surprised.

so the pilot went around from seat to seat, writing down the seat numbers of the 40 volunteers. He said until this was accomplished, he wont fly the plane   grin

shocked  shocked this is just . . . stunning 

opribo:

I dont believe all this unsubstantiated stories about my beloved airline ARIK, they must be coming from competitors who can not match the service excellence of ARIK and the newness of her aircraft fleet. I have been flying ARIK now for the past two years and I can thump my chest and say it anywhere ARIK air still remains my number one choice in the air. I have flown in their Boeing 747-800, Borbardier series and it was comfort all the way. How can any one say ARIK doesnt have enough refreshment for her passengers and we are listening to such a story or a trained steward in ARIK fleet addressing a customer as painted in the post. Please Nlanders should be discerning to know when someone is peddling lies. For the matter in the post I want to believe those people that held the plane hostage most be terrorist because their action is against international civil aviation regulations.

Everyone in Nigeria knows that before you board an aircraft you must identify your luggage at the tarmac before boarding failure to do so will result in your luggage been off loaded. I believe this abokis are the ones that forgot to identify their luggage and they want to use their boko haram wisdom to terrorize my airline. I will suggest that ARIK air cease flying to that state as a punishment to those people after all they have no other airline that serves that ramshackle area.
If it were a different country when sanity prevails then I might have agreed with you. But it is naija we are talking about here, please don't forget that. Is it possible all the people telling horror stories are all lying?
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by JeSoul(f): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Cities Of Poland / Seychelles Travel Info, / My South Korea Travel Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.