Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:17 PM

Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele (643 Views)

‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour / APC In Lagos Is Like A Mafia Organization — Bucknor-Akerele (Throwback) / Boko Haram Lived In My Home For 8 Months When PDP Was In Power -buba Marwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by hisexcellency34: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
Senator Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele, former Deputy Governor of Lagos State and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on developments in the nation and why she fell out with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos State governor. Excerpts:

Looking at the state of the nation, President Muhammadu Buhari last week inaugurated his cabinet. What are your expectations from these new ministers?

I have no expectations whatsoever from this government. None at all. This government has nothing to offer as far as I am concerned.

But they are promising to take us to the Next Level, are you not interested in that?

Next Level where? Into the dungeon? I am sorry but Nigeria is in a very sorry state. Are we calling ourselves a nation now? Look at what is happening. The economy has collapsed yet they keep on lying to us that the economy is doing well. When they took over in May 2015, Gross Domestic Product was 5.1 percent but today it is 1.4 percent. We know the exchange rate of the Naira to the Dollar what it was then and we know how much it is now. It is almost tripled yet they promised us that they will make One Naira equal to the Dollar. So, you can see that this is a government of liars. They are only there to line their pockets.

The APC said your party; PDP is responsible for the mess having misgoverned the country for 16 years. What is your take on that?

How could it possibly be? When PDP was in government, people were enjoying. People could eat well. The Naira to the Dollar was about N160, now it is N370. So, how can you then compare the two governments? It just shows that APC members are unrealistic people. They are living in cloud cuckoo land or else they just want to be telling us lies and thinking that we are stupid enough to accept their lies.

Are you hopeful about the future of this country?

I’m a Nigerian. So, I only pray that there is hope. But when I look at the current situation realistically, I really cannot say where we are going as a nation. It is a sad situation because we don’t know what is going to happen to our children and grandchildren. At my age now, to see Nigeria like this and looking at it and seeing that my children and grandchildren don’t really have any future in this country, it is most disheartening.

Looking back in retrospect to your time as Deputy Governor of Lagos state , it has been alleged your insubordination to your principal, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu caused the rift between the two of you. How true is that?

Well, I don’t think it is insubordination because as my principal then, there is nothing he asked me to do that I did not do at least as far as my duties as the Deputy Governor were concerned. The only thing I didn’t do is to join him in taking over the party from the elders who had supported us and put us as Governor and Deputy Governor.He wanted me to join him in taking over the party from the elders and I refused. I believe that is a betrayal of trust which I will not be a party to.
https://www.independent.ng/nigerians-were-enjoying-when-pdp-was-in-power-bucknor-akerele/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by Davash222(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
Even animals living in Nigeria can attest to this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by Jayslicky: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
Davash222:
Even animals living in Nigeria can attest to this.
Even my dog has felt the change, before I feed it three times daily but now only twice a day, our relationship has gone sour.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by Davash222(m): 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
Jayslicky:
Even my dog has felt the change, before I feed it three times daily but now only twice a day, our relationship has gone sour.
The dog would soon bite you bro, you have to be very careful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by hisexcellency34: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2019
ha ha..or eat his master for dinner

Davash222:

The dog would soon bite you bro, you have to be very careful.
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by Jimasun: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
Clowns above
Re: Nigerians Were Enjoying When PDP Was In Power –bucknor-akerele by weezyfocus(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
the change is becoming unacceptable

(1) (Reply)

2023; Igbo Presidency / Edo APC Crisis: Ignore Oshiomhole, Obaseki Orders Govt Officials / Nigeria Makes World Bank’s Top 20 List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.