Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,028 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... (225 Views)

Preacher Stabbed While Delivering Sermon In Sydney Church(photos) / A Preacher Of The Antichrist Gospel Of Grace Says Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin / Funny But Sad: I Am Not A Preacher Of Love But I Love Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... by VLadipo: 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
Having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:12

A preacher of the Word of God spoke about salvation through faith, as Paul explains it in the epistle to the Romans. Among the listeners was a man who was firmly convinced that salvation could be obtained solely through good works.

After the address he approached the preacher, well armed, as he thought, with the verse from James 2, 24: “You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.” He said, “If what you maintain is right, then James is wrong; but if James is right, then you and Paul are wrong. Or else you must admit that there are contradictions in the Bible.” His opposite number replied, “There cannot be any contradictions in Bible. The Holy Spirit is its sole author, and He cannot contradict Himself.”

Then he went on to explain the matter to the man, “When Paul states that salvation is by faith alone, he is speaking from God’s point of view. God can read our thoughts and see into our hearts. In God’s sight, we are saved the moment we believe Faith is an act of trust, not a purely intellectual agreement with a few dogmas.

“When James insists that salvation also comes by works, he is speaking from man’s point of view. You cannot read thoughts nor see into anyone’s heart. You need something visible or concrete to be able to judge whether someone is saved or not. As far as people are concerned, we are saved if they see our good works as the fruit of salvation.”

For more, please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... by LordReed(m): 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
The book of James had a problem with acceptance in the early church time, it's no wonder it's still causing problems now. That's how you know this book called bible is not the work of a god.
Re: A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... by budaatum: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
LordReed:
The book of James had a problem with acceptance in the early church time, it's no wonder it's still causing problems now. That's how you know this book called bible is not the work of a god.
Yet in it are lessons from a Godly point of view. Or will you argue salvating daily bread for those that sit on their asses? Can those who do not read be saved from death and the wages of sin? Or does manna of understanding fall from heaven on those who work their brain?

Average life expectancy Nigeria (2015) 53.05 years.
Average life expectancy UK (2015) 81.60 years, Japan (83.98) and China (76.25). Who has faith and who works?

You are correct that "this book called bible is not the work of a god". It is a work of human words on human made paper with ink that did not fall down from heaven. But read with a Spirit of understanding and you might see its intention is to make you god, my Lord. For though some say satan said it, it says so undercover.

Re: A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... by LordReed(m): 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
budaatum:

Yet in it are lessons from a Godly point of view. Or will you argue salvating daily bread for those that sit on their asses? Can those who do not read be saved from death and the wages of sin? Or does manna of understanding fall from heaven on those who work their brain?

Average life expectancy Nigeria (2015) 53.05 years.
Average life expectancy UK (2015) 81.60 years, Japan (83.98) and China (76.25). Who has faith and who works?

You are correct that "this book called bible is not the work of a god". It is a work of human words on human made paper with ink that did not fall down from heaven. But read with a Spirit of understanding and you might see its intention is to make you god, my Lord. For though some say satan said it, it says so undercover.

Indeed my dear buda, a rose may grow from faeces.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... by budaatum: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
LordReed:

Indeed my dear buda, a rose may grow from faeces.
No, indeed a rose cannot grow from faeces. Here is it written:

He also told them a parable: “No one tears a piece of cloth from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will tear the new garment as well, and the patch from the new will not match the old.

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will spill, and the wineskins will be ruined. Instead, new wine is poured into new wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine wants new, for he says, ‘The old is better.’”

You will know if you too had done the work of seeking understanding that you need to stick a cutting from a rose tree in your faeces to get a rose my Lord. Otherwise, you living on a prayer and a song.
Re: A Preacher Of The Word Of God Spoke... by LordReed(m): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
budaatum:

No, indeed a rose cannot grow from faeces. Here is it written:

He also told them a parable: “No one tears a piece of cloth from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will tear the new garment as well, and the patch from the new will not match the old.

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will spill, and the wineskins will be ruined. Instead, new wine is poured into new wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine wants new, for he says, ‘The old is better.’”

You will know if you too had done the work of seeking understanding that you need to stick a cutting from a rose tree in your faeces to get a rose my Lord. Otherwise, you living on a prayer and a song.

Thou understands well my dear buda.

(1) (Reply)

My top best Ghanaian Worship Song(lovely) / Avoid These Seven Abominations / When You Dreams Of Wearing Your Old School Uniform Going Back To Your Old School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.