Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians (54254 Views)

Again IELTS Fee Increased / Sevis Fee Increased From $200 To $350, SEVP Annouces Changes To Program Fees / Which One Will You Prefer? 300k Monthly Salary Vs 2 Yrs American Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by JobsandSchools: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
That's not cool
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by TSRC: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
It seems the recent occurrence just made them to review the whole visa process.

They should be fair NA. The economy of America is far bigger than Nigeria's.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by maasoap(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2019
Toscarel:
why wouldn't they increase the fee, when they know the shithole we are migrating from.

If not for the politicians this country has been cursed with, this wouldnt be happening rather people woukd be rushing for nigerian visas, have you ever heard them complain about south africans.

And it gets worse by the day with this present administration supported by blind zombies, empty promises and blame shifting.

Gets worse for who specifically? You, my guess.

2 Likes

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by hekkyboi: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
My friend wey suppose go last year was saying he wanted to finish nysc,

see ur life now Michael,
see your life
him don finish the nysc?
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by maasoap(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
SOPWriter:
In my opinion, I do not think the fee increment has something to do with keeping international students out of the United States. There is probability that the SEVP needs to improve their services to visa applicants, therefore the need for the price adjustment; in order to generate more revenue.

Giving opinion without reading that small piece of information. SMH!
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by drillerB(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Toscarel:
why wouldn't they increase the fee, when they know the shithole we are migrating from.

If not for the politicians this country has been cursed with, this wouldnt be happening rather people woukd be rushing for nigerian visas, have you ever heard them complain about south africans.

And it gets worse by the day with this present administration supported by blind zombies, empty promises and blame shifting.

Indi ara. This is as a result of your 78 brothers in FBI net.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Rolly22(m): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
peeps4u:

Go and read the news first. The news says USA is increasing the fee as a reciprocal fee for Nigerian citizens because Nigerian govt increased same for USA citizens and that Nigeria even charges Americans for its visa more than US charges Nigerians.

Go and read the report. Not everything is about yahoo yahoo guys please.

don't mind that bitter fool masturbating on this thread.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by chinchum(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
SOPWriter:
In my opinion, I do not think the fee increment has something to do with keeping international students out of the United States. There is probability that the SEVP needs to improve their services to visa applicants, therefore the need for the price adjustment; in order to generate more revenue.

Stop creating an opinion. The reason for the change was stated If only you had read through the news, but typical people read headlines and start forming multitudes of opinion.

1 Like

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Kwin1995(f): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
It won’t stop internet fraud (yahoo yahoo)

It will only increase the funds dey get from clients .lol

Meanwhile

5 Acres of land available for sale @papalanto Ogun state Nigeria �� ,with C of O for. 40million Naira Contact me if interested 08108610460
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Rolly22(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
Why is everything now shaking now that I'm planning to go to USA? My appointment has been booked already.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by seanjy4konji: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
let them go to hell....

our goverment should do something about this visa fee of a thing.....robbing us massively steal wont give visa...now increase it again...

can they try this in mscor or even south africa....

why r we acting like slaves to this people?

in our country....
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by ayomide28287(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
LillyVal:
Given enough time, every guy will disappoint you.

I like the
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by seanjy4konji: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
i say it again...i will never pay that embassy a dime again...i will enter europe,obtain a shenghen visa and go visa free...

fraudulent bastards.....nigeria leaders bastards.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by martineverest(m): 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
northvietnam:
This is absolute madness ....

Why increase the visa fees for Every body , Every body in Nigeria is not Corrupt , it’s just the Gino’s that are painting the country black abroad.

Las Las ... Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa , Tiv , Efik ..

Poor man child, Rich man pikin, Ashawo, Virgins, pastors , imams, Muslims , Christians ...

Na all of us go suffer this suffer together cuz we are all Nigerians, A country with jobless youths , a country Fantastically corrupt , A country were a military man kills a police man just to save a kidnapper , a country were police shoots a pregnant woman and nothing go happen ...

Ladies and gentlemen, This is reality
learn to read b4 commenting...it's worldwide,not only nigeria
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by SOPWriter: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Effective worldwide on 29 August, Nigerian citizens will be required to pay extra as visa issuance fee.

The US Consulate announced this in a statement issued earlier today.

In a statement, the US Consulate in Nigeria explained that the extra cost will be applicable to only those whose visa requests were granted.“Effective worldwide on 29 August, Nigerian citizens will be required to pay a visa issuance fee, or reciprocity fee, for all approved applications for non-immigrant visas in B, F, H1B, I, L, and R visa classifications,” the statement read.

“The reciprocity fee will be charged in addition to the non-immigrant visa application fee, also known as the MRV fee, which all applicants pay at the time of application. Nigerian citizens whose applications for a non-immigrant visa are denied will not be charged the new reciprocity fee.

“Both reciprocity and MRV fees are non-refundable, and their amounts vary based on visa classification.”

SOPWriter:

Modified: I initially thought the news ended there, not knowing it continued

Difrent:

Means you didn't read the post.... Its stated bin there the reason which is reciprocal because Nigerian government had earlier done same for US citizens..... except if I didn't get what you were trying to say

maasoap:

Giving opinion without reading that small piece of information. SMH!

chinchum:
Stop creating an opinion. The reason for the change was stated If only you had read through the news, but typical people read headlines and start forming multitudes of opinion.

You are right, persons; our bloggers and their protractedness; considering my occupancy at the time of comment, I initially thought the news ended there. I just read through it.

Some of us on this forum are extremely busy people; we just come here sometimes to refresh our brains.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by martineverest(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
seanjy4konji:
let them go to hell....

our goverment should do something about this visa fee of a thing.....robbing us massively steal wont give visa...now increase it again...

can they try this in mscor or even south africa....

why r we acting like slaves to this people?

in our country....
read the first sentence of this thread....it's worldwide,not only nigeria
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by martineverest(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
kingy1:
People just talking trash here.

they never read a single line from the news up there.

Very anyhow youths we have in this country with few exception.

But the funny thing about the larger set is that they think they are wise and learned.
as in eh...it's really baffling...most naija youth just read headlines and then troop to comment section...97 percent of those commenting didn't read the article
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
someone please take me abroad. I'm tired of living in Nigeria. sad
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Tammyg123: 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
Get exclusive offer and discount.
Shop now at https://shoppersloveit.com/music/

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by northvietnam(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
martineverest:
learn to read b4 commenting...it's worldwide,not only nigeria

best correction of the year...

thanks man.

a typical nairaland correction will come like this..

Ode, go school you no gree.
or
B like ur brain dey pain u/ have u taken ur meds for today

2 Likes

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Prince2bad(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
even if you triple the price no wahala, we go still use una money go...
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Mterry(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hmmmm why now..... Dem for wait small na!
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Yankee101: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2019
And it begins
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by naijajobx: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
Oh
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Finelinks: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
nextstep:

Reciprocity is what they say, but we know that when an American works to earn $100, it takes a Nigerian almost 8 times the labor to produce that amount... so the "pain" of $100 in US is like $800 in Nigeria. It's not really reciprocal. Not to mention the cost of living for their staff deployed in Nigeria is way cheaper than Nigerian staff deployed to US.

Anyways, those who want to go will still find 2-4 million Naira to go, even though it can start a very good business here.

I've been using this 8x factor since the GDP per person is US is about 8x Nigeria, and in comparing average middle-class wages, yet the cost of most goods of comparable quality (e.g cars, phones, even cement) does not change much between countries.
nice.
this aspect of economics confuses me. I cringe when people see earnings abroad and quickly convert to naira as if the earner abroad spends it in naira.

I need to understand these exchanges more. What is it called in economics?
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by romenna: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Some pipo don't read to understand.
They read to respond and that is so not okay.
I never knew our useless govt charged US citizens more wen they apply for our useless Visa.
Our govt is responsible for our problems.
Why stiffle d route to Nigerian n yet u want foreigners to go tru hell to get to hell n invest? Who does that?
I am not understanding dis pipo we call our leaders at all

1 Like

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by ubcandid(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
nextstep:

Reciprocity is what they say, but we know that when an American works to earn $100, it takes a Nigerian almost 8 times the labor to produce that amount... so the "pain" of $100 in US is like $800 in Nigeria. It's not really reciprocal. Not to mention the cost of living for their staff deployed in Nigeria is way cheaper than Nigerian staff deployed to US.

Anyways, those who want to go will still find 2-4 million Naira to go, even though it can start a very good business here.

I've been using this 8x factor since the GDP per person is US is about 8x Nigeria, and in comparing average middle-class wages, yet the cost of most goods of comparable quality (e.g cars, phones, even cement) does not change much between countries.
I don't get the concluding, the 2nd part of the concluding section of your statement. How does the cost of goods not differ much?

1 Like

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by romenna: 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
repogirl:
Isn't it funny that a Visa to Nigeria is so expensive, meanwhile our borders are open to those from Mali, Niger and Chad?
egbe wa worwmen tewmen
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.