Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Advice Needed Please! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice Needed Please! (400 Views)

Clarification Needed,please. / My JAMB score:Mature Advice Needed Please / Serious Advice Needed Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please! by Chinks(m): 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
Good day to everyone. I need advice from people who might have experienced this.
I'm doing master's program in one of the Federal Universities in the country and right now I feel dissatisfied with the program. I have CGPA of 3.81 after first and second semesters so it is not an issue of poor academic performance. I teach in a private school with a meagre salary but manageable to cater for my nuclear family's needs but the question that is always in my mind is: what next after MSc? Truth be told, doing MSc in Nigeria is actually not worth it to some extent. I'm planning to divert my remaining energy and my meagre resources to business. I mean business that can produce 1k/per day to complement my salary. Is it appropriate to abandon the program now?
Re: Advice Needed Please! by nams77: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Chinks:
Good day to everyone. I need advice from people who might have experienced this.
I'm doing master's program in one of the Federal Universities in the country and right now I feel dissatisfied with the program. I have CGPA of 3.81 after first and second semesters so it is not an issue of poor academic performance. I teach in a private school with a meagre salary but manageable to cater for my nuclear family's needs but the question that is always in my mind is: what next after MSc? Truth be told, doing MSc in Nigeria is actually not worth it to some extent. I'm planning to divert my remaining energy and my meagre resources to business. I mean business that can produce 1k/per day to complement my salary. Is it appropriate to abandon the program now?

Dont abandon it. Your whole effort will be a waste. I always believe in going through to the very end in projects like this since, resources, time and effort has been committed.
Just get through with and get a two-prong approach- biz and then job( if a good one comes). Having a master does not automatically qualify you for an instant upliftment, though i have seen countless folks whose tide changed when dey got their masters.

I intend following it up to phd level not because of job or lecturing stuff but for my personal satisfaction (i told myself that before i even gained admission for my first degree)
Re: Advice Needed Please! by Chinks(m): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
nams77:

Dont abandon it. Your whole effort will be a waste. I always believe in going through to the very end in projects like this since, resources, time and effort has been committed.
Just get through with and get a two-prong approach- biz and then job( if a good one comes). Having a master does not automatically qualify you for an instant upliftment, though i have seen countless folks whose tide changed when dey got their masters.

I intend following it up to phd level not because of job or lecturing stuff but for my personal satisfaction (i told myself that before i even gained admission for my first degree)
Thank you very much sir for your advice.
Re: Advice Needed Please! by ctleurocollege: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Chinks:

Don't abandon it, follow through with it. MSc in Nigeria is not worthless sir, if you hadn't started already I would have suggested that you try MBA in Cyprus but as you are already enrolled, please continue

(1) (Reply)

Students Of Alvan Ikokwu Imo State Tour ABS Digital Station Awka- Pictures / How Good Was Your NECO Result? / Asup-federal Polytechnic Bida Chapter Internal Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.