Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students (40437 Views)

Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum / UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ / UNIOSUN Increases Tuition Fees By 140 Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Note that I did not make holistic statements... I used "most" "hardly." Employers would most often give them a chance to prove their mettle. I'm writing this matter-of-factly because I know.

By the way, I didn't graduate from Covenant... graduated from a Federal University.

Please don't even bother with this argument. To each his own. Please ignore. After all not everyone can afford Harvard University or ORal Roberts university. Do you see Americans criticising ORal Roberts University?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
czarina:
I've been around. You've been scarce yourself or so it seems.

The spec is juicy, just how she likes them. Log her in, she go see am.
I’ve been around. Maybe just passive. I just read and waka

Will do now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Oktane: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
cckalima:
my friend don't say things without facts to back it up. You guys just make vague statements here. I have seen a good number of those who are not smart as you claimed and those who are. In all honesty can you compare a first class graduate from OAU to one from that your convenience in any course of study grin grin. Paying colossal sum for education doesn't make you outstanding or a Superman. It's how well you developed yourself that matters. Look at the very distinguished people in Nigeria today, many are products of public institutions even many of your lecturers in that school are all guys from public universities. So don't say employers hardly pass by convenient graduates. Will they jump at them without checking what's upstair?

No angst meant.

An 'AVERAGE' Eagle (Covenant Uni Graduate) is far better than an 'AVERAGE' Great Ife or indeed any other average graduate from ANY Public university in Nigeria. Please note that the key word here is ' AVERAGE'.

The most important attribute they are imbued with is attitude. Something terribly lacking among the majority of public school graduates.

Let it be stated clearly that this is drawn from experience. I have worked with some CU graduates and I am impressed.

Oyedepo does deserve kudos.

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Ndipe(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Na wao! I blame the Nigerian government for neglecting the educational sector.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
cckalima:
ok since you are a product of a federal University which I don't know. Are most of their graduates better than those from your own school? Needs a yes or no. No analysis

See ehn... life is not black and white like that. : grin My school is superb! By the way, my initial point was never a comparison between Covenant and Federal Unis... at least not the top-rated Federal Unis.

It was just an appreciation of the school in itself. Not a comparison.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by TruthinAction: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
I feel it's too high for a school that belongs to a ministry. That means most of the members who even pay tithe can't afford it. It seems to be solely for profit making.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Skmoda360(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
While my total tuition all through my undergraduate days is below 300k
That's too cheap......go EDO UNIV OR KWASU and see what's up there.....
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by omoadeleye(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
Please I have a question.

What is the employment rate of Convenant graduates? is there a known statistics online? Do they get employment of at least 200k per month for starters?

"What shall it profit a man to spend almost 5million to obtain an undergraduate degree and eventually get a monthly job of 60k"

So for your mind now, you think is commoner parents like yours that are sending their children to the school?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by cckalima: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
flourishing247:

Please don't even bother with this argument. To each his own. Please ignore. After all not everyone can afford Harvard University or ORal Roberts university. Do you see Americans criticising ORal Roberts University?
no critics here but your expressions tends to religate other universities especially the public ones.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by cckalima: 10:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
Oktane:

No angst meant.

An 'AVERAGE' Eagle (Covenant Uni Graduate) is far better than an 'AVERAGE' Great Ife or indeed any other average graduate from ANY Public university in Nigeria. Please note that the key word here is ' AVERAGE'.

The most important attribute they are imbued with is attitude. Something terribly lacking among the majority of public school graduates.

Let it be stated clearly that this is drawn from experience. I have worked with some CU graduates and I am impressed.

Oyedepo does deserve kudos.
please properly define what you mean by average. Ife is for learning and culture. So all convenience grad.are saints? You certainly don't know what you are saying. To have made this statement I am sure 101% you are not a product of great ife.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Starhearts: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
9ja don cast
Scam everywhere
Which way Lord
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by sleekman(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:
I advised parents to avoid sending their children to such schools rather they should look for cheap university abroad and send them. Where they can be exposed to opportunities and most likely employment.
Spending such amount of money in Nigeria university is not encouraging. Nigerian need more of skills acquisition than certificate.
abeg which school abroad costs $3000? Even the schools that are free requires $5000 as proof to show u can sustain yourself.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by sleekman(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
TruthinAction:
I feel it's too high for a school that belongs to a ministry. That means most of the members who even pay tithe can't afford it. It seems to be solely for profit making.
I used to think so but look at the breakdown and let me know if that's still the case
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Memberclub(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:
I advised parents to avoid sending their children to such schools rather they should look for cheap university abroad and send them. Where they can be exposed to opportunities and most likely employment.
Spending such amount of money in Nigeria university is not encouraging. Nigerian need more of skills acquisition than certificate.
90% of them go abroad for masters.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
omoadeleye:

So for your mind now, you think is commoner parents like yours that are sending their children to the school?

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but you are being direspectful for even trying to bring my parents into this.

For your info, I did my masters in USA and currently working here and I can boldly say I'm doing good for my age.

I have my reason for asking that question, it does not imply that I'm wretched or poor.

Get that bro!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by ss1930(m): 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
Roughly 8,000,000 for a four year course. That includes pocket money for your son/daughter. If you have 2 children.. Na 16,000,000 ... Anyways, What is 8,000,000 to a sitting senator? Just a month salary caters for 48 months of studying
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
Abeg say no be church get this school ni.... i rest my case o....if u know you know
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:
Have you considered the exchange rate before opting for foreign universities?
Should a student opt in for study in the USA, have you considered visa fee and air ticket?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Anwons(m): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
All these unacceptable fee will end one day when a radical president in this country will revitalize government institutions.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
TruthinAction:
I don't support the increment in fees however there were some cost the university incurred that may have warrant such
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
Shenky:
This fees dey learn where Abuad dey grin
Really! How much do they charge over there?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by chapmanapr: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
I would study abroad instead undecided
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
cckalima:
no critics here but your expressions tends to religate other universities especially the public ones.

Maybe it came out wrong but I'm just tired of people criticising these schools. I want to go to Harvard but I can't afford it yet so I zip it. You don't see me running all over the place screaming what's in Harvard that Arizona State University can't give me. I wish people know these schools have scholarship schemes. Covenant has two. They can make use of it if they wish.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2019
chapmanapr:
I would study abroad instead undecided

Convert the fees to dollars please.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
dhareh:
How many scolarship do they give to church members each season based on their performance in Jamb ?
Do they need to publicized it?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Gerrard59(m): 12:18am On Aug 28, 2019
Iblad0994:
Please I have a question.

What is the employment rate of Convenant graduates? is there a known statistics online? Do they get employment of at least 200k per month for starters?

"What shall it profit a man to spend almost 5million to obtain an undergraduate degree and eventually get a monthly job of 60k"[/b]

For two consecutive years, CU came first as Nigeria's in the league of institutions with employable graduates.

https://www./blog/stutern-nigerian-graduate-report/

The bishop is doing a good job. That is Nigeria's Harvard few years from now.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by officialfysh(m): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
While my total tuition all through my undergraduate days is below 300k
I disagree; even college of education sef pass 300k.. you never add transportation n project. Reason am na
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by cooooooks(m): 12:30am On Aug 28, 2019
Covenant is not a government university and is a for profit venture.

Notwithstanding, a Covenant degree is respected. People believe that you can defend your certificate and that you did not do any sorting.

If you are lower middle class and can afford it, I suggest you try because the company you keep there can take you places.

Marriage alone...

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by xyz123456: 12:46am On Aug 28, 2019
Using 1 million naira per year to study bio chemistry or microbiology abi!! Una munu never teach
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 28, 2019
Gerrard59:

For two consecutive years, CU came first as Nigeria's in the league of institutions with employable graduates.

https://www./blog/stutern-nigerian-graduate-report/

The bishop is doing a good job. That is Nigeria's Harvard few years from now.

Thank you for this.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by chiboy1116: 1:20am On Aug 28, 2019
valyzubxx:
When German Universities are Tuition Free? Nonsense...
no be still free , u go pay for BA and other stuff
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Kingkun69(m): 3:36am On Aug 28, 2019
dhareh:
How many scolarship do they give to church members each season based on their performance in Jamb ?
i want to believe that you are saying this genuinely without knowing it because they give a lot out to their church members

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nuc Releases List Of 36 Illegal Universities / Mcpherson University In Pictures / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.