Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students (40438 Views)

Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum / UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ / UNIOSUN Increases Tuition Fees By 140 Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Gerrard59(m): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2019
quote author=CeterisXVII post=81733944]
Hello, post the names and locations of such private schools here, so we can verify your claims. And then tell us what proportion those schools constitute out of the total number of private schools in the nation. undecided

Hello Oga, please post a link to your surveys so we can read and verify. Tall claims will not fly....[/quote]

http://m.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-Graduates-Most-Employed-in-Nigeria-Again#.XWhUY2TTU0M

Unfortunately, due to NL's restrictions on uploaded files (size), I cannot upload the survey report.

https://www.nairaland.com/2821724/top-23-most-expensive-secondary

Although, I'm not supposed to involved in the debate whether there are expensive private schools in Nigeria or not or the fees charged are real. However, these things exist and it's not possible for CU or any institution to offer scholarships to 50% or more of her student body as she or any doesn't have a buoyant endowment fund. Let's be realistic.

Cc: Flourishing247

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Gerrard59:
quote author=CeterisXVII post=81733944]
Hello, post the names and locations of such private schools here, so we can verify your claims. And then tell us what proportion those schools constitute out of the total number of private schools in the nation. undecided

Hello Oga, please post a link to your surveys so we can read and verify. Tall claims will not fly....

http://m.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-Graduates-Most-Employed-in-Nigeria-Again#.XWhUY2TTU0M

Unfortunately, due to NL's restrictions on uploaded files (size), I cannot upload the survey report.

Although, I'm not supposed to involved in the debate whether there are expensive private schools in Nigeria or not or the fees charged are real. However, these things exist and it's not possible for CU or any institution to offer scholarships to 50% or more of her student body as she or any doesn't have a buoyant endowment fund. Let's be realistic.

Some people love argument, that's why I didn't bother to post any link or mention schools for him. The list in your link doesn't even cover 30% of schools that charge more than 1.5mil per session. Also the fees have even increased. I know several people that paid higher than what covenant is charging in secondary schools.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Oktane: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

There is no amount of breakdown that will justify the cost. How can the less privilege get such quality education. Maybe he should build another one for the less privilege at least comparable to the standard of government owned university. I see ministry as a reach out campaign to lost souls and not just for profit making. Even those who earn 100k per month can't send their kids there.

Quality education is expensive the world over. It is most definitely not designed to cater for the less privileged unless buffers are provided by government Nd other well meaning philanthropic bodies.

As a matter of fact I used to think that CU was expensive until I was opportuned to get close to the system and her products. Oyedepo deserves uncommon applause. He is providing superior quality education for those who can actually priotise education above all else.

Meanwhile, I am totally of the opinion that Government should have as little as possible to do with education as they have shown over time that they simply do not have a clue.

Just think about a recent gaffe where the government decided to withdraw history as a subject from the curriculum and left Islamic studies and CRK intact. Is that one a government?

Appraise the university from a clinically objective point of view and you will find out that it is providing an education for the future. Education for self sufficiency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
Oktane:

Quality education is expensive the world over. It is most definitely not designed to cater for the less privileged unless buffers are provided by government Nd other well meaning philanthropic bodies.

As a matter of fact I used to think that CU was expensive until I was opportuned to get close to the system and her products. Oyedepo deserves uncommon applause. He is providing superior quality education for those who can actually priotise education above all else.

Meanwhile, I am totally of the opinion that Government should have as little as possible to do with education as they have shown over time that they simply do not have a clue.

Just think about a recent gaffe where the government decided to withdraw history as a subject from the curriculum and left Islamic studies and CRK intact. Is that one a government?

Appraise the university from a clinically objective point of view and you will find out that it is providing an education for the future. Education for self sufficiency.

They have brought history back but the national curriculum is still a hot mess. They even merged a lot of subjects too.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by TruthinAction: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
Oktane:

I am not impressed as long as over 95% of students intending to study there also can't afford it. There should be a balance between offering quality education and making it affordable. The little girl named success whose story went viral because she was sent home for not paying a fee of N900. The poverty level in Nigeria is so high and we should think on how to carry them along.

It could be in form of scholarship scheme for the brilliant ones from the less privileged or building an alternative institution for them without much compromise on the teaching quality. The building may not be as costly. They don't have to live in a glass house. Whatever we do that doesn't impact on the larger populace is of limited value.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

I am not impressed as long as over 95% of students intending to study there also can't afford it. There should be a balance between offering quality education and making it affordable. The little girl named success whose story went viral because she was sent home for not paying a fee of N900. The poverty level in Nigeria is so high and we should think on how to carry them along.

It could be in form of scholarship scheme for the brilliant ones from the less privileged or building an alternative institution for them without much compromise on the teaching quality. The building may not be as costly. They don't have to live in a glass house. Whatever we do that doesn't impact on the larger populace is of limited value.

They have two scholarship schemes. Jim Ovia scholarship and David oyedepo foundation scholarship. Anyone can apply for the two. The entry qualification is not difficult 220 score in Jamb. The problem with a lot of people here is that they don't do proper research. They just flow with the bandwagon.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Oktane: 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
TruthinAction:

Again, my apologies for sounding so detached from reality but let's attempt to adjudge this thing dispassionately.

Oyedepo has made a very undeniably significant contribution to our National growth through the set up of Covenant university. So has Atiku, Elizade, Age Babalola, Igbenedion, etc. Now the controversy surrounding the source of the initial funding is a totally different subject matter.

For all purposes and intent, some other people should set us scholarships, endow grants, and provide angel student loans to people who are brilliant enough to study in these schools but cannot afford them.

In my opinion, Government at all levels should divest from Education especially at the tertiary level. It is too serious a matter to be treated with ignominy as is witnessed now

Believe me, if you ever have the chance to interview many Nigerian graduates you will discover why we have been retrogressing in leaps and bounds.

Public education is a big SHAM.

Be it First generation, second generation federal and even state institutions.

We really should be thankful to Oyedepo and co for RESCUING us from the sinking ship called public education.

If I am granted life and the wherewithal, I would rather my offsprings learn a good trade after a good foundation in a private secondary school than attend a public university.

My two pence though.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by TruthinAction: 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
Oktane:

Again, my apologies for sounding so detached from reality but let's attempt to adjudge this thing dispassionately.

Oyedepo has made a very undeniably significant contribution to our National growth through the set up of Covenant university. So has Atiku, Elizade, Age Babalola, Igbenedion, etc. Now the controversy surrounding the source of the initial funding is a totally different subject matter.

For all purposes and intent, some other people should set us scholarships, endow grants, and provide angel student loans to people who are brilliant enough to study in these schools but cannot afford them.

In my opinion, Government at all levels should divest from Education especially at the tertiary level. It is too serious a matter to be treated with ignominy as is witnessed now

Believe me, if you ever have the chance to interview many Nigerian graduates you will discover why we have been retrogressing in leaps and bounds.

We really should be thankful to Oyedepo and co for RESCUING us from the sinking ship called public education.

If I am granted life and the wherewithal, I would rather my offsprings learn a good trade after a good foundation in a private secondary school than attend a public university.

My two pence though.

I don't agree with you. Ministry goals should be tailored towards reaching the less privileged. Otherwise, it's purely business and not a ministry.

Our public schools just need monitoring. They were very okay years back. I went through public schools and had a very sound education. Government just need to give a little more attention. I believe in quality education but we must find ways to make it affordable to all who are qualified.

The ministry of our Lord Jesus emphasized reaching out to the poor and this should be the focus of every ministry. We should not be so successful as to forget that there are so many people who can't even afford to buy notebooks for their kids.

The OPM ministry is doing a very good job in Riverstate providing quality education up to secondary school level free for all. And you need to watch these kids. They speak as though they schooled oversea.

Bishop Oyedepo has so many millionaires and they can partner with him to help so many poor families whose kids are brilliant but can't afford the tuition fee.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by TruthinAction: 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
flourishing247:

They have two scholarship schemes. Jim Ovia scholarship and David oyedepo foundation scholarship. Anyone can apply for the two. The entry qualification is not difficult 220 score in Jamb. The problem with a lot of people here is that they don't do proper research. They just flow with the bandwagon.

They should let people know. And it should not just be for a few people. If they can sponsor hundreds of people each year, it makes sense.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by isoh(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2019
Say no to another JAMB frustration

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by CeterisXVII: 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2019
flourishing247:
Hahahahahahah. Do you live in Nigeria? I guess you don't. So many schools all over the nation. West, East, South North. All over have schools that pay 1mil -3mil per session. Those secondary schools have nothing less than 400 students.
Oga, please stop the hype. How many private schools exist in Nigeria? What is the proportion of those that charge high fees? How many of them charge the 1 million to 3 million naira per child per session that you spoke of? List their names instead of peddling petty gossip and hearsay.....
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by CeterisXVII: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gerrard59:

Oga, your link contains information that cannot be substantiated or verified. It is just Covenant University making tall claims and trying to hype its' students.

If truly private secondary schools exist that charge more than what CU charges per session, why not post the details here? The problem is that people like to repeat gossip and hype, instead of facts.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by CeterisXVII: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gerrard59:

Oga, your link contains information from Stutern's online platform, which cannot be substantiated or verified. Stutern's claims were not verified by any independent body or approved education board, or council.

Covenant University repeated Stutern's claims, as it is trying to hype its' students.

If truly private secondary schools exist that charge more than what CU charges per session, why not post the details here? The problem is that people like to repeat gossip and hype, instead of facts.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 7:26am On Sep 01, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Oga, please stop the hype. How many private schools exist in Nigeria? What is the proportion of those that charge high fees? How many of them charge the 1 million to 3 million naira per child per session that you spoke of? List their names instead of peddling petty gossip and hearsay.....

You love to argue. Google can actually help you. I don't have time to start making a comprehensive list. Even Ibadan has such schools, I know 3. LOL.
It's not rumour, when you have young people around you. You tend to do a lot of research concerning education. So if you really want to know, go online. Do you also know there are schools in Nigeria that have waiting list? Just hustle so these things won't sound strange to you!!!
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by budaatum: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

There is no amount of breakdown that will justify the cost. How can the less privilege get such quality education.
Why must the less priviledged receive quality education if they cannot pay for it? Does it fall from heaven on everyone like rain?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by budaatum: 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Employable graduates, is totally different from employed graduates. How many of their graduates are fully employed, (that is the real question), not under-employed or unemployed, o! shocked

Is it 50% or 70% of their total graduate pool, within the first 2 years of graduation? Those are the salient questions. "Employable," doesn't cut it. undecided
This is indeed how we will judge its value.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by budaatum: 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
Oktane:

It was not a gaffe but was done with the specific intention of creating ignorant people. We cannot not see if our eyes do not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvK9fiA6uPY
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by CeterisXVII: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
flourishing247:
You love to argue. Google can actually help you. I don't have time to start making a comprehensive list. Even Ibadan has such schools, I know 3. LOL.
It's not rumour, when you have young people around you. You tend to do a lot of research concerning education. So if you really want to know, go online. Do you also know there are schools in Nigeria that have waiting list? Just hustle so these things won't sound strange to you!!!
When people like you lack facts, you resort to inanities. You know 3 of such schools, but you cannot list them here? Can you see how empty you sound?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
CeterisXVII:

When people like you lack facts, you resort to inanities. You know 3 of such schools, but you cannot list them here? Can you see how empty you sound?

Let's start with lifeforte it's a Christian school run by pastor couple. please buzz them and find out their fees. Good thing they also have a scholarship scheme.
Rubies college
de sunshine schools.
Vale college.

Please call these schools and find out their tuition.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by budaatum: 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Expensive schools in Nigeria

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
budaatum:

Expensive schools in Nigeria

Please leave him to keep arguing. All the information he needs is online. Adorable British school in Enugu pays 2.1mil per session. They also have a scholarship scheme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Desloaaa(f): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2022
Oktane:

My two pence though.
you write so well sir, are you a product of private university?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nuc Releases List Of 36 Illegal Universities / Mcpherson University In Pictures / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.