Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Buhari Approves New NDDC Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves New NDDC Board (18759 Views)

President Tinubu Appoints New NDDC Board And Management / President Buhari Receives Lauretta Onochie New NDDC Chairman In Aso Rock / Akpabio Inspects New NDDC Headquarters Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by silverbirdng(f): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a 16-man new board of the Niger Delta Development Commission, with Dr Pius Odubu from Edo State as the chairman.

A statement signed by the Permanent Secretary (General Services Office), the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olusegun Adekunle, on behalf of the SGF, however, said that the appointment was subject to the confirmation of the Senate.

The statement said, “President Muhammadu Buhari, has, subject to Senate confirmation, approved the composition of the Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission. The interim management headed by Prof Nelson Brambaifa has been directed to hand-over to the most senior director in the commission.

“The chairman and members of the newly composed Governing Board are by this release invited to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Monday, September 2, 2019 for proper documentation and briefing. They are to come along with their updated CVs and valid identification.”

Among the board members is Bernard Okumagba from Delta State, who will serve as Managing Director, and Otobong Ndem from Akwa Ibom, who was appointed as the Executive Director, Projects.

Others are Maxwell Okoh from Bayelsa State, Jones Erue from Delta State, Victor Ekhatar from Edo State, Joy Nunieh from Rivers State, Nwogu Nwogu from Abia State, Theodore Allison from Bayelsa State, Victor Antai from Akwa Ibom State, Maurice Effiwatt from Cross River State, Olugbenga Elema from Ondo State, Uchegbu Kyrian from Imo State and Aisha Muhammed from Kano State representing North-West area on the board.

From Adamawa State, President Buhari appointed Ardo Zubairu to represent the North-East, while Badmus Mutalib was appointed from Lagos State to represent the South-West region on the NDDC board.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/buhari-approves-new-nddc-board/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by festacman(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by myfan: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by JonDon12: 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Shame on Niger Delta. That we have this Fulani man making decisions for us. Shame on the communities, Shame on the states, shame on the Peoples, Shame on the SS geo-graphical zone. Shame on the whole south except for the Ibos who fought for Independence valiantly and are doing so again.

Instead of this guy

You have this Guy
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10116176_buhari560x600_jpeg_jpeg22c8e77313e588516fe943ff0847a60b

because of decisions you made in 1968.

You should go and stone your elders. They put you in chains

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Charleys: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
I've been to NDDC headquarters in port Harcourt.

It is Hausa they speak there, no one is in suit.
Quote me anywhere.

They put top positions as Southerners but the remaining people working there which are majority are Northerners, the federal government employs them.

This top Southerners do not understand the language spoken by their subordinates. They are just figure heads.

It is opposite NIMC office, anyone in PH city should tell me I'm lying.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by lilfreezy: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
Aisha Muhammed from Kano State . What in the actual fụck is she doing in the board of NDDC

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Akurakambe(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
This country is cursed. What's someone from Kano state doing in NDDC board for Chris sake??

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by seunmsg(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
lilfreezy:
Aisha Muhammed from Kano State . What in the actual fụck is she doing in the board of NDDC

The NNDC act provides that North west, North east and South west should have a member each on the board. I want to believe the newly created North east development commission also provides for board members from south west, south east and south south.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Astark: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
JonDon12:
Shame on Niger Delta. That we have this Fulani man making decisions for us. Shame on the communities, Shame on the states, shame on the Peoples, Shame on the SS geo-graphical zone. Shame on the whole south except for the Ibos who fought for Independence valiantly and are doing so again.

Instead of this guy

You have this Guy
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10116176_buhari560x600_jpeg_jpeg22c8e77313e588516fe943ff0847a60b

because of decisions you made in 1968.

You should go and stone your elders. They put you in chains
we are not complaining now go and die

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Astark: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
Charleys:
I've been to NDDC office in port Harcourt.

It is Hausa they speak there, no one is in suit.
Quote me anywhere.

They put top positions as Southerners but the remaining people working there which are majority are Northerners, the federal government employ them.

This top Southerners do not understand the language spoken by their subordinates.
that's what you get when you keep complaining. Why don't the governors and indigenes burn the place down and drive out the hausa

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Astark: 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
seunmsg:

The NNDC act provides that North west, North east and South west should have a member each on the board. I want to believe the newly created North east development commission also provides for board members from south west, south east and south south.
and I hope the north East development commission won't be using Niger Delta money. Lazy disgusting leeches.spits

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by JonDon12: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
Astark:

You are not complaining because you are either blind, deaf and/or daft.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Astark: 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
JonDon12:

You are not complaining because you are either blind, deaf and/or daft.
Igbo man please stop crying for us, go get your Biafra sofa you don't include us. Is it by force? Nawa

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by garfield1: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Fratermathy and efewestern,is that okumagba urhobo or itsekiri
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by fratermathy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
garfield1:
Fratermathy and efewestern,is that okumagba urhobo or itsekiri

He's Urhobo from Delta South Senatorial district. I think Buhari's appointments were based on the voting patterns. If so, Urhobos gave him the most significant votes in Delta State. We didn't vote based on sentiments. In particular, Ughelli North and Ethiope East generated nothing less than 200,000 votes (combined) for Buhari. This is in addition to the massive votes APC got in other LGAs in Delta Central.

Again, the defacto leader of the APC in Delta State is DSP Omo-Agege and we all know that one of his major missions is to correct the marginalisation of Urhobos in previous appointments. In that, he has done very well. We now hope that these appointments may translate into tangible development for the people.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Higgies(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hope Atiku will not disband them later ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Beremx(f): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
seunmsg:

...and if it doesn't?
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by lucianohase(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
Wetin concern Northwest and north east for nddc? I know the only south west state there is ondo, how come south west representative , northwest and northeast representatives? What is this??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by fratermathy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
lucianohase:
Wetin concern Northwest and north east for nddc? I know the only south west state there is ondo, how come south west representative , northwest and northeast representatives? What is this??

Answer: Federal Character!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by bayelsaowei(m): 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nonsense board
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by manitoba(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nice one..I remember Okumagba then while in Delta.
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by seunmsg(m): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2019
Beremx:
...and if it doesn't?

More reason for folks like you to wail endlessly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Ayopercent(m): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2019
seunmsg:

What of north central geopolitical zone

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by lucianohase(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
In nddc? Which is meant strictly for Niger deltans? Nawa oh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by fratermathy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
manitoba:
Nice one..I remember Okumagba then while in Delta.

It's a large family with a popular layout off Deco Road, Warri. They are a key family in the Okere-Urhobo kingdom of Warri. They were notorious in the fight against Itsekiri's annexation of Urhobo areas in Warri. Many thanks to their doggedness, Urhobos have a firm hold in Warri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by babyfaceafrica: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
lucianohase:
In nddc? Which is meant strictly for Niger deltans? Nawa oh
is that in the constitution?
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by rummmy: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
Astark:
Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
All the best to them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by itsme01: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
cry

Some region.are bitter sha, the post reads NDDC niger delta but na dem dey cry pass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New NDDC Board by PureGoldh(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Which way Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Fire On Muslim Worshippers, In Kano, Kill Three. / "We Will Support Buhari If He Contests In 2019" - South-East Elders Council / Pdp’s Victory In Oyo Thwarts South West Apc’s Political Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.