Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

My Life's A Mess - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Life's A Mess (2674 Views)

Love Making Is A Mess, Disgusting And Smelling / Why Is Nairaland Becoming A Mess? / Don't Mess With Their Sister: 4 Boys & 1 Girl Siblings (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life's A Mess by liberalchick(f): 12:50am On Aug 29, 2019
Yes they would because most Nigerians think there has to be a major event to cause your depression. Where are you located? Do you have access to therapists? If you are in Lagos I have one or two I can recommend. You can send me a message if you need help. You are already on the right track, knowing you need help and seeking one on a forum is good.

Watercarrier:

You know, if I ever told anybody that I'm having such a plight, they'd probably think I'm joking so I just forget that option. Some persons would probably not understand the underlying issue but I say there's a problem and it's there.

5 Likes

Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2019
liberalchick:
Yes they would because most Nigerians think there has to be a major event to cause your depression. Where are you located? Do you have access to therapists? If you are in Lagos I have one or two I can recommend. You can send me a message if you need help. You are already on the right track, knowing you need help and seeking one on a forum is good.

Unfortunately I can't afford the services of a therapist right now plus I'm not in Lagos currently coupled with the plethora of activities I have going on right now (final year), it's just saddening. Last time I saw counselors, they couldn't do anything to help me in sorting myself out, had to read motivational books to tackle it though I wasn't feeling like this at that time. I put smiles on people's faces but I can't do anything.
Was in class this morning and my attention was not there, I was just lost and I was just eager to leave the lectures.
Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 9:46am On Aug 29, 2019
Abcruz:

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD O simple one:

If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, and your well-being like the waves of the sea.--Isaiah--48:18

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7

Nevertheless,
Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproofs of life abides among the wise!!!
I know I need to get closer to God.
Re: My Life's A Mess by liberalchick(f): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ok. No worries, you can find lots of resources on the internet. You can also join a support online forum. I will look for some and post here later.

Watercarrier:

Unfortunately I can't afford the services of a therapist right now plus I'm not in Lagos currently coupled with the plethora of activities I have going on right now (final year), it's just saddening. Last time I saw counselors, they couldn't do anything to help me in sorting myself out, had to read motivational books to tackle it though I wasn't feeling like this at that time. I put smiles on people's faces but I can't do anything.
Was in class this morning and my attention was not there, I was just lost and I was just eager to leave the lectures.

2 Likes

Re: My Life's A Mess by capnies: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Visit the nearest church to you on Sunday and give your life to Jesus His the one calling you, like Samuel answer Him now and find peace for your soul
Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
liberalchick:
Ok. No worries, you can find lots of resources on the internet. You can also join a support online forum. I will look for some and post here later.

Thank you so much, I appreciate.
Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
capnies:
Visit the nearest church to you on Sunday and give your life to Jesus His the one calling you, like Samuel answer Him now and find peace for your soul
No qualms sir, God is in control.
Re: My Life's A Mess by liberalchick(f): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
https://support.therapytribe.com/depression-support-group/

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/best-depression-resources-depression-websites-2012-0118137

https://psychcentralforums.com/depression/

Forums that might help you. I am not a mental health expert neither are you so we are self diagnosing here. Please don’t replace this forum(s) with a proper diagnosis and care. However, in the meantime before you have access to a doctor/therapist, you can use the resources from the links above to help you figure out what’s wrong with you.

Hugs.

Watercarrier:

Thank you so much, I appreciate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life's A Mess by Nekky5(f): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
Hmm!!! I was once in your situation bros but God turned my mess to a message. Depression is one of the effective tools the devil uses to abort destinies. Do not succumb to it.All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
liberalchick:
https://support.therapytribe.com/depression-support-group/

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/best-depression-resources-depression-websites-2012-0118137

https://psychcentralforums.com/depression/

Forums that might help you. I am not a mental health expert neither are you so we are self diagnosing here. Please don’t replace this forum(s) with a proper diagnosis and care. However, in the meantime before you have access to a doctor/therapist, you can use the resources from the links above to help you figure out what’s wrong with you.

Hugs.

God bless you, I'll survive this.

2 Likes

Re: My Life's A Mess by FredasMumAndI: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
This is a phase.
Trust me, when you are closer to 30 than 20, most of what you have said here will be history.
It takes a while to find yourself, and doing something tangible with your life is part of the process.
Set small goals, and achieve them. You're in school. Find some time to pick up a skill, or start a small business that earns you reward/income.
Or look for a small job. It mustn't pay your bills in full. But you will earn something. Working and earning money will give you a sense of achievement. Gradually you will move on to bigger things.
Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2019
FredasMumAndI:
This is a phase.
Trust me, when you are closer to 30 than 20, most of what you have said here will be history.
It takes a while to find yourself, and doing something tangible with your life is part of the process.
Set small goals, and achieve them. You're in school. Find some time to pick up a skill, or start a small business that earns you reward/income.
Or look for a small job. It mustn't pay your bills in full. But you will earn something. Working and earning money will give you a sense of achievement. Gradually you will move on to bigger things.
Yes boss, I hope so though I just want to focus on my studies for now, I started well and I want to well. In less than 3 months, I'll be rounding up my program.
I'm getting back on my feet gradually.
Re: My Life's A Mess by Watercarrier: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2019
I want to thank you guys for your counsel, sorry for the disturbance. I really appreciate the admonishments. I'm grateful. Things will improve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Women Come In And Help A Sister / Health Benefits Of Scent Leaf You Need To Know / How I And My Ex Lover Ruin My Sister Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.